This Thread. Literally the "Kobayashi Maru" of all C&D Scenarios. 3 Actors only.

This is a discussion on This Thread. Literally the "Kobayashi Maru" of all C&D Scenarios. 3 Actors only. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You're coming back from work at night and armed when you receive a call from your wife that she's distraught. She has had a history ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: This Thread. Literally the "Kobayashi Maru" of all C&D Scenarios. 3 Actors only.

This Thread. Literally the "Kobayashi Maru" of all C&D Scenarios. 3 Actors only.

You're coming back from work at night and armed when you receive a call from your wife that she's distraught. She has had a history of trying to harm herself after a series of unfortunate life circumstances. A mortgage gone sour, a recent passing of her mother after a long battle with cancer, things not going well for her medical studies, now a looming college debt. Her dreams appear dashed, she tells you she wants to die and has stopped taking her medication. She confides that she just can't take it anymore. She tells you that she loves you and to forgive her. You call the police.

You floor the pedal hoping to god that she is OK, you know there's still time for her to seek counseling, that everything can be alright. You pray that help arrives before she hurts herself. An eternity of four minutes pass and as you finally turn the street corner you see a police car has arrived in front of your home....sirens and lights blaring.....an officer is taking cover behind the door. You hit the breaks nearly arriving and as you exit your car you see that your wife is standing in front of the main doorway brandishing a firearm at the officer. The officer commands your wife "PUT THE GUN DOWN!" Your wife appears to become even more agitated, irritable, she might even be confused, the noise from the police siren is loud, you see the officer tightens his posture and toughens his grip. She moves towards the officer. You close in running and reach shouting distance. You now have 5 seconds to act before he fires. You are 12 yards away from the 1 second mark. You hear a backup units sirens in the distance approaching...

3 ...... What do you do?

2. Remove Ads

Pray... and get between the two of them.

Oh, and before this happens, I'll reprogram the situation (through early intervention).

I don't believe in the no-win scenario.
    jfnixon, W9HDG, Spade115 and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    Pray... and get between the two of them.

Oh, and before this happens, I'll reprogram the situation (through early intervention).

I don't believe in the no-win scenario.
    There's not enough time to get in between them. You are 12 yards away from the 1 second mark.

"Till Death Do Us Part?"

Quote Originally Posted by wishmastuh View Post
    There's not enough time to get in between them. You are 12 yards away from the 1 second mark.

"Till Death Do Us Part?"
    Nah. I wouldn't have gotten out of the car until it was at the front porch. If you're trying to bait us into shooting a LEO doing his/her job, you got to the wrong forum.

BTW, Welcome. Enjoy the place.

Nah. I wouldn't have gotten out of the car until it was at the front porch. If you're trying to bait us into shooting a LEO doing his/her job, you got to the wrong forum.

BTW, Welcome. Enjoy the place.
    When you arrived at the scene you had no idea if BG's where in the mix or even if there was a hostage situation. You just know the officer is aiming and something lethal is eminent.

I hate imaginary "what if" scenario posts.

Hypothetical scenarios so hypothetical solution.

I rub my lamp and wish for the situation to end with nobody hurt & nobody in jail.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    LOL wow not sure what you are asking here.

Would I shoot the officer no. Would I get between him and my wife, no. If she decides that she wants company in her endeavor it will not be me and I would not put the officer in that position.

Other than that this is a weird one.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

VIP Member
    Sorry to say, it looks like your soon to be a widower. It's a tragic situation, but one of your and her making. If you knew she was in a fragile condition, you should have already gotten her help, AND you should not have left firearms where she could get to them.

Now since we are talking hypothetical situations, you could always pull your carry gun and shoot her gun out of her hand.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Be a good witness and try to get some video with my phone for You Tube.
    Spade115 likes this.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

mkh
    Total waste of the time I spent reading this.

I've decided on my options, as realistic as the scenario itself.

10. Quick draw my invisible silenced 12g with "soft-touch" bean bag rounds, spin it twice, and shoot the gun from her hand.
    9. Just like Morpheus taught me, stop the bullets in both directions (take some time to examine them before they drop), then grab her and run inside to the telephone to get us out of the Matrix.
    8. Distract everybody by saying, "Look, Sir! Droids!" then use the Force to push her inside the house.
    7. Run "Forrest Gump fast" between the two, take the LEO's bullet in my buttocks ("SOMETHING BIT ME!!!"), throw her over my shoulder, and run out of the jungle.
    6. Wiggle my nose. It always worked for Samantha.
    5. Rub the lamp... I think I have one wish left.
    4. Clap twice to activate the lights as I throw my Slinky at the stairs and perform "Walk the Dog" with my Duncan Yo-Yo. That will distract them long enough for me to press my Life Call and yell "I've fallen and I can't get up!" which will tell the call center to call 911 for me, further distracting the LEO and building time for me to use my Ronco snow brick maker to create a bullet-proof barrier out of JB Weld.
    3. One word: Flowbee
    2. Activate the Batsignal
    1. Shoot her with my phaser, set for stun.

Quote Originally Posted by wishmastuh View Post
    When you arrived at the scene you had no idea if BG's where in the mix or even if there was a hostage situation. You just know the officer is aiming and something lethal is eminent.
    You can't just make up stuff as you go....what next, they are terrorists with a dirty bomb? I think he IS baiting someone into saying they will shoot the LEO or intervene. Like someone said:wrong forum

Administrator
    So she has obviously made the adult decision to end it all using Suicide By Cop.

Many Police cannot shoot worth a damn & you don't want her to suffer needlessly by being gut shot.

Quickly draw & fire putting two into her chest & one in her forehead. Shot Placement is the key. You want it to be quick and painless.

She gets what she wanted. The officer gets to sleep at night.

You run over to the hot young chicks house (that works with you in your office) and she consoles you by giving you a gentle back rub while she whips up a Martini...Dry...Two Olives..."Shaken Not Stirred" & she plays "You Always Hurt The One You Love" by The Mills Brothers.

After the funeral you get Bo-Tox injections...start working out again...shop for a new wardrobe...buy that kick-ass motorcycle that you always wanted...keep the toilet seat up all the time...and check out the various Mail Order Brides On Line sites for a more subservient partner who can't wait to get to America & treat you like a king.

Can you tell that I hate strange hypothetical scenarios also.

I've decided on my options, as realistic as the scenario itself.

10. Quick draw my invisible silenced 12g with "soft-touch" bean bag rounds, spin it twice, and shoot the gun from her hand.
    9. Just like Morpheus taught me, stop the bullets in both directions (take some time to examine them before they drop), then grab her and run inside to the telephone to get us out of the Matrix.
    8. Distract everybody by saying, "Look, Sir! Droids!" then use the Force to push her inside the house.
    7. Run "Forrest Gump fast" between the two, take the LEO's bullet in my buttocks ("SOMETHING BIT ME!!!"), throw her over my shoulder, and run out of the jungle.
    6. Wiggle my nose. It always worked for Samantha.
    5. Rub the lamp... I think I have one wish left.
    4. Clap twice to activate the lights as I throw my Slinky at the stairs and perform "Walk the Dog" with my Duncan Yo-Yo. That will distract them long enough for me to press my Life Call and yell "I've fallen and I can't get up!" which will tell the call center to call 911 for me, further distracting the LEO and building time for me to use my Ronco snow brick maker to create a bullet-proof barrier out of JB Weld.
    3. One word: Flowbee
    2. Activate the Batsignal
    1. Shoot her with my phaser, set for stun.
    Now THAT is funny.
    Arborigine and Spade115 like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links