Defensive Carry banner

Incident today with door to door beggar.

6K views 37 replies 33 participants last post by  TedBeau 
#1 ·
My parents live in the house next to me. Today this man showed up at my fathers home, rang the doorbell, then gave my dad a sob-story about needing money for some baby formula. My dad said he wouldn't give him any money. So next the man said he was very hot and tired and asked if my dad would drive him home. Of course my dad being in his late 60's didn't feel comfortable doing that. So he walked over to my house with the man. My dad asked if I'd drive all of us down to the store and buy some baby formula and take the man home. I agreed. But then the man lost interest. He said, "Look, could you just give me the money and trust me?" My dad and I both politely said no. Then he walked off. He didn't even seem interested in the ride home anymore.

My dad told me later that he specifically came to my house knowing that I'd be armed, and felt more comfortable taking the man to the store and home. Now we see that was a good judgement call because apparently the man didn't want to be driven home. There is no telling what he would have done if he had gotten in the car with my dad.

I was going to call the police but my wife insisted that i not call 911 and tie up emergency lines for something like that. So I called the police department's main number but there was simply a recording saying that if we needed police assistance to hang up and dial 911. So I just said forget it.

Anyway. That's the end, nothing spectacular.

See less See more
#37 ·
He wanted you to finance his next fix! Either dope or booze!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.