This Thread. Literally the "Kobayashi Maru" of all C&D Scenarios. 3 Actors only. - Page 4

This Thread. Literally the "Kobayashi Maru" of all C&D Scenarios. 3 Actors only.

This is a discussion on This Thread. Literally the "Kobayashi Maru" of all C&D Scenarios. 3 Actors only. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SamRudolph Well, clearly you cheat and reprogram the scenario. So sayeth James Tiberius Kirk...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: This Thread. Literally the "Kobayashi Maru" of all C&D Scenarios. 3 Actors only.

Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    Well, clearly you cheat and reprogram the scenario.
    So sayeth James Tiberius Kirk
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

When you called the police, you needed to tell them that she was suicidal and wants suicide by police. The LEOs would handle it differently
    tcox4freedom likes this.

You lost me at the misuse of "literally."

Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    When you called the police, you needed to tell them that she was suicidal and wants suicide by police. The LEOs would handle it differently
    The scenario was never prefaced as "suicide by police".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishmastuh View Post
    The twist about mexico was police corruption. Would that make your decision any easier?? Does your perception of authority make a difference?

Why?
    Okay, I think I get where you're going with this, and it is noteworthy (IMHO).

Police corruption makes no difference in my response. My wife is in the wrong, and has endangered the officer's life. My premise is based upon the belief that ALL of us are corrupt to some extent. I make every effort to be a good man, and I still have frequent times where I'm am steeped in shame and disappointment at my downfalls. Using the sin of another as an excuse to do wrong, is not okay.

In other words, I don't care if it's Darth Vadar. If at that moment, he's doing his duty to the best of his ability as a police officer and my unstable wife is threatening to shoot him, my favor is with the officer.

My response has nothing to do with the presence of an authority figure.
    Spade115 and atctimmy like this.

The scenario was never prefaced as "suicide by police".
    True, but if you knew she was suicidal, you could relay that to the police. Of course you are correct, that the police would have to assume "suicide by police".

I live in a border town with corrupt cops, dosnt make a difference to me.

(Edited in)
    I think I heard this in a movie

"Anyone can be bought and anyone can be got, just depends on your time" - unknown o.0
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Wake up. Take a tums and try to remember no more pizza for a late night snack.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

My ol lady is here asking me, How are you past 12 yards away and not in shouting distance and seeing the officers grip behind the door? My eyes arent that great, my ol lady says she would be dead...

Why would you brake and stop that far from your home?
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    My ol lady is here asking me, How are you past 12 yards away and not in shouting distance and seeing the officers grip behind the door? My eyes arent that great, my ol lady says she would be dead...

Why would you brake and stop that far from your home?
    Because the officer is taking cover behind his car door gun drawn and aimed.

Would you still drive in barreling all the way up to him? We are talking seconds here from your time of arrival having just turned the street corner. I wouldn't.

Maybe its because I'm young, but at full sprint I can easily cover 12 yards in under a second lol. But I agree with the guy that said he would have just drove the car onto the porch. And I'm not married and girlfriend isn't all crazy, but if she did do this and I could take the bullet for her I def would, without a thought, no matter what the situation.
    Spade115 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Okay, I think I get where you're going with this, and it is noteworthy (IMHO).

Police corruption makes no difference in my response. My wife is in the wrong, and has endangered the officer's life. My premise is based upon the belief that ALL of us are corrupt to some extent. I make every effort to be a good man, and I still have frequent times where I'm am steeped in shame and disappointment at my downfalls. Using the sin of another as an excuse to do wrong, is not okay.

In other words, I don't care if it's Darth Vadar. If at that moment, he's doing his duty to the best of his ability as a police officer and my unstable wife is threatening to shoot him, my favor is with the officer.

My response has nothing to do with the presence of an authority figure.
    Guess you didn't love your wife as much to defend her during her time of need. She's always stood by your side. Cheering you on and even dipping into her meager savings to take care of a late college payment or two if they arise. She proved she would give a lot for you. So you married her.

Now imagine how you would feel if you knew her gun wasn't actually loaded, before, and after the fallout.

Well I guess I'm by myself in saying that I get in between them no matter what. Whether on foot or in the car I'm in the middle trying to de-escalate the situation. If it's my time it's my time, but I love my wife more than anything on the planet and I couldn't live knowing I didn't do absolutely everything in my power to try to stop the bad from happening.
    Spade115 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kmagnuss View Post
    Well I guess I'm by myself in saying that I get in between them no matter what. Whether on foot or in the car I'm in the middle trying to de-escalate the situation. If it's my time it's my time, but I love my wife more than anything on the planet and I couldn't live knowing I didn't do absolutely everything in my power to try to stop the bad from happening.
    As stated in the scenario you are too far to get in between. But you are close enough to see everything and even intervene.

VIP Member
    Some people honestly hate their wives. It reflects in their answers.
    Guess you didn't love your wife as much to defend her during her time of need. She's always stood by your side. Shouldering burdens shared alike as much as she could.

Now imagine how you would feel if you knew her gun wasn't actually loaded, before, and after the fallout.
    You Sir, are starting to anger me. People don't love their wives by committing a murder.

People love their wives by committing their lives to them. They love them by taking the time to know their troubles and fears. They love them by gently leading them out of their sorrows. They love them by picking them up when they fall. They love them by carrying them when they can't go any farther. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THEY LOVE THEM ENOUGH EVERY DAY TO NOT LET THINGS GET THIS FAR UNCHECKED!

It's a man that doesn't love his wife and who doesn't know a thing about her that would be blindsided by something like this. It's a man who so selfish that he never takes the time to find out where she is before he leaves for work.

Like I said, I'd bet $50 that you're not married or else you wouldn't have written such a squirrely scenario. Marriage is all day in the trenches pal, it's not some onetime lofty act of service. It's an all day every day thing.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links