to her i seem strange

This is a discussion on to her i seem strange within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife is not aware of my security posture most of the time. I work hard to keep it that way....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: to her i seem strange

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    My wife is not aware of my security posture most of the time. I work hard to keep it that way.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

2. Remove Ads

Snake, you are not paranoid, the rest of the world is living in delusion. You may very well be one of the most sane people in California.

Lead Moderator
    You need to try and find a girl who will watch your 6. Sure makes doing anything much easier.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    Snake...you should see me with some of my dates....
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Hotguns wrote:
    snake.... if it'll make you feel better I dont think that you are strange...
    but that syle of run on sentenances you use with no capitalization makes your posts strange to read...
    Spectre wrote:
    Snake, your threads are usually interesting, but could you please take a little extra time for paragraphs, punctuation, and capitalization? It would just make it so much easier to read.
    ssssthesnake wrote:
    sorry if it seems hard to read as im not much of a writer more a welder lol
    PRICELESS!!

Edit:
    It's a pleasure to read your posts, snake. You just have to take your time.
    Last edited by 40FIVER; September 15th, 2006 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Added compliment.
    Charlie - 40FIVER

Why I carry:
    "The heart is deceitul above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

Quote Originally Posted by ssssthesnake View Post
    ... and picked her up at the door where she was upset at me for some ungodly reason.
    You care about her safety. You care about yours. You're cautious enough about the realities of the world. You saw four apparently-drunk young men that could easily have gone "postal" on you and compromised your security, with zero warning. She needs a relality check, lest she compromises it at some point. I'd pick a relaxed time where she's ready to talk about something important to you ... a matter of life and death, in reality. If she's worth it, I'd like to think she would give you a fair hearing about your concerns about safety. It has nothing to do with firearms, as such. It has to do with going through life with eyes wide open. It's about responsibilities for those we love. Show her your conviction and rationale. If she's the wrong one for you, you'll know at the end of the exchange. Better now than later, guy, as this sort of waffling if SHTF can harm you both.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Snake,
    That is a good scenario. A great many of us have become "fat, dumb, and happy". Your scenario reminded me to be more alert. I was like that when I was younger. Time to wake up!

Thanks

Tim

VIP Member
    I just had a thought. If we ever do a CombatCarry.com meet somewhere in a restaurant or convention hall, there is gonna be a whole bunch of people sitting down facing the door, another whole bunch standing up behind the first bunch also facing the door and a whole lot of empty chairs facing the inside.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Snake
    I also do not think you are being paranoid. I always try to get a seat with my back to the wall, facing the door. I haven't gotten to the point where I will wait for the prime seats yet though. I just pick the best seat in the area that I am given a choice for.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the Congress is in session."
    Mark Twain
    S&W M&P 40

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    I just had a thought. If we ever do a CombatCarry.com meet somewhere in a restaurant or convention hall, there is gonna be a whole bunch of people sitting down facing the door, another whole bunch standing up behind the first bunch also facing the door and a whole lot of empty chairs facing the inside.
    Yeah, I could just see trying to explain that we need two hundred chairs, back to wall and facing the door!

Seriously though, I've been married 25 years now and my wife is used to this sort of thing. She still forgets alot, MS will do that to you, but smiles understandingly when I say "Nope, not there Babe. Sit over here". With time she came to value my concerns for our safety. Give it time and a few questionable stuations that you show you've helped her avoid and she might just open her eyes.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I guess I am lucky. My wife works at the PD too. She has always been cool with the tactical seating. Our arguement is always about where are we going to eat

Replace her with someone who appriciates a true gentleman!!!

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    I count myself as lucky, my wife has grown quite accustomed to being married to a sheepdog!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

ElCruiser...

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    Yeah, I could just see trying to explain that we need two hundred chairs, back to wall and facing the door!

Seriously though, I've been married 25 years now and my wife is used to this sort of thing. She still forgets alot, MS will do that to you, but smiles understandingly when I say "Nope, not there Babe. Sit over here". With time she came to value my concerns for our safety. Give it time and a few questionable stuations that you show you've helped her avoid and she might just open her eyes.
    I was just thinking about this. Sooner or later, I hope that the Central Florida 'gang' could get together for a lunch somewhere...I was ALSO wondering how we could get 20 seats ALL facing the doorway.
    Well, we would/should feel comfortable with the weaponry at such a lunch get-together!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

tell her to seek help for her inadequacy issues.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links