Police with guns drawn.

Police with guns drawn.

This is a discussion on Police with guns drawn. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This happened Friday evening. I left work at 5:pm and went directly to my church where I was meeting my wife and members of the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Police with guns drawn.

Police with guns drawn.

This happened Friday evening. I left work at 5:pm and went directly to my church where I was meeting my wife and members of the congregation for a cookout/block party. I didn't go home, and don't usually carry at work. I also was lazy and didn't put my EDC in the gun safe of my truck before I left for work.

The cookout is in full swing and we hear a noise that sounds like a car dragging a muffler coming down the road next to the church. Then we hear police sirens. A newer ford pickup drives past the church parking lot, driving on the drivers side front rim. There is a state police car following him. When the truck gets the the stop sign at the corner right next to the church he stops. The state trooper jumps out of her car and draws her weapon. She orders the driver out of his truck. He complies and she forces him down on the ground in the middle of the street. Backup sheriff deputies arrive and help her handcuff him. About this time a TV repair van pulls in behind the police cars, and a motorcycle with two people on it pull into the church parking lot. The passinger on the motorcycle tells us that the driver of the truck was involved in a hit and run about two miles away. They were witnessess, as was the TV repair van driver apparently.

Another car stops by and the driver tells us that this guy almost ran them off the road too. She tells us where the original accident happened.

Later that night my wife calls the switchboard of the hospital and the girls she works with tell her that there is a guy down in ER making all kinds of fuss and screaming and fighting with police and security. Apparently its standard procedure to take suspects to the hospital to have blood drawn to check for alcohol and drugs. We assumed the guy making all the fuss was the same guy we saw get arrested.

One of the neighbors near the church said the truck looked like one that belonged to a guy that lived a block over that has an arrest record for drug abuse. It sounds like he was trying to make it home to his house after the accident but ended up two blocks shy.

All in all it made for an interesting show. Hopefully no one was injured in the accident.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    This happened Friday evening. I left work at 5:pm and went directly to my church where I was meeting my wife and members of the congregation for a cookout/block party. I didn't go home, and don't usually carry at work. I also was lazy and didn't put my EDC in the gun safe of my truck before I left for work.

The cookout is in full swing and we hear a noise that sounds like a car dragging a muffler coming down the road next to the church. Then we hear police sirens. A newer ford pickup drives past the church parking lot, driving on the drivers side front rim. There is a state police car following him. When the truck gets the the stop sign at the corner right next to the church he stops. The state trooper jumps out of her car and draws her weapon. She orders the driver out of his truck. He complies and she forces him down on the ground in the middle of the street. Backup sheriff deputies arrive and help her handcuff him. About this time a TV repair van pulls in behind the police cars, and a motorcycle with two people on it pull into the church parking lot. The passinger on the motorcycle tells us that the driver of the truck was involved in a hit and run about two miles away. They were witnessess, as was the TV repair van driver apparently.

Another car stops by and the driver tells us that this guy almost ran them off the road too. She tells us where the original accident happened.

Later that night my wife calls the switchboard of the hospital and the girls she works with tell her that there is a guy down in ER making all kinds of fuss and screaming and fighting with police and security. Apparently its standard procedure to take suspects to the hospital to have blood drawn to check for alcohol and drugs. We assumed the guy making all the fuss was the same guy we saw get arrested.
    One of the neighbors near the church said the truck looked like one that belonged to a guy that lived a block over that has an arrest record for drug abuse. It sounds like he was trying to make it home to his house after the accident but ended up two blocks shy.
    All in all it made for an interesting show. Hopefully no one was injured in the accident.

Lots of assumptions and idle gossip here. You must live in a small town. Glad you enjoyed the cops and robbers show.....

You opened your story with a discussion of your ccw. I'm still trying to figure out what this story has to do with where you had your ccw. Were you concerned you'd have to shoot the errant truck driver in front of the cops?
    dev_null, Spade115 and RTTR84 like this.

oooboy...film at 11 and a scene from cops......free entertainment along with the BBQ......

Steve
    Spade115 likes this.
    Tap-Rack-Bang
    that's all you need to remember..

Goes to show how confusing everything can be at first during something like that and you're not sure how it all started.
    Doghandler likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by seapuppy View Post
    oooboy...film at 11 and a scene from cops......free entertainment along with the BBQ......Steve
    It's called "Dinner and a show". Glad they caught the guy before he a) got away b) messed up the Q.
    Spade115 likes this.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by babarock View Post
    It's called "Dinner and a show". Glad they caught the guy before he a) got away b) messed up the Q.
    Well, rednecks may call it that... the hoity toity call it "dinner theatre."

Whichever floats your boat.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

When I read the title I thought of the many times I have had a police officer draw a gun on me for stepping off my motorcycle and my chain wallet whipping a bit or the times I have been ordered out of my truck (no gun drawn) to me stepping off the stepper to a pistol drawn (help low and aiming at me already)

This story makes no sense to me other then a good viewing at a bbq...wheres the question?
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    This happened Friday evening. I left work at 5:pm and went directly to my church where I was meeting my wife and members of the congregation for a cookout/block party.
    how did the food turn out at the cookout?

Now would be a good time to talk to the church leaders about allowing guns in the church by law abiding citizens.
    Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

A T.V. repair man?... Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    A T.V. repair man?... Seriously?
    Yep and he probably had the Maytag Repairman with him
    Spade115 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Sorry Ted, I don't get it...

So he could show off his Roscoe to the church ladies? If it was in the safe, in the truck it may as well have been left home.

The other night on the way home from work I saw an officer on the side of the road with a car pulled over and weapon drawn from cover behind his open door. I didn't hang around and never saw anything on the news or the paper.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Sounds like you are going to have to invite me over for your next BBQ. Most excitement I get is when Uncle Ralph drinks too much and makes an ass of himself. You should consider selling tickets...
    Spade115 likes this.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links