LEO breaks into your Home w/o warrant - Now you can shoot them!

This is a discussion on LEO breaks into your Home w/o warrant - Now you can shoot them! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At least in Indiana: AllGov - News - Indiana First State to Allow Citizens to Shoot Law Enforcement Officers Interesting concept with all the wrong ...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: LEO breaks into your Home w/o warrant - Now you can shoot them!

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

At least in Indiana:

AllGov - News - Indiana First State to Allow Citizens to Shoot Law Enforcement Officers

Interesting concept with all the wrong address warrants being served!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

2. Remove Ads

Shouldn't need to be a law, but I think it's a great clarification to the 'system'.

It's a real shame that a law like this ever had to be considered. IMHO, the unchecked proliferation of 'no-knock' raids (now at 70,000 to 80,000 annually) only contributes to passage of laws like this. LE should virtually NEVER be breaking into someone's house IMHO, unless the perp is a murderer or full-blown terrorist or something deadly serious is going on in the residence.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Yes, it should never have come to this. On the other hand, a law-abiding citizen has the right to defend against unlawful actions of others, whether under color of law or not. This is a direct result of the abuse of authority and carelessness of LE and courts. It's Law Enforcement, not a military action. These days it's getting hard to tell the difference.
    Cook74, atctimmy, TomEgun and 3 others like this.

It really just shows that LEOs are abusing their Immunity which needs to be controlled with consequences. I personally believe there would be allot less problems if LEOs that cross the line were actually liable for the damages they cause. This would restore the trust that has been lost if they actually were held accountable for their actions.

You can also be history, but I think a home invasion deserves a response and quickly...you don't have time to ask for credentials...you do what you gotta do. Simply put....you likely won't survive a meet with the task force breaking down your door by mistake.......you're outnumbered at this point. Thing is....if you did survive and happened to kill a cop in the process of mistaken identity and warrant.......you shouldn't be held responsible or criminally charged with anything even if you happened to kill upon invasion which wasn't justified. Listen........everyone makes mistakes.....the day you're mistakenly shot and killed is the day you cease to exist. Every law abiding citizen needs to do their best when it comes time to do so......and I'll tell you that those days are getting closer by the minute since most of the powers that be pretty much look at all of us a criminals whether we've broken the law or not. That's your today reality. Many good folks have died at the hands of law enforcement doing their job.

Why is it we even need to worry about law enforcement killing us these days just the same as we do criminals? The system aint what it used to be. The 'system' works for others now and not you. You have to work for yourself AND support those who don't! LOL!
    RichB70 likes this.

I see this also as a result of over zealous LE's But I think it is like any other group. Some go to far in their professions and the need for this kind of law because of only a few abuse the system now.

I dislike it but do see a need for it as our liberties keep getting infringed upon but big brother and the "need" to know all...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    You can also be history, but I think a home invasion deserves a response and quickly...you don't have time to ask for credentials...you do what you gotta do. Simply put....you likely won't survive a meet with the task force breaking down your door by mistake.......you're outnumbered at this point. Thing is....if you did survive and happened to kill a cop in the process of mistaken identity and warrant.......you shouldn't be held responsible or criminally charged with anything even if you happened to kill upon invasion which wasn't justified. Listen........everyone makes mistakes.....the day you're mistakenly shot and killed is the day you cease to exist. Every law abiding citizen needs to do their best when it comes time to do so......and I'll tell you that those days are getting closer by the minute since most of the powers that be pretty much look at all of us a criminals whether we've broken the law or not. That's your today reality.

This is why all involved with a unwarranted Home Invasion should be charged with MURDER & prosecuted just as any other Home Invasion would be. I bet they wouldn't make so many mistakes, wrong addresses etc if they knew there could be consequences besides paid vacation while being reviewed, Just Say-in.

As for task forces etc many criminals dress like LEOs to get advantage I have cameras so I wouldn't be a sitting duck even against a task force although they still might murder me. Luckily I live in a smaller community & our LEOs haven't made this type of mistake & I really doubt they will. I feel very lucky to have a good local police dept.
    Reaperman357 likes this.

“It’s just a recipe for disaster,” Downs told Bloomberg. “It just puts a bounty on our heads.”
    You all better make sure you have the right home and announce you are there serving a warrant

Quote Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post
    This is why all involved with a unwarranted Home Invasion should be charged with MURDER & prosecuted just as any other Home Invasion would be. I bet they wouldn't make so many mistakes, wrong addresses etc if they knew there could be consequences besides paid vacation while being reviewed, Just Say-in.

As for task forces etc many criminals dress like LEOs to get advantage I have cameras so I wouldn't be a sitting duck even against a task force although they still might murder me. Luckily I live in a smaller community & our LEOs haven't made this type of mistake & I really doubt they will. I feel very lucky to have a good local police dept.
    Brother......in most places the law rules and is seldom subjected to judgement especially by the public.....internal affairs do their own work and make shootings justified. Public outcry is well.....you guessed it...non existent until the moment one of your co-workers read the newspaper and says look at this.........by then it's water off a duck's back. LUCKY......what is that here in America now? Only the lucky stay out of mainstream society.....everyone else is subject to change minute by minute. In case you haven't heard........we're no longer free to do anything actually. Hold your hand out and I'll give you something to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Brother......in most places the law rules and is seldom subjected to judgement especially by the public.....internal affairs do their own work and make shootings justified. Public outcry is well.....you guessed it...non existent until the moment one of your co-workers read the newspaper and says look at this.........by then it's water off a duck's back. LUCKY......what is that here in America now? Only the lucky stay out of mainstream society.....everyone else is subject to change minute by minute. In case you haven't heard........we're no longer free to do anything actually. Hold your hand out and I'll give you something to grasp.
    Cops policing Cops is so reassuring which is why many believe a impartial civilian review board should also be involved in the outcome which would bring more trust back to the process. The Bad issue that have been publicized have ultimately eroded trust which is why a law like this is even needed. You shouldn't need to even worry about being murdered in your home by the good guys. Yes I use the word murder because that is what it is IMO.

There are more good LEOs than Bad for sure but the bad get away with way too much & even when caught they seem to be able to just move to another dept.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Shouldn't need to be a law, but I think it's a great clarification to the 'system'.

^^^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Whatever happened to a stake-out, ya know, good ole fashioned police work, follow them{the thug they wanna bust} around and grab them undercover walking into the gym or the local diner.

With some jurisdictions it almost seems they enjoy the swat mentality for something that should be part of the mundane.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    This will not end well. Police are very well armed and have body armor. Not to even bring up the fact that there is more than one of them. The homeowner is at a losing battle..... well I guess the police is as well.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    This will not end well. Police are very well armed and have body armor. Not to even bring up the fact that there is more than one of them. The homeowner is at a losing battle..... well I guess the police is as well.
    And this is why No knock warrants shouldn't be used accept in 100% known extreme cases because they have been abused same as property seizures aka Policing for profit is currently. I stand by my original response when Unwarranted Home Invasions (this is a key statement) happen & innocent people are killed what ever the excuse the murder/s should be prosecuted by Jury Trial. No law abiding citizen should have to worry about being assaulted or worse by the good guys while watching TV or sleeping in their home.
    Freedom Doc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post
    There are more good LEOs than Bad for sure but the bad get away with way too much & even when caught they seem to be able to just move to another dept.
    The situation isn't nearly as clear as there being more good LEOs than bad ones.
    Try tallying them up in two columns and see how soon the count gets fuzzy (no pun intended)
    The really bad LEOs ought to be pretty obvious, such as cops who commit murder for payment by drug dealers.
    But how about cops who just commit murder because they are incompetent or annoyed or tired or scared (as in the NOPD)?
    If we agree that these murderers in blue belong in the Bad LEO column, how about the LEOs who commit perjury to cover up for the murderers?
    Then how about the ones who know about the murder and don't commit perjury but simply keep their mouth shut?
    How about the cop who comes up on a single vehicle traffic accident and finds that the driver is a LEO who had too much to drink, so he gives the "brother officer" a ride home without writing up the accident?
    At what point does simply being a brick in that Blue Wall make someone a bad cop?
    Or perhaps we should be looking at it the other way -- can a "Good Cop" ever turn a blind eye to official misconduct and still claim to be a "Good Cop"?
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Links