Verbal skills - Page 5

Verbal skills

This is a discussion on Verbal skills within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by lordofwyr Did exactly the same thing and had the same response from a woman. I just decided to ignore it too. Uhm, ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Verbal skills

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    Did exactly the same thing and had the same response from a woman. I just decided to ignore it too.

Uhm, the cart returns are for the courtesy and convenience of the store employees speeding up their gathering of carts, and I do appreciate it. However, they seem to be randomly placed and make no sense in some cases. As soon as Walmart and other stores star placing motorcycle spaces up front, I will worry about that more, because I was a cart pusher at Target in Houston in the 70's, and we had no cart return slots,

Oh, and I got a great laugh the other day when in the slot reserved for "Green Vehicles" there was a green Hummer 2 parked there. Now THAT took some brass ones !
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    Well, we save gas, so if you put "Green Vehicle" parking up there, it only makes sense. Also, up front usually means fewer people will feel anonymous when wanting to screw around with your property.

You probably haven't had the joy of people messing with your bike because "you took up an entire parking space!!!" Uhm, yes, it is an entire vehicle! Try coming back out to find your mirrors twisted, trash dumped on the bike or coke poured over it, or the bike moved or knocked over because "You took up an ENTIRE SPACE!" There is a reason some bikers will punch a person out for even laying a finger on their bike.

So, if a company wants to reward green drivers with preferential spaces, reward the bikers with some marked spaces also.
    So it is OK too leave a cart anyplace you please so they can roll into cars, but you deserve a parking spot upfront so nobody does any damage to your ride?
    Does that about cover it?

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis50 View Post
    Well, some interesting responses. I guess I should've put the cart back!

I still don't see the need for a person to use loud, foul language in public when addressing another person. Oh well, life goes on. I've prayed for myself and that man. Peace
    This is a good reply and I salute Luis50 for his comments.

You did Ok .

It would not have been out of line to tell him to eat S

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    You did Ok .

It would not have been out of line to tell him to eat S
    And that way you can double the number of obnoxious people in that encounter.

Are any of you like me in that your reactions to verbal abuse changes depending on whether or not you are armed? Myself I am willing to accept verbal abuse when I am armed. I was far more likely to react with snide comments before I started carrying a weapon. When I am armed this is always in my mind when being challenged verbally. 'Is this worth someone dying over'.

Michael

P95
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    First, I don't like Walmart. They are always understaffed, and you can never find a clerk. Second, you should have put the cart up. That is just being a good person. Third, you handled the situation perfectly. Fourth, Walmart just sucks. I don't go there. I salute your restraint, you are a much better man than the one who chastised you.
    So you made it clear that you hate wally world. Does that mean you refuse "all" products and gifts purchased there? Just trying to get my head around this "hating" wally world thing.

Quote Originally Posted by P95 View Post
    So you made it clear that you hate wally world. Does that mean you refuse "all" products and gifts purchased there? Just trying to get my head around this "hating" wally world thing.

Refusing a gift would be very rude and has nothing to do with the store from which it was purchased. That is a loaded question that has nothing to do with the oldnfat's dislike of wally world. If someone thought enough of you to buy you a gift, you should not refuse it. Any semi-mature adult knows this. The staggering number of crimes committed at those stores is enough reason to not shop there. There are plenty of other reasons, including but not limited to treatment of employees and the simple fact that they claim to be the "lowest price" when they typically are not, that prevent me from giving them ANY of my money. Though this question was not directed at me, I felt the need to answer it as I feel the same way. I will also say that that was a sad way to try to bait oldnfat into answering so you could prove some type of weak point that has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's question. His answer about not shopping at wally world, however, would have prevented this specific incident and was relevant.

Oldnfat, I apologize if I have spoken for you and you do not agree with my statements, but I posted my dislike of wally world and felt necessary to comment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links