May have been "interviewed" tonight??

This is a discussion on May have been "interviewed" tonight?? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I was walking down the the grocery store to pick up a couple of things for dinner at around 7:15 tonight so it was ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: May have been "interviewed" tonight??

May have been "interviewed" tonight??

So I was walking down the the grocery store to pick up a couple of things for dinner at around 7:15 tonight so it was still rather light outside. I had Whittemore (my fs m&p 9mm) IWB strong side and was trying my best to be situationally aware. I noticed that at one point a male about my age in basketball shorts and a t-shirt started walking behind me a ways back, I turned my head to look, making sure he knew I knew he was there. I noticed that he was walking a bit faster than I was so I really paid attention to how close he was, turning my head often. I gave him wide berth when he was getting closer and when he was about two or three feet behind me I turned and he said "Hi" I replied "Hello" once he was slightly ahead of me when he turned to ask if I had a cigarette, since I don't smoke I firmly, but politely said "No". He continued on walking and went into the same grocery store I was going to. I kept an eye out for him while shopping and on my walk home. I did not see him again. Got home and cooked up my surf and turf dinner. Any thoughts on my actions? What should I have done differently?
    "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack" - Master Yoda

Member of NRA, GOA, SAF, NAGR, CCDL

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Maybe changed direction or cross the street. You want guys like that in front of you rather than behind. Somewhat like drunk drivers.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Didn't do to bad in my opinion. I usually stop and let them pass, then continue. If it seems strange, eh, so what? It keeps me safe.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 97tbird View Post
    What should I have done differently?
    Made burgers....

Other than that, I'd say you did fine.
    97tbird and Bigdawgderek like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

It was marinated sirloin tips and some grilled shrimp! Thanks for the input all!
    "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack" - Master Yoda

Member of NRA, GOA, SAF, NAGR, CCDL

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 97tbird View Post
    It was marinated sirloin tips and some grilled shrimp! Thanks for the input all!
    Ceviche here!
    tundra likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Sounds like all went fine to me.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

blew his knee caps off and stole his walllet
    atctimmy, WHEC724 and danfive555 like this.

P95
    No confrontation.....what else could you ask for?

Ha, ha,.... if someone is behind me, I use the excuse to turn, stop & light a cigarette .... to let them pass. LOL

Sounds like someone who is quitting and was having an urge.

But , what you did ... was what you should do if in doubt at all. Good to be sure and to be safe.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    blew his knee caps off and stole his walllet
    And frisk him for smokes.
    atctimmy and smolck like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Turn around like you forgot something somewhere.
    DoctorBob likes this.

Watch his hands like a hawk
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Him..."You have a cigarette?"

You..."No, but thanks for asking!"
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I agree, it sounds like you did pretty well. At most, if you are really looking for an alternative way to handle the situation, I think turning around and patting a front pocket and acting like you forgot something is what I might have done.
    Keep Calm and Carry One.
    Theis Holster - Joab Mag Pouch
    M&P9 Shield
    FNX-9

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links