Has anyone on the forum have been the subject of a search warrant?

This is a discussion on Has anyone on the forum have been the subject of a search warrant? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In going along with another thread currently running I have a couple of simple questions. First I am not talking about how you were stopped ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Has anyone on the forum have been the subject of a search warrant?

VIP Member

In going along with another thread currently running I have a couple of simple questions.

First I am not talking about how you were stopped for OC'ing or disarmed while on a traffic stop just the two specific questions.

We have thousands of members on this forum from a lot of places so this should give a good idea of an "Across the board question". Many are stating that there are hundreds of warrants served on the wrong address and citizens are being "Beaten and murdered" at random or to that effect so there must be several members who should have input into the questions. I just wanted to see if anyone had any direct information to pass on.

Has any member of this forum personally ever been the subject of or had a search warrant served on their residence of any type?

Has anyone personally been the victim of a home invasion where the criminals posed as Police Officers serving a warrant or posing as Police Officers?

I am not talking about your third cousins best friend who told you about his nephew I am talking about you personally, on your house not what happened down the street that you read about. If you have and want to give details then great if not a simple answer would be fine.

Mods if this is not the right forum please feel free to move it.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Only a body cavity search by two of the girls Swedish swim team. I must say, I gave them what they wanted...

Serious Note: No...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Only a body cavity search by two of the girls Swedish swim team. I must say, I gave them what they wanted...

Serious Note: No...
    We heard you were easy!
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

sgb
    I've executed a few search warrants.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Usually when somebody makes such a claim of this happening to somebody they know, and you ask for a cite, you never hear from the person at all. That's because they have no cite because the supposed event never happened.

So good luck on this quest...
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    In going along with another thread currently running I have a couple of simple questions.

First I am not talking about how you were stopped for OC'ing or disarmed while on a traffic stop just the two specific questions.

We have thousands of members on this forum from a lot of places so this should give a good idea of an "Across the board question". Many are stating that there are hundreds of warrants served on the wrong address and citizens are being "Beaten and murdered" at random or to that effect so there must be several members who should have input into the questions. I just wanted to see if anyone had any direct information to pass on.

Has any member of this forum personally ever been the subject of or had a search warrant served on their residence of any type?

Has anyone personally been the victim of a home invasion where the criminals posed as Police Officers serving a warrant or posing as Police Officers?

I am not talking about your third cousins best friend who told you about his nephew I am talking about you personally, on your house not what happened down the street that you read about. If you have and want to give details then great if not a simple answer would be fine.

Mods if this is not the right forum please feel free to move it.
    The members of this forum make up around .02% of the population of this nation, so we are in no way, shape, or form, a good indicator of anything "across the board". If you take the figure from the members who are still active, the percentage is much lower...
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Once upon a time (29 years ago now), I had a search warrant served and executed on me for selling penny-ante pot in college. I was up to no good, and deserved it. I was lucky in many ways. One, I knew I was in trouble and was trying to figure out how to get my dumb young butt out of my situation. Police intervention helped. Two, the day the warrant was executed was the one day in 100 that I was actually on the side of the law, so nothing came of it, and I skated. Three, it was a wake-up call, and it made me readjust my sights on life. I view it all in the same perspective as I do my first marriage, my 120 MPH motorcycle wreck, and the day I sold all my Apple stock.

Are you wanting details of the process? They come at 4:30 in the morning, knock real loud and announce who they are, kick in your door, hold you at gunpoint until they clear your house, take you away, then proceed to basically tear your house apart and pile it up in the living room. Everything trashed. Every book was opened and tossed, every cassette case opened and tossed, every article of clothing, every drawer, the entire kitchen, all food containers dumped on the floor, everything on every shelf. Everything hanging on the wall came down, musical instruments taken out of their cases and tossed on the pile with the cases on top of that, all furniture torn apart and upturned. Everything was completely and utterly trashed.

Of course, I'd been ferried away before all this happened, so I didn't discover it until after I'd been released (the DA dropped the charges, but like I said, I was the benefactor of some extremely fine timing, because I was guilty as the day is long).

I'm not sure how this will help OP in his quest for the search warrant boogie man, but let me know if you have any questions about post arrest interrogations. Can you say "Helen Keller"? Colonel Klink would have been proud. For being a dumb kid, I could tell by the questions being asked that they were clueless, I knew that they'd found nothing, and I knew tight lips were the key to extracting myself from what could have been a bad vacation.

VIP Member
    Badey not talking about the population of the US talking about members of this board who are from many locations, age groups, social and economic classes. Just as you said though they represent a small portion of the population then when you use only active members the numbers get lower.
    Strange when I applied the same logic in reference to the number of warrants served vs no knock vs wrong address and so on I was told that had no merit, but whatever it will still be an interesting topic.

Yankee thanks for posting. If it taught you something that is all that mattered. If you dont mind me asking though what year was this?

SGB me and you both.

Chad you hit the nail on the head.

HB you wish that happened.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

To date, no.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Back in college (25 yrs ago), I worked as a cook at a beer and wings joint. I lived about 1 mile from where I worked and I used to walk or ride my bike to and from work. One night about 1 or 2 in the morning I was walking home, when 2 police cars rolled up on me with their lights on. Needless to say, I was concerned. Turned out, someone vandelized a local shop and they were looking for a person that looked like me. With hands on their guns, I was asked to lay down on the ground etc.. I complied without question. Once they secured me and the area, (now up to 4 cars), they started asking me the standard questions to find out what I was doing walking around at 2 in the morning. After about 30 minutes or so of answering all their questioins, they sent me on my way. Don't know if they ever caought the guy.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    No, but the FBI use to come looking for my dad when he was working in the civil rights movement.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

HB you wish that happened.
    Its my story and I sticking to it.....
    Badey likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

tacman,

First I will answer your question, no, never had any search warrant served on me or ever came close to having one done on me or anyone I know.

Second, I will agree that this isn't a good sampling of the public, except for being a broad range of places where we come from. But we aren't a good sample because CHL holders generally have a much much lower criminal history, or willingness to engage in what might be construed as criminal behavior currently.

That being said. If it is the premise of some that it doesn't matter who you are, where you live, or whatever, you can very easily be the victim of a no knock warrant, or other type of warrant for that matter, due to failure of the departments to perform due diligence before acting on the warrant, our being upstanding citizens really doesn't matter much.

I doubt however the responses from this thread will show that to be true. I think it will be shown that there is very close to zero probability that we are or have been the victim of these types of events, for many reasons including by not limited to our lower than average criminal activity and our desire to keep ourselves and loved ones safe by not placing ourselves in situations or areas that would be subject to criminal activity.

Will be interesting to see the comments.

The absolute closest I have been to anything like this was barracks inspection while in the Army, and the FBI seizing files of a client that had commited bank fraud. No I was not part of it.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Beltway sniper investigation. Two Secret Service agents on the task force paid my wife a visit while I was not home. They did not have a warrant in hand but did the good cop bad cop routine and said all it would take was a phone call. She called me, I told her where the rifle was, she told them and they went and grabbed it.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

My neighbors and I tend to keep a low profile. We pay our bills, maintain our homes, and obey the laws. My neighborhood is still one of the safer ones.

The couple that moved in two doors down across the street though, now they were a shady couple. I don't think they did anything wrong, but had they been arrested prior to being evicted I would not have been surprised.

Because of where I live, I am more likely to be a victim of a home invasion, instead of the wrong address of a no-knock warrant. Once my neighbors start to change, that may change too.

Honestly, the most dangerous place near me is the gas station a 1/4 mile down the road. It's been robbed a few times while I've owned my house.

Edit: I've owned my home for just over eight years now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links