Are you defending your property or your life?

This is a discussion on Are you defending your property or your life? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ericb327 It's not just your property you're defending! Sure, property can be replaced. But what about DIGNITY? Like I've said before, I ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Are you defending your property or your life?

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    It's not just your property you're defending! Sure, property can be replaced. But what about DIGNITY?
    Like I've said before, I know laws are different. But one little phrase should stick in your head and give one something to think about in a "deadly force go or no go." The one that sticks in my head is "In The Gravest Extreme." Personally not only do I think that it is a great title for an Ayoob book, but also a great phrase that I hope would echo in my mind should I be in an encounter. Property and dignity have nothing to do with a grave extreme. That's just my personal thought.

On another note, don't steal as there are laws out there made to where some will shoot you and there's nothing wrong with that either. To each his own I guess. We all have our own thresholds.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

2. Remove Ads

In Texas all the laws involing concealed carry and defence is on our department of public safety web site, and I suspect it's on a similar sight for your state. In Texas most of our CHL course was on legalities. It is your responsibility to follow the law so the law must be a available to you.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Robbery is not a crime against property. It's a crime against the person. That's how I look at it.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    Robbery is not a crime against property. It's a crime against the person. That's how I look at it.
    Hmm.. I wonder why theft is considered a "property crime" then..... Someone can steal your stuff without you being involved..... You maybe feel "wronged" for having your stuff stolen.

Sent from this... Using that...

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Hmm.. I wonder why theft is considered a "property crime" then..... Someone can steal your stuff without you being involved..... You maybe feel "wronged" for having your stuff stolen.

Sent from this... Using that...
    Robbery is taking property from a person, or in his presence, using violence or intimidation. It is a violent crime by its very nature.

I hate it when I read news articles or watch TV and see the word robbery used when the crime that was actually committed was burglary.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

"In my opinion, anyone who is willing to take my property from me at knife or gun point, is also willing to do me grave bodily harm or kill me."

" The greatest problem with letting him have your property, there would have to be some level of threat for that to happen..."

Lawbreakers need to be made to fear retribution, whether they act out their lawlessness or only contemplate it. If retribution is not by the broken justice system then by the righteous law-abiding citizen. We'll have just as much crime as we're collectively willing to tolerate.
    MNgunner and ccw9mm like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    Robbery is taking property from a person, or in his presence, using violence or intimidation. It is a violent crime by its very nature.

I hate it when I read news articles or watch TV and see the word robbery used when the crime that was actually committed was burglary.
    That happens a lot. Big difference.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links