Has anyone on the forum have been the subject of a search warrant?

This is a discussion on Has anyone on the forum have been the subject of a search warrant? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tacman605 Has any member of this forum personally ever been the subject of or had a search warrant served on their residence ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Has anyone on the forum have been the subject of a search warrant?

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Has any member of this forum personally ever been the subject of or had a search warrant served on their residence of any type?

Has anyone personally been the victim of a home invasion where the criminals posed as Police Officers serving a warrant or posing as Police Officers?

I am not talking about your third cousins best friend who told you about his nephew I am talking about you personally, on your house not what happened down the street that you read about.
    Tacman.

Expand this to immediate family members and I could name one that's particularly disturbing and would lend credit to remarks I've made in one of the other threads I think you may be referencing.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

2. Remove Ads

I was searched once:

My first renters were having a tough time getting along. I get a call from the wife that her husband is coming over with a tire iron to kill everyone. I call 911 and go over to the house with my shotgun and my .45 (tucked away). Here comes Mr. Grumpy - he pulls quickly into the driveway and gets out of the car fast. I stand between him and the door and tell him he's not going inside (I never had to point the gun at him).

Well, he calms down and wants to talk and then I hear the sirens. Then I realize, "Oh crap! The cops don't know who the BG is!" At the end of that thought I hear "Stop!!! Wetumpka Police!!! Let me see your hands!!!"

I called back, "I have a shotgun officer. What do you want me to do?"

"Put it on the ground and get over here now!!!"

So I lay it gently down, barrel away from everyone. I then try to tell him about my handgun, but he screams at me to get over to him RIGHT NOW!!! I walk over, hands in the air and his partner comes over to me. I immeaditely tell him that I have a pistol on me, which makes Officer Loud-mouth get really mad. I then tell his partner that he never gave me a chance to to speak.

It was OK though. The cop searched me and found the gun and had me keep my hands on the car until the radio check came back. Once they realized I was the property owner and there to protect the family unitl they arrived, they calmed down about me. Mr. Grumpy (the husband) got a ride to jail.

It was a scary experience, but I realized that they LEOs didn't know who was who. The search was not rough and I was never 'man-handled'
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

VIP Member
    I had a few parties in college busted. The cops came in without a warrant. I never looked into it, but I suppose there is warrant exception there - crime in progress (minors drinking and being loud) (LEO's/crim lawyers - am I right?)

I never spouted off about the 4th amendment, as I hadn't a clue about the constitution in undergrad. Probably a good thing I didn't, with a bunch of drunk yahoos and half-full keg cups in plain view.

Being as I'm not a drug user, there was nothing in plain view - except lots of beer. I had to drain the keg and endure an ass chewing for being an inconsiderate neighbor (and yes, college students are often inconsiderate neighbors, so I had it coming).

Looking back on it, I'm impressed at how LEO's can hold their temper while busting parties of drunk college punks. Most 20 year-old students with a stomach full of beer are jack wagons.

Apologies for the topic drift...

P95
    Never been searched...personally...home...car....garage....ba rn.....nothing....

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I had a few parties in college busted. The cops came in without a warrant. I never looked into it, but I suppose there is warrant exception there - crime in progress (minors drinking and being loud) (LEO's/crim lawyers - am I right?)

I never spouted off about the 4th amendment, as I hadn't a clue about the constitution in undergrad. Probably a good thing I didn't, with a bunch of drunk yahoos and half-full keg cups in plain view.
    If they see something illegal happen, they can enter the property. If they see underage drinking they will walk right in if they want.

VIP Member
    Kerberos yes go ahead.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Ny brother-in-law was two days ago. His fiancee is a congressman's sister and they hit the house HARD. 18 windows blown out along with doors pulled off. I don't want to type in anything that will come up in internet searches, so just Google my city and congressman's sister if you're interested. I've been dealing with this since it happened. They were great people but their lives went to hell.

They say the warrant was for drugs and firearms, but the "gang affiliation" they mention was that they were looking for some guy that killed another guy over a game of pool Friday. He may have been there, his friend certainly was.

I housesit for them if I'm free when they're traveling, I used to take my kids by there. It breaks my heart, but they got what was coming. I'm actually bailing him out today and he IS going to a treatment center that we already set up. I've been with the sister and at the house all day yesterday as well. I can still only go in for a few minutes at a time. My face is raw this morning as the gas is still lingering. 5 hours my a$$…!

I'll upload some pictures soon and post a link.

EDIT - I was the victim of an attempted home invasion though they weren't posing as police. It didn't end well for them and they never made it inside.

I'm just so embarrassed and heartbroken right now, and now I'm dead center in the middle of helping get stuff straightened out.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Ny brother-in-law was two days ago. His fiancee is a congressman's sister and they hit the house HARD. 18 windows blown out along with doors pulled off. I don't want to type in anything that will come up in internet searches, so just Google my city and congressman's sister if you're interested. I've been dealing with this since it happened. They were great people but their lives went to hell.

They say the warrant was for drugs and firearms, but the "gang affiliation" they mention was that they were looking for some guy that killed another guy over a game of pool Friday. He may have been there, his friend certainly was.

I housesit for them if I'm free when they're traveling, I used to take my kids by there. It breaks my heart, but they got what was coming. I'm actually bailing him out today and he IS going to a treatment center that we already set up. I've been with the sister and at the house all day yesterday as well. I can still only go in for a few minutes at a time. My face is raw this morning as the gas is still lingering. 5 hours my a$$…!

I'll upload some pictures soon and post a link.

EDIT - I was the victim of an attempted home invasion though they weren't posing as police. It didn't end well for them and they never made it inside.

I'm just so embarrassed and heartbroken right now, and now I'm dead center in the middle of helping get stuff straightened out.
    I did the google search. Thats messed up. It really sucks when you get in the middle of something, that you had no doing in.....It did sound like they executed the warrant correctly.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

I second the correct warrant comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I did the google search. Thats messed up. It really sucks when you get in the middle of something, that you had no doing in.....It did sound like they executed the warrant correctly.
    They did.

They went looking for a gang member wanted in questioning for a murder (or two), a controlled substance and firearms.

They walked out with a gang member, an associate of a gang that had a warrant, methamphetamine, a "brown substance" and a couple firearms.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

VIP Member
    Hang in there Jon.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    They did.

They went looking for a gang member wanted in questioning for a murder (or two), a controlled substance and firearms.

They walked out with a gang member, an associate of a gang that had a warrant, methamphetamine, a "brown substance" and a couple firearms.
    Dang Jon. Prayers for you and the family.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Hang in there Jon--its bad when these kinds of train-wrecks occur and "normal" familymembers are stuck with cleaning up all the mess--both literally and figuratively......
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Kerberos yes go ahead.
    Lots of work today, so I'll be brief; I may expound later if needed for the "rest of the story"...

My little brother was a drug dealer once.

Small time, but getting bigger as his buddies dropped off the scene one by one.

The specific incident really involved no warrant and that's what really got to me.

The wife and I were headed to my Mom's for a small family get together/bbq.

On the way there I passed my little brother who was cuffed and sitting on the shoulder of the road while two local LEO's were going through his car.

I kinda just chuckled to myself as this wasn't an uncommon situation and I figured by the time I got to Mom's house she would be off to bail him out AGAIN.

Instead, he shows up about 20 minutes later EXTREMEMLY ticked-off.

He gets out of the car rambling on (I figured he was either drunk or high, maybe both) about how he got "jacked".

Right, promised brevity.... He didn't even get a ticket and claims they stole all his money and drugs and slashed his seats (that part I know is true).

It was disturbing to me then and now. He had made this same claim before, but I saw it for myself this time (well, not ALL of it).

I'm sure this isn't the norm, but LEO's pulling over drug dealers, taking all their money and drugs, and sending them down the road???
    Last edited by kerberos; July 5th, 2012 at 10:19 AM.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Hang in there Jon--its bad when these kinds of train-wrecks occur and "normal" familymembers are stuck with cleaning up all the mess--both literally and figuratively......
    Been there, done that.

My prayers for you and yours Jon.
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links