Has anyone on the forum have been the subject of a search warrant? - Page 4

Has anyone on the forum have been the subject of a search warrant?

This is a discussion on Has anyone on the forum have been the subject of a search warrant? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Pics. Mike and Sue - a set on Flickr...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Has anyone on the forum have been the subject of a search warrant?

Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    That certainly sucks.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Moved into a Drug dealers place after they just "disappeared" one night according to the landowner. Luckily I hadn't moved in yet and only had a sleeping bag and a change of clothes, other it would have been a big mess

Prayers for you and yours Jon.

Thanks buddy.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Several years ago when I was really young (19 years old) my room mate and I had a search warrant on our apartment.

Long story short. 4 armed guys had broken in. I got the sh*t kicked out of me before I could get to my weapon (I was asleep at the time). My roommate heard the commotion and came out with his weapon. He shot and wounded one, shot and killed another, and two got away on foot.

Needless to say, after the apartment was swarmed with police 15 minutes later...every was taken to the police department for questioning while they did their investigation. During this time, they got a search warrant and searched our apartment.

Anything that was firearms related was taken. This included our guns, ammo, cleaning supplies, empty brass, holsters, gun belts, etc. They any other kinds of weapons like knives, mace, etc.

Still to this day, they have not returned any of it. Court is long over with and these guys are in prison, but the police departmet still says that the case is open and they can't return anything until its closed. The case has been sitting idle for 6 years now.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

* I have had police show up for a warrant to "search your house" , and asked WTH that was about, and they stated... aren't you ... John Smith and this is XXX address.... we have a warrant to search your house. I advised them I was NOT John Smith, and NO ... this was not XXX address..... that street was one block to the east .... They asked me to verify who I was ... and I showed them my badge ( I had at that time).

* A man (fitting my description) ... was driving a black camaro with a stolen license tag, and robbed a bank, and they put it all over the news. The guy's description fit me to the letter. When I went out to get in my car to drive to work.... the license tag was missing and had been stolen, on my black camaro. I drove to work in my black camaro. I then heard the report on the radio as I was driving to work. I was pulled over and an officer asked me why no tag, and I told him that it had been stolen last night, that it was reported to 911 & they told me go ahead and drive and if stopped to advise you of that.
    He told me .... well, you're LUCKY.... because they caught the guy who robbed the bank about 15 minutes ago and he fit your description and was driving a car just like yours camaro.... and if they hadn't , I would have been approaching you quite differently.

* A friend and his brother sitting at a fast food hamburger place.... suddenly he hears a "click " of a gun, and feels the end of the barrel up against the back of his ear .. and "don't move" . Another "officer" had done the same to his brother. They were taken in, and drilled for 5 hrs on where they had been, what they had done, and told "nothing" .... as to why. Then someone came into the room and told them they were free to go. Seems 2 guys, fitting their description and in a car that fit theirs (year, color, make, etc) had raped a woman in a park, beat her / tortured her and then killed her. As they were leaving they saw the two guys being brought in who did it.... and he said the real "fear" was, they looked a LOT like us.

* Traveling with wife and in another county on a major highway, and had a car problem (radiator hose went). Pulled over... so I was on the backside of the car where I could not be seen, when a County Sheriff's officer saw my wife standing there and pulled up. He seemed "shocked" when he saw me and something was just not right in the way he acted. He seemed to really want to leave. He left, and his car didn't seem quite right to me either, although I didn't know that counties cars, etc. So,.... I took the tag number, as it also didn't look like a typical Police Dept tag.

Hwy Patrolman pulled up a few minutes later, and I told him about all of this. He said this didn't sound right, and radioed in to see if any Sheriff Officers had been in that area. There had been NONE in that area. They had more radio discussion and in about 2 minutes 2 additional HWY patrolman were racing by. He told me... there had been some guy impersonating an officer in that county, and been stopping and raping women, and said " I think you just met him as NO officer has been in this area... can you tell me anything else ? " I asked him , "how about the tag number".... he seemed shocked and happy... and told me that "right now, we have sheriff's officers and highway patrolman searching this entire area trying to find the car you described" ..... they took the tag number, identified who's it was, paid them a visit at his home, found the car in the garage...and arrested him. It ended up he was the guy, was id'd by several victims, and was charged with numerous rapes.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Don't you also have the right to rescind your permission and stop the search? Unless they already found something of course. I realize that makes it look like they were getting close to something, but you could make the same argument about not letting them search at all.
    I don't believe you can stop a search once you give permission it is like taking the 5th once you say anything you give up that right. the best thing to do is say no right from the start.... you have the right to remain silent and anything you say CAN AND WILL be used against you.... not for you and that goes for a search too

An attorney will get your stuff back quickly, and you may be awarded court costs in the process.

Your call as to whether it's worth that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Once upon a time (29 years ago now), I had a search warrant served and executed on me for selling penny-ante pot in college. I was up to no good, and deserved it. I was lucky in many ways. One, I knew I was in trouble and was trying to figure out how to get my dumb young butt out of my situation. Police intervention helped. Two, the day the warrant was executed was the one day in 100 that I was actually on the side of the law, so nothing came of it, and I skated. Three, it was a wake-up call, and it made me readjust my sights on life. I view it all in the same perspective as I do my first marriage, my 120 MPH motorcycle wreck, and the day I sold all my Apple stock.

Are you wanting details of the process? They come at 4:30 in the morning, knock real loud and announce who they are, kick in your door, hold you at gunpoint until they clear your house, take you away, then proceed to basically tear your house apart and pile it up in the living room. Everything trashed. Every book was opened and tossed, every cassette case opened and tossed, every article of clothing, every drawer, the entire kitchen, all food containers dumped on the floor, everything on every shelf. Everything hanging on the wall came down, musical instruments taken out of their cases and tossed on the pile with the cases on top of that, all furniture torn apart and upturned. Everything was completely and utterly trashed.

Of course, I'd been ferried away before all this happened, so I didn't discover it until after I'd been released (the DA dropped the charges, but like I said, I was the benefactor of some extremely fine timing, because I was guilty as the day is long).

I'm not sure how this will help OP in his quest for the search warrant boogie man, but let me know if you have any questions about post arrest interrogations. Can you say "Helen Keller"? Colonel Klink would have been proud. For being a dumb kid, I could tell by the questions being asked that they were clueless, I knew that they'd found nothing, and I knew tight lips were the key to extracting myself from what could have been a bad vacation.
    At present, is 'trashing" one's home legal? What if nothing is found?
    Build your own! http://www.ktordnance.com/kto/

Jetico.......BC Wipe

Quote Originally Posted by abillb View Post
    At present, is 'trashing" one's home legal? What if nothing is found?
    Oops, my bad.

Michael

eli
    IMHO I was illegally searched for declaring that I was CCW. It was a good traffic stop I had screwed up and sharply entered a left turn lane late without signaling. I wasn't exactly CCW under state law as the gun wasn't on my person but in the center console of the vehicle I was driving. The vehicle was a van without side windows so I stuck both hands out the drivers window and said "Officer I'm CCW" His reply was "What" I said "Officer I'm CCW the gun is in the center console." He asked me to step out of the van and slammed me up against it handcuffing my hands behind my back. He then called for backup and took me back to stand in front of the cruiser. He asked for my license with my hands cuffed between my back and I told him that it was in the Tommy's Gun Pack I was wearing along with my permit. He attempted to take it off using the right buckle. I explained that was for drawing the gun which wasn't there it is was in the center console and that he could remove the bag by releasing the left buckle. His backup came up code 3 and assumed a covering position. The first officer by then had found both my license and permit and entered his vehicle to run them. The covering officer and I chatted about nothing important. I had been polite and complied with the both officers commands.

The officer returned from running me and slammed me down on the hood from the standing position I was in saying "This ******* has a gun" to the covering officer." I said "Yes I do I've told you about it twice and I have a permit. I don't understand the problem as I've clearly already had the worts on my ass counted. I'm not exactly a gang banger." He replied permits can be revolted and you still can carrying illegally. I said well the state hasn't told me that's the case and you just ran me what do they say? He replied "May I search your vehicle?" By then I'd had more than enough of this clown but simply replied "Please state your probable cause." He repeated himself twice and I replied twice in the exact same manner. He then went to the van returned with the gun emptied it and told the covering officer I've got the f__king gun and checked it's number against my permit (at the time permits were gun dependent.) The van was set up for camping. He returned to the van and tore it completely apart throwing every from under bed in the back and the bedding out on the side walk. I asked the covering officer what this guy's problem was and he just cast his eyes upward to heaven.

The officer then took the gun back to the van and laid it open on the passenger seat. He keep the ammo. He then released the handcuffs and said I'm not going to charge you for an illegal lane change because you told me about the gun like he was doing me some sort of favor. I"m not exactly happy at this point but thanked him. I had long before noted his name and badge number. As soon as I got home I called the station and talked to Internal Affairs. He laughed at me when I said I didn't remember waiving my 4th amendment rights when I applied for a permit. He said I had done so when I declared the gun, they then have the right to "make the gun safe." I asked him what the bed in the rear had to do with that when the gun was laying on the hood of the cruiser empty. He laughed again and said you might have had another one. I asked him to quote me the law that required me to declare the gun or answer if asked. To my knowledge there isn't one and if he really wanted his officers walking up to vehicles without people declaring. He replied that was a good way to get shot if an officer found a gun by surprise.

It certainly didn't surprise me any that five of his officers kicked the crap out of an unarmed diabetic at a traffic stop recently and weren't charged with a damn thing. I stay the hell out of Henderson Nevada these days and moved family that was going to stay there recently to a different hotel.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    One question. How many healthy men went blind when they saw that??

Give me my tiara and prize....those make me look like a beauty queen. Even at my age.
    Anybody got bleach for my eyes???

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links