Strange day. Paranoia??

This is a discussion on Strange day. Paranoia?? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by RKM With the way some people post on the internet about their "experiences", I wouldn't have been even the slightest bit surprised ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Strange day. Paranoia??

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    With the way some people post on the internet about their "experiences", I wouldn't have been even the slightest bit surprised if this was real.
    It was the roll and aim drills that convinced me it wasn't real. I thought it was just a regular goober until then.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    It was the roll and aim drills that convinced me it wasn't real. I thought it was just a regular goober until then.
    I tend to agree with you atctimmy. If it was real, however, it is a bit scary that this guy is living his life an inch away from thinking everything around him is out to get him---and doing this with a firearm in his possession. I understand SA but I live my life to enjoy my life and not to be looking at every log to see what is under it.

Some of these responses are making me wonder if I'm spending too much time here.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    With the way some people post on the internet about their "experiences", I wouldn't have been even the slightest bit surprised if this was real.
    That was the whole point. I'm sure some of you remember experiences on here that had you shaking your head and laughing out loud until you realized that these people are actually OUT THERE CARRYING A PISTOL!! Not going to point them out but we have all read them on this forum.

To clarify, Im not at all paranoid, don't find women in skirts threatening (quite the opposite), never stare people down while touching the butt of my gun Eastwood style, and for the love of God DO NOT practice roll and aim drills. Hell, Im not even an accountant!

Once again, I apologize if some of you thought it was a real post and not a funny one at that....

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    Good satire. And this is pretty much what I think whenever I read about somebody holding up their hand and yelling, "stop!" in their so-called "command voice," as if they have the ability to order other citizens around.
    jonconsiglio likes this.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bentol888 View Post
    Bingo! Jeez you guys... It was just a joke. Just trying to break the monotony of the usual paranoid scenarios.

Problem is, after I wrote it last night, I totally forgot about it until now
    I figured as much, given the avatar, which I do like, by the way.

I need to tell the detective, hang on while I call him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IAm_Not_Lost likes this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I thought it was really Nutnfancy of The Nutnfancy Project relating to us his latest adventure for life. I was all excited about hearing him talk about it on Youtube for 55 minutes.

But I guess a fellow DC'er playing a prank on us is ok too!
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Im not even an accountant!
    THAT is disappointing.
    bentol888 likes this.

Man, I wish I could edit my posts!!
    atctimmy and Rock and Glock like this.
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Me too, Jon.........I've been considering making this whole thread disappear........... *poof*
    jonconsiglio and guardmt like this.

Guy, every bit of that story, if true as told, strikes me as paranoia. Sorry but I calls them as I sees them.

I'm not suggesting you drop your SA level but I am suggesting you lighten up a little before you give yourself a heart attack.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Well you never know about some people. So actually, it's kind of nice to see that there were some replies from people here that are actually concerned and willing to give an honest evaluation on their actions. There may be a day when someone gets on here and though their situation doesn't sound all that realistic, it may be exactly what happened as they saw it and what they may have felt. I don't know why I'm going on here but I'll just say that it's nice to see that there were those out here that gave their thoughts in the name of helping someone that they thought may have needed it.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I'm soooooooooooooo sad .... I wasted five..yes FIVE "likes" before I got to the truth... Now THAT is sad!!! Jon Consiglio...just ignore my "likes" ....
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by jonconsiglio View Post
    Man, I wish I could edit my posts!!
    Since this became a can of worms.........Me too!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links