Strange day. Paranoia??

This is a discussion on Strange day. Paranoia?? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If I had a dime for every time I've been attacked by a perp in a pencil skirt I would be a rich m..... wait.... ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Strange day. Paranoia??

If I had a dime for every time I've been attacked by a perp in a pencil skirt I would be a rich m..... wait.... I wouldn't.
    bentol888 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

No offense but yes I'd say paranoia imho. Relax you don't need to misread , over react and end up with a criminal charge. I'd go as far to recommend not carrying until you can think clearly. Sorry it sounds critical, just giving an honest opinion..
    RIP Jeff Cooper

decaf ...

sent from my sending device
    bentol888 likes this.

I think somebody is having a little fun. This one can't be real.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

P95
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Do you always get this nervous around women? Just kidding.

Women can be very tricky to read. "Good morning" is usually an indication that they're up to no good. Watch out for those fast walkers that appear to be late...it's a cover-up for something much more sinister especially carrying a mans messenger bag. My only advice would be next time pull out your cell phone and say, in a commanding voice..."Good morning Mr. President we got the garage area under full surveillance as of right now". That should spoil her devious plan.
    I disagree on the good morning....I would think it is an indication the the woman was just a paranoid as he was. It was a way for her to "read" his temperament....IMO.

You should really consider switching to decaf.
    bentol888 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    When i got home that evening, I went straight to the garage and practiced my draw and SHOUT techniques as well as my roll and aim drills and made myself a promise that I would never ever be caught off-guard again.
    I'm not a believer.

I also want to give a shout out to the secret squirrel avatar pic. Nice!
    Last edited by atctimmy; June 30th, 2012 at 12:12 AM.
    Bigdawgderek likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I read the OP twice and started thinking. Maybe overly paranoid and then this thought came to mind. And I'd like to read other readers' thought about it. Who among us would notice an unfamiliar car near our own, with tinted windows, in a deserted parking garage and decide to carry on as usual? I think the least I would've done is move my car to a different level of the garage. More likely, I would've driven out of the garage and headed to a coffee/breakfast spot and returned later. Wouldn't have even waited for the driver to exit. Here's the thing. What if instead of some well dressed woman climbing out of the driver's seat, three knuckleheads climbed out? Assuming the story is true, I give the poster an A+ for situational awareness and an F for his response to the situation.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; June 29th, 2012 at 12:50 PM.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Later that day, as a young couple sits down for dinner...

"How'd it go honey?"

"Yea, so I found the head of the Accounting department for that company that was hiring, the jerk just completely blew me off in the garage. I was about to hand him my resume until he this look on his face like he was about to shoot me. At this rate, those student loans will never be paid off."
    bentol888 likes this.

Read fewer Dashiell Hammett books.
    bentol888 likes this.

VIP Member
    This morning while retrieving the garbage can from the curb, I heard a rustle in the back yard bushes. There was no breeze, yet the bushes seemed to come to life on their own. Something just wasn't right. I tactically sidestepped toward the fence gate with the stealth of a cat. With the precision of a Swiss watch-maker, I used my tactical pen to ease up the latch, and finesse the gate open. The hairs on the back of my hand stood up, as hours of training from my CCW class were about to come into play. I nimbly 'sliced the pie' as I rounded the gate, and then I drew... my CC badge, and with my authority voice, commanded "STOP! DON'T!". There stood the perp, so terrified that he was peeing on the ground. Just giving me a blank, belligerent stare, daring me to do something. The perp looked remarkably like my dog, but I know better. Just then, my wife screamed "Don't shoot the dog, you moron!", giving just enough distraction to me for the perp to evade the scene.

It's tough working around civilians. Stay trained. Stay sharp.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P95 View Post
    I disagree on the good morning....I would think it is an indication the the woman was just a paranoid as he was. It was a way for her to "read" his temperament....IMO.
    I'm almost certain that Sigs entire post was sarcasm.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

MJK

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Women can be very tricky to read. "Good morning" is usually an indication that they're up to no good...
    Ha!
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

I've been in situations that were not dangerous in any way but if anyone's motive around me was unpure it could have been dangerous. With that said....

I would have acted like I left something in my car to get her off my 6 O'clock rather than grabbing my cell phone.

and I would have struck up a conversation... "I've never seen you here before..." or "Usually i'm the first one here"

Having managed a banking center, engaging a criminal in conversation and making good strong eye contact will always throw off BG's.

With that said, replay this from her perspective, you probably seemed more suspicious to her that she did to you. Not saying Tight skirts and heels would never commit a crime, but a bit more unlikely. :) always stay alert.

IMHO you over reacted,just because you now have a gun doesn't mean everybody is a threat.
    tundra likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links