Went orange... at church? - Page 3

Went orange... at church?

This is a discussion on Went orange... at church? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I only attend church services in a congregation where I am the youngest guy there. At 69 yrs. of age, I figure I can still ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Went orange... at church?

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I only attend church services in a congregation where I am the youngest guy there. At 69 yrs. of age, I figure I can still out run an older blue-haired lady with a hoodie.
    BugDude likes this.

You know, the moral of these stories is that a church-based scenario is more likely to be a skit than an actual incident. That's actually something every CCWer should keep in mind!
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    You know, the moral of these stories is that a church-based scenario is more likely to be a skit than an actual incident. That's actually something every CCWer should keep in mind!
    It's why I didn't immediately draw. I kept an eye on him and let it play out for a few seconds and realized what was going on. Had he been holding a weapon I'd have started with the command voice and hand on the gun.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Here is a mega church example where I was at 'yellow' and really glad I stopped there. I was sitting waiting for the 4th of July service to start. My family and I were visiting... as guests of my in laws. Anyway I notice a guy in shorts and a T-shirt which is standard attire around here on the 4th and he has on a large quick opening fanny pack. To make it worse he appears to be casing the place. My family was spread out socializing so I'm just watching and nervously checking to see where they are relative to him. Anyway he goes and sits down at the end of a row near the front. Service begins with a couple songs... then the Pastor comes out and announces a special guest. Senator John McCain. The guy with 'fanny pack' was apparently Secret Service (it was Primary season when he ran against W).

Quote Originally Posted by rideandshoot View Post
    The guy with 'fanny pack' was apparently Secret Service (it was Primary season when he ran against W).
    Haha. New guy.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

No matter WHERE you are,,,,, STAY ALERT.

Doesn't that suggest there were other Secret Service agents there too?
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

I thought that too... I don't know how many a Primary Canidate gets. This year there were a bunch of em. Primary canidates that is.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    Or, viewed more generally, the moral of the story is: anything can happen (including mere skits by the kiddies).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links