This Thread. Literally the "Kobayashi Maru" of all C&D Scenarios. 3 Actors only.

This is a discussion on This Thread. Literally the "Kobayashi Maru" of all C&D Scenarios. 3 Actors only. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay "wishmastuh," grant her wish, whatever it is. There, problem solved....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: This Thread. Literally the "Kobayashi Maru" of all C&D Scenarios. 3 Actors only.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Okay "wishmastuh," grant her wish, whatever it is.

There, problem solved.

2. Remove Ads

Um everyone is forgetting the obvious.

Make a "T" with your hands and call time out!
    Spade115 and tcox4freedom like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflyer View Post
    I would toss a jelly donut at the officer's feet. When he stopped to pick it up, I would bum rush my wife and disarm her. Works every time.
    Winner!!!

OK seriously: @ the OP, This is a forum for adults who are serious about carrying a firearm and serious about self defense. Let's leave it at that.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    This question, while being a bogus scenario, still does cause one to think about their morals, their priorities, and their view of society, how they regards themselves in comparison to others and how they choose to accept (or not) public authority.
    Not so much. What it causes me to think about is why we didn't solve this problem sooner? Or why was my wife on an island with her troubles? Where was I before things got out of hand?

This situation was written by a single guy. Anyone who was married for any amount of time would know and understand exactly where his wife was before he left that day and this wouldn't be such a surprise.

If she had a history of harming herself then the guns would be locked away in the safe. It's called responsibility and being part of a team/family.
    WHEC724 and Spade115 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Watch your wife die. There is no logical way to intervene in a suicide by cop scenario without royally screwing the pooch.

I'm ashamed to admit that I got the Star Trek reference.
    Loved one vs officer scenarios rarely gets debated :D

I can see why.

If she forces the LEO's hand,he has a family that he needs to go home to,"Even tho Tx allows use of deadly force against an LEO in some scenarios",this is not one of them.I would also hope that if I have somebody that may be suicidal I make every effort to prevent them from accessing a firearm.
    Spade115 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If she forces the LEO's hand,he has a family that he needs to go home to,"Even tho Tx allows use of deadly force against an LEO in some scenarios",this is not one of them.I would also hope that if I have somebody that may be suicidal I make every effort to prevent them from accessing a firearm.
    Maybe she acquired the gun on her own. The scenario is what it is. There isn't much finessing here. Enough information was given for you to make a split second decision.

Your wifes life is on the line, potentially 3. What would you do?

If this was mexico where corruption exists, would that make your decision any easier? Does your perception of authority make a difference?

What if that mexican officer is one of the good guys? How would you know....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishmastuh View Post

If this was mexico where corruption exists, would that make your decision any easier?

Or what if you knew the cop was really Osama Bin Laden, and his death was previously faked?

I originally saw some usefulness in this thread, in that it attempted to draw out those who would kill an innocent in order to protect a loved one. By the OP's own hand, it has clearly jumped the tracks into never-never land.

VIP Member
    Maybe she acquired the gun on her own. The scenario is what it is. There isn't much finessing here. Enough information was given for you to make a split second decision.

Your wifes life is on the line, potentially 3. What would you do?

If this was mexico where corruption exists, would that make your decision any easier?

You're not getting it friend. We don't care about contrived scenarios. We, the rest of us, are here to learn about things that could save our lives.

We are here to learn and to teach. We are not here to jack around and play silly games. Silly games and jokes are for the off topic forum.
    tcox4freedom and Spirit51 like this.

There are tons of contrived scenarios in this forum topic. :D

People can't answer the question (at least honestly without being politically correct) so they start joking about it. And pointing fingers. And blaming the OP for posting something "wasting their time reading it". Throw jelly donut"? :D

Like I said "the Kobayashi Maru" of all C&D Scenarios.

VIP Member
    There are tons of contrived scenarios in this forum topic. :D

People can't answer the question (at least honestly without being politically correct) so they start joking about it. And pointing fingers. And blaming the OP for posting something "wasting their time reading it". Throw jelly donut"? :D

Like I said "the Kobayashi Maru" of all C&D Scenarios.
    I answered quite directly on post #22, with no attempt at PC. This is hardly a brain-teaser.
    atctimmy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I answered quite directly on post #22, with no attempt at PC. This is hardly a brain-teaser.
    "My sympathy is with the cop. I love my wife dearly, but I'm a firm believer that we are all responsible for our actions. In your scenario, she has threatened the life of an innocent police officer."

Good answer. Would love to see additional viewpoints about your answer from others.

I was being honest in my post, if I seriously didnt see how this got to this situation I would take the bullet for both and take myself out (makeing my wife feel bad dropping the gun...hopefully) and having the cop restrain her once her gun drops.

However he's not forcing her to draw on him, it is her choice and suicide by cop is her choice. I have no reason to draw on the officer for doing his job. her family is there (me) and his family is somewhere else. If he looks like he is going to hesitate, Ill pull the trigger myself for the simple fact that someone who has nothing to do with it (officer) did not need to be there. She could of always just killed herself and I could walk into a crime scene suicide then watching a stand off.

Its like I tell people "Grown up decisions, Grown up Consequences"

If it happens in Mexico? What if it happens on a boat on the coast? What about work?
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    This was a stupid scenario and an unrealistic one. Yet the answers to it really have me scratching my head. While I have no idea what I would do if faced with such a scenario, I can say that I would put my wife before anyone else. Anyone. I don't care what office they hold or how big their badge is, my wife's life is more important to me then theirs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    An interesting take. There are black and white views here.

Your love for her must be tremendous.

Some people honestly hate their wives. It reflects in their answers. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    I was being honest in my post, if I seriously didnt see how this got to this situation I would take the bullet for both and take myself out (makeing my wife feel bad dropping the gun...hopefully) and having the cop restrain her once her gun drops.

However he's not forcing her to draw on him, it is her choice and suicide by cop is her choice. I have no reason to draw on the officer for doing his job. her family is there (me) and his family is somewhere else. If he looks like he is going to hesitate, Ill pull the trigger myself for the simple fact that someone who has nothing to do with it (officer) did not need to be there. She could of always just killed herself and I could walk into a crime scene suicide then watching a stand off.

Its like I tell people "Grown up decisions, Grown up Consequences"

If it happens in Mexico? What if it happens on a boat on the coast? What about work?
    The twist about mexico was police corruption. Would that make your decision any easier?? Does your perception of authority make a difference?

Why?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links