Thoughts on staging weapons around the house - Page 2

Thoughts on staging weapons around the house

This is a discussion on Thoughts on staging weapons around the house within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kelcarry Nice to know there are some members who do not wear or take their firearms into the shower. Seems like many ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Thoughts on staging weapons around the house

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Nice to know there are some members who do not wear or take their firearms into the shower. Seems like many threads have ventured into all kinds of human activities and adventures when it comes to carrying the little darling.
    Well shucks, when I was in basic training we took our stripped M-14's into the shower with us. Got both clean at the same time.
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

All of mine are in the safe except for the one that's on me. If things get bad enough, my dogs should be able to chew and I should be able to shoot my way to the safe where there's another whole can o' worms, loaded and ready to go.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Thats visual, LMAO....I carry at home, if Im dressed Im armed. Ill bet T-man has done that same thing....
    Can we get back on topic instead of discussing Glockrockers paranoid bathing habits

On a personal note the only thing I take in the shower with me is my wife.
    danwdooley and Guest1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    That's the way it is here too.
    Dan,

CZ82 nut

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    You might think it's funny,even obtoose,but I have worn my G21 in the shower,in a Safariland drop-leg,with my M-4 leaning in the corner of the shower beside me,some other members here probably have as well.And I did'nt do it because it was popular on a forum,there is another world out there besides the "all warm and cozy"one some people live in.
    My only answer to you is "I feel sorry for you" if that is your norm for living your life.
    PatAz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I've yet to take a gun in the shower. If someone barges in on me in the shower, they'd likely shoot them self.
    Or at least they'd want to!
    BugDude likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I have at least 10 guns stashed all over the house, why not? I have them they may as well be available.

No kids? No worry. Stash away.
    PatAz likes this.

VIP Member
    Often I can barely find my keys. I'm not going to "stash" loaded weapons around the house. To me, that's a bit over the top.

This reminds me of the Sopranos episode where Tony opens a false column in his house and pulls out an AK-47.

I have discharged my weapon many times in the shower with my wife but never my firearm.
    BenGoodLuck and Once like this.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    I have discharged my weapon many times in the shower with my wife but never my firearm.
    Deleted by me

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Guest1 likes this.

VIP Member
    Negative I do not take firearms in the shower as I am already a weapon.

Firearms stay outside the shower, I only bathe half my body at a time in order to be prepared at any moment. I have my tactical combat loufa and my body wash at the ready to fight my way out if needed.

I am ussually armed at home and since there are little ones around I don't stash any around. Like Suntzu though it is good to relax once everything is locked down for the night I think I could get to something if I needed it.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Can we get back on topic instead of discussing Glockrockers paranoid bathing habits

G-rocker is high speed, low drag kinda guy. It is on topic. He is armed all the time. Like a Real operator. LMAO....Sorry sun had to...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I try to bring my post to levels even I can understand,so lets reveiw my last post:"I have worn my G21 in the shower,with my M-4 leaning in the corner" and" another world" could this mean that I have been somewhere besides Stateside taking showers,where they are few and far between,and you can't be away from your weapon for 5 seconds,did I say I do this at home,NO!,I HAVE DONE THIS!
    I will say though,it is quite hard to keep a drop leg up on a thigh without a belt.I might go home this evening and do it for old times sake,pictures pending
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    My only answer to you is "I feel sorry for you" if that is your norm for living your life.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    You might think it's funny,even obtoose,but I have worn my G21 in the shower,in a Safariland drop-leg,with my M-4 leaning in the corner of the shower beside me,some other members here probably have as well.And I did'nt do it because it was popular on a forum,there is another world out there besides the "all warm and cozy"one some people live in.
    My cousin was a victim of an HIR while he was in the shower.

He owns a very successful pawn shop and had been under surveillance by the perpetrators for a while. They knew what time he came home everyday & knew that he took a shower after he got home. They knocked on the door & when his teenage son answered the door the burst in and tied him & his cousin up with duct tape. Then they went & dragged my cousin out of the shower & took him still dripping wet & naked to the pawn shop. When they discovered that the safe couldn't be opened even by my cousin, they started to take him back home & were threatening to kill him, his son & his nephew.

Fortunately, my cousin saw a neighbor out in the yard & made his escape. Thank God the BGs ran. It could have gone bad; the BGs holding his son & nephew hostage could have killed them; but didn't.

He lives his life a little differently now and has taken more precautions. But, you can bet he doesn't let his guard down in the shower anymore.
    -

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links