Has anyone on the forum have been the subject of a search warrant? - Page 2

Has anyone on the forum have been the subject of a search warrant?

This is a discussion on Has anyone on the forum have been the subject of a search warrant? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There was a warrant for my arrest for speeding tickets... LEO called me on the phone... said I had 24 hours or they would come ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Has anyone on the forum have been the subject of a search warrant?

There was a warrant for my arrest for speeding tickets... LEO called me on the phone... said I had 24 hours or they would come for me... It was the first of 2 tickets... and I thought the date was yet a month away... I was wrong... And I had to scrounge to get the $$$ but I got it...

Closest I ever came....

Except for when I was arrested....

for curfew violation... That was truly The Night Chicago Died.... well it was dead to me anyway... at like, 14 years old....
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but it was mistaken identity. My brother was stopped by the police and ripped out of his pickup truck, held at GUNPOINT FACE ON THE GROUND while they tore apart his truck. Apparently, there was a robbery in the area and the guy drove away in a "black truck".

They found that he was innocent, but the police behaved like rude jerks anyway. (And my bro isn't the type to mouth off). No apologies, no nothing. He even wound up getting in trouble over a couple of speeding tickets that he previously ignored.

There's a bad day for you.

In grad school, 2 detectives came to my door asking to conduct a search. They assured me they could have a search warrant with just a phone call, and it would go very much worse for me then.

I told them that the search warrant was a good idea, because it protects all of us: me and my right to privacy, and shows they are following the law. They argued with me a bit more; I'd be leaving for jail with them, etc.
    I asked if I could go ahead and call my attorney now, so that he could meet us at the station.
    I turned to the open door, called to my roommate (who wasn't there but back on campus), and said: "Bob, call Peter Jones and let him know that I am under arrest. These men will be back in about 1 hour with a search warrant".

I waited, and the cops left, after telling me "you're not as smart as you think you are".
    Maybe, but they sure didn't search my house.
    Spade115, BigJon10125 and Badey like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Only a body cavity search by two of the girls Swedish swim team. I must say, I gave them what they wanted...

Serious Note: No...
    Swedish Swim team.
    FatGirl_FatFriday_Swimsuit_10Nov06.jpg
    Michael
    revldm and INccwchris like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Swedish Swim team.
    Michael
    One question. How many healthy men went blind when they saw that??

Give me my tiara and prize....those make me look like a beauty queen. Even at my age.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    One question. How many healthy men went blind when they saw that??
    Not quite blind, but maybe a little gay.

VIP Member
    MLM that was just wrong....plain wrong.
    rolyat63 likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Have never been subject of a search warrant, although have served a few.

Home invasions here in Ky are a sporadic occurrence, recall 1 in the past 5-6 years where the perps posed as LEO's.

As far as "will only take a phone call" - always remember it's perfectly legal for cops to lie to you, but not vice versa.

Never had a warrant served - closest was a bunch of cops were looking for a guy that resembled me; offered my license and they went elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Swedish Swim team.
    Michael
    Dude, Your on the list LMAO......
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    HB don't lie you know you saved the pic in that special place on your computer.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    HB don't lie you know you saved the pic in that special place on your computer.
    Ok, Ill admit it. They are the pics you sent to me. Remember that night you were telling me about.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

At the time I was 17 years old and at a friends house who was a known drug dealer. There's a knock on the door and it was obvious it was a cop, looked out the window and seen I was right. I answer the door and he asked if "Bob" was there and I said no (he really wasn't). About an hour later there's the same distinct knock and another friend of mine answered the door.. when the cop immediately shoved him out of the way. The same cop and two others came into the house. By this time, "Bob" was back and the cops know he had his CWP. They immediately asked where the weapon was, took possession of it, cleared and secured it.

They then went on to search the entire house, grabbing every bong they found and dumping the water right out onto the (new) white carpet. After a little over an hour of them searching the house without a warrant, they finally found a bag with white residue in it and around $5,000 cash.

They left with the money and the gun and told him to file a police report claiming his gun was stolen from his vehicle and that if he didn't want a repeat of the incident, to quit selling drugs or they'd be back to take whatever money was found and no charges were ever filed. A few days later, he disappeared.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I was dropping a friend off at a no tell motel one time and I sat a little too long and the cops flipped on their lights and approached us. We got out and closed the doors and like a dumb butt I told them it was OK to search the vehicle thinking it would get me on my way faster..... WRONG..... When they couldn't find anything they brought out the dogs. That dog clawed up my leather interior looking for drugs and there was nothing I could do about it because I gave consent. Never again will I let them do that to me

Moral of the story: never think you are doing the right thing by consenting to a search…no matter what happens it will cost you something anyway
    mr.stuart likes this.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    I was dropping a friend off at a no tell motel one time and I sat a little too long and the cops flipped on their lights and approached us. We got out and closed the doors and like a dumb butt I told them it was OK to search the vehicle thinking it would get me on my way faster..... WRONG..... When they couldn't find anything they brought out the dogs. That dog clawed up my leather interior looking for drugs and there was nothing I could do about it because I gave consent. Never again will I let them do that to me

Moral of the story: never think you are doing the right thing by consenting to a search…no matter what happens it will cost you something anyway
    Don't you also have the right to rescind your permission and stop the search? Unless they already found something of course. I realize that makes it look like they were getting close to something, but you could make the same argument about not letting them search at all.
    Walk softly ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links