LEO breaks into your Home w/o warrant - Now you can shoot them!

This is a discussion on LEO breaks into your Home w/o warrant - Now you can shoot them! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by mcp1810 I'll have to think about that. So you never answered my question. Do you think the founding fathers would have thought ...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: LEO breaks into your Home w/o warrant - Now you can shoot them!

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    I'll have to think about that. So you never answered my question. Do you think the founding fathers would have thought two search warrants like this per day in their entire country would have been excessive?

You are attempting (by stating as "two per day") to utilize that well-known closing technique called "reduce it to the ridiculous". I am not 'buying' it. However, I do agree with your circa 1780 postulated number, which would be 700 to 800 per year. And yes, I think the Founding Fathers would have been against this type of behavior by police, who are really acting like a military group.

Please bear in mind - my main objection here is to full-blown military-style raids on a private civilian home for relatively minor offenses. I do believe there is a need for a select few of these style raids, just not 70k to 80k per year.

-
    mcgyver210 likes this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

2. Remove Ads

I'll have to think about that. So you never answered my question. Do you think the founding fathers would have thought two search warrants like this per day in their entire country would have been excessive?
    Yes.
    mcgyver210 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post
    Not to long ago a house in my area was invaded by men in full tactical gear & the occupants didn't resist at all or even go to a safe room because they assumed they were Police. They weren't Police & the way I remember it there were injuries. So will I assume anyone is Police at wrong address if they are trying to break in? NO NO NO I wont.

As for me being murdered for no reason by their mistake in my home that might happen but I will not go down without a fight. Also a few have said you can't win but that is a very arrogant stance since many people now days have home defense in place, reinforced security & even safe rooms. Oh & has anyone noticed some of the arsenals people here have at the ready? Come-on we aren't all sitting ducks now days with so many seeing what has been happening with

P.S. Lucky for me I live in an area with a smaller Police force & I know many of them including the Swat Guys which haven't made mistakes like this scenario we are talking about.
    Lucky for me the dope heads around here don't spend their money on 511 tactical pants, body armor and tactical shotguns. They prefer to just buy pot and bath salts.

As far as being able to defend yourself against a forced entry team, I suppose IF you had an early warning alarm system like a driveway sensor and IF you went into the safe room immdediatly when the alarm sounded and IF you had a gas mask in the safe room at least you wouldn't get shot. They would just have to wait for you to run out of food and water.

To put it in perspective in 1780 the population of the United States was 2.78 million. Adjusted for population,(scale) that would be a total of about two warrants per day being served in all of the thirteen states. Do you really think the founding fathers would have objected to that?
    But the numbers you are quoting is for ALL no knock warrents, not the number that involve an incorrect address, which is obviously A LOT lower, so the real question is using the percentage of no knock warrents that are served improperly, would the founding fathers have even lived long enough to see one happen?

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    As far as being able to defend yourself against a forced entry team, I suppose IF you had an early warning alarm system like a driveway sensor and IF you went into the safe room immdediatly when the alarm sounded and IF you had a gas mask in the safe room at least you wouldn't get shot. They would just have to wait for you to run out of food and water.
    Now your getting it there are pessimist types that have very little faith left in Government since they decided to declare WAR on Law Abiding Citizens that do have things in place that even have redundant backups. It just takes planning to be somewhat prepared for Disaster even though I don't believe there is away to prepare for every outcome.
    Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

Administrator
    OK, this has went way off the tracks and into the realm of absurd. I think all that needs to be said has several times over.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Links