May have been "interviewed" tonight?? - Page 3

May have been "interviewed" tonight??

This is a discussion on May have been "interviewed" tonight?? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ericb327 If the drunk is in front of you, you could keep your eyes on him and react accordingly. If he's behind ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: May have been "interviewed" tonight??

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    If the drunk is in front of you, you could keep your eyes on him and react accordingly. If he's behind you and you have to stop or get caught in traffic, you have rely on him to react and use his impaired judgement.
    I guess I was only thinking about highway/Interstate travel, in which case I would want the drunk driver behind me.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by gruntingfrog View Post
    Of course, not being there I have to go by your description as written. I think you may be over-thinking and looking for threats where there are none. Body posture and facial expressions mean a lot more than proximity when assessing a threat.

It's important to be aware but paranoia can severely hamper your quality of life. What good is surviving if you're constantly looking at everyone who walks faster than you and wants to bum a smoke as a threat. I recommend you read "The Gift of Fear" (and ignore the author's distaste for firearms). It can really help you put your mind at ease and help you tell the difference between a real threat and wild imaginings.
    yeah, I get where you are coming from, and I normally don't run around paranoid about everyone walking down the street. I just noticed that he was coming up behind me rather quickly and thought he may have been interviewing me. He most likely was just looking to bum a cigarette off me and had no ill intent. Although I do find it a little unusual that he was asking for one when he walked right into the grocery store we were heading towards and there was a convenience store even closer to where he started walking from. Unless he was flat broke, he certainly could have procured his nicotine fix there.
    Thanks for all the comments everyone! You guys rock!!
    "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack" - Master Yoda

Member of NRA, GOA, SAF, NAGR, CCDL

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Flatulence as a CCW / OC spray deterant..
    I'm pretty sure flatulence or eructation in self defense is illegal in MA and a few other states.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    I'm pretty sure flatulence or eructation in self defense is illegal in MA and a few other states.
    Illegal in IL no doubt.
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links