Strange day. Paranoia?? - Page 3

Strange day. Paranoia??

This is a discussion on Strange day. Paranoia?? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is how some people stay single....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Strange day. Paranoia??

This is how some people stay single.
    Azchief and danwdooley like this.

You mean, this isnt the Gecko45 thread????
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Started to sound like a scene from that movie with Gene Wilder and Kelly LeBrock, but then it just got weird.

I'm still trying to figure out what made you decide this woman was a shady character. Was it the two door sedan or the fact that the car was RED, OMG, all bad guys must drive red cars! Thats why the police use blue or black and white, so they can tell the cops apart from the bad guys!

I think you may be over thinking this. Lots of people start work before 9 AM. Some of them even drive red two doors, and some might even wear dresses and high heels. I bet some even carry briefcase/courier bags of work they took home since they are overloaded and having to start before 9 AM.

It's good to have situational awareness, but don't let it make you afraid to leave your house.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    This morning while retrieving the garbage can from the curb, I heard a rustle in the back yard bushes. There was no breeze, yet the bushes seemed to come to life on their own. Something just wasn't right. I tactically sidestepped toward the fence gate with the stealth of a cat. With the precision of a Swiss watch-maker, I used my tactical pen to ease up the latch, and finesse the gate open. The hairs on the back of my hand stood up, as hours of training from my CCW class were about to come into play. I nimbly 'sliced the pie' as I rounded the gate, and then I drew... my CC badge, and with my authority voice, commanded "STOP! DON'T!". There stood the perp, so terrified that he was peeing on the ground. Just giving me a blank, belligerent stare, daring me to do something. The perp looked remarkably like my dog, but I know better. Just then, my wife screamed "Don't shoot the dog, you moron!", giving just enough distraction to me for the perp to evade the scene.

It's tough working around civilians. Stay trained. Stay sharp.

Good one WHEC724!

So, a car chose to park is an area that you chose to park, which may be where she usually parks, just a different car? She was carrying a messenger bag in a dress and high heels? She said Good Morning with a smile? Then, she had the audacity to walk towards the same entrance as you? Good Lord, I would have smoked her just for parking near me, let alone for having the nerve to say hello, looking confused when I put up a defense and, the very worst part, walking to the very same entrance of the office building you chose to use… What are things coming to in this world when women start acting this way.

Get yourself to a defensive mindset class ASAP. This is the crap that got Zimmerman in trouble, in a roundabout way. Not everyone is a badguy just because we now have an additional tool to defend ourselves.

"Yes, Detective"?? This woman had to think you were insane. I bet she's on some forum right now posting about the weird dude she sad hello to that was afraid of her and even pretended to talk to a cop. This IS paranoia, at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    I think somebody is having a little fun. This one can't be real.
    I hope to God this is the case!

If not, here's the way I see it… The OP had a choice, and what should have ended with him high-fiving some buddies, ended with him running away from a woman. My God man, you could have at least got an ego boost for the day instead of the reverse!
    and not trying to be a jerk, but I'm actually embarrassed for you right now…. or laughing with you right now, I'm not sure!
    Last edited by jonconsiglio; June 29th, 2012 at 06:29 PM.
    First Sgt likes this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

I'm thinking you probably scared the hell out of a nice lady. And that "Yes Detective" part was really, uh, obvious. How about if you got out of your car and briskly walked into the building? You might want to take a break from the "I'm in a war zone" mentality, maybe go a spa or something (without your gun).

The funniest part of this thread is the posters who think the OP is serious.
    eeeZnow, thephanatik and niks like this.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    I wasn't sure, I'm back and forth on this one. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes that it's a joke!
    atctimmy likes this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    I think somebody is having a little fun. This one can't be real.
    Bingo! Jeez you guys... It was just a joke. Just trying to break the monotony of the usual paranoid scenarios.

Problem is, after I wrote it last night, I totally forgot about it until now
    eeeZnow and kerberos like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post

But.........but...........you are an accountant in DFW..........right? Are you all like that????????

Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    No offense but yes I'd say paranoia imho. Relax you don't need to misread , over react and end up with a criminal charge. I'd go as far to recommend not carrying until you can think clearly. Sorry it sounds critical, just giving an honest opinion..
    I'm sorry and if it wasn't for me pulling everybody's leg, I would totally agree with you. It was written as a mockery of some of the scenarios I've read on this forum that have me thinking just like you about how people react. My mistake was not letting everybody in on the joke sooner than now.

Cheers
    danwdooley likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bentol888 View Post
    Bingo! Jeez you guys... It was just a joke. Just trying to break the monotony of the usual paranoid scenarios.

Problem is, after I wrote it last night, I totally forgot about it until now
    I can't believe I fell for it. Shows how often real stuff like that is posted...

RKM
    With the way some people post on the internet about their "experiences", I wouldn't have been even the slightest bit surprised if this was real.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links