Thoughts on staging weapons around the house

This is a discussion on Thoughts on staging weapons around the house within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife and I do not have any kids so we have a few handguns placed around the house. If we have company over they ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Thoughts on staging weapons around the house

My wife and I do not have any kids so we have a few handguns placed around the house. If we have company over they all get moved where no one would accidentally find them. Also have a Doberman pinscher to "Occupy" anyone who shouldn't be there. IMHO dogs are great deterrent and might give you the few seconds you need.
    Guest1 likes this.
    Peace the old fashion way......

2. Remove Ads

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I don't carry at home. But we have weapons handy, unlocked and loaded. I refuse to keep a weapon on me 24/7 in my own house unless I move to Kabul! Sometimes backing off of yellow and going to white is nice.

You took the words out of my mouth.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Nice to know there are some members who do not wear or take their firearms into the shower. Seems like many threads have ventured into all kinds of human activities and adventures when it comes to carrying the little darling.
    i seen a movie where john wayne had his in the shower
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Only my wife and I live in the household so the handy firearm stashed and ready is timely. One must take responsibility to gather them in and place them in the safe before guests arrive. We're not arming home-invasion crooks either for the only firearms they will be able to detect will be the ones we'll be holding.

I do not go about armed in my own house. If that is imprudent than so be it.
    PatAz and LouisianaMan like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Most are in the safe, from which two move to the nightstand when I get home from work. Several others are stashed in discreet locations where we can easily access them if needed, especially since 4 pet dogs (with bad attitudes towards strangers at the door) should provide both early warning and delay. The dogs should also provide warning if BG's are in the house when we arrive home, at which point we won't enter anyway. Should a break-in occur at night, locks & dogs should allow us to arm ourselves before any BG could find a hideaway gun.

My wife and daughters know the guns' locations and how to use them. None of us carry at home. On the very rare occasions when children come to the house, everything gets locked in the safe.

I won't leave a weapon in a room that I am not in, and if someone outside the lady friend is around, the weapon stays on me.

There was just a news story on today about a man in Indiana being shot and killed by his three-year-old after the kid found his loaded and stashed pistol. Shot in front of his other two kids...

The only stashing of weapons I am contemplating is a Gunvault Microvault in the living room with another pistol.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Thoughts on staging weapons around the house
    My thoughts about this? Backward intelligence. You asked.....I told. Staging weapons around the house is a silly idea for me personally. Reasons? Pretty simple if you just think about the pros and cons from an intelligent point of view. Any weapon you can't see or hold is not under your control. This one single (plain and simple) principle leads me to believe what I've just told you. If you own any firearm, you need to be responsible for that firearm all of the time. Strung around the house means that you're strung out and incapable of taking responsibility for each and every one at any time. I simply won't do this myself. No need. I feel for those that do make their own choice....just the same as I feel free to offer my opinions that they are making mistakes for no good reasons.
    BenGoodLuck, BugDude and Once like this.

Funny, notice how that blunt, non-negotiable response killed this conversation? I wonder why?
    suntzu and pgrass101 like this.

Grand children prevent the staging of my weapons,,,, once they get
    older & I start them shooting,,,,,, maybe ,,, maybe not ,,, just depends.

There are loaded guns in almost every room except the bathroom.

Why,the bathroom is the worst place to be caught with your pants down!
    Quote Originally Posted by revldm View Post
    There are loaded guns in almost every room except the bathroom.
    pgrass101 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Some years ago I spent the Christmas Holiday with a dangerous, lifelong criminal who happened to be my trusted friend. Behind every (EVERY) door in his well-decorated, luxury home stood a loaded & racked Remington 870 Police shotgun. I asked my host on the logic of this arrangement, noting the potential liability of him arming his own intruders. He explained the high probability that ANY intruder into his home had likely come to kill him, so they already HAD guns. He just didn't want to be caught anywhere very far from one. I asked if bodyguards wouldn't be simpler. We walked me to a front window, parted the curtains & pointed to a dark Lincoln parked across the street from the driveway. It was a unique, but very quiet, Christmas.
    This is a great beginning to the rest of the story. One day if you have the time and can share more, I'd like to hear about your dangerous, lifelong criminal friend.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Quote Originally Posted by rcj50 View Post
    i seen a movie where john wayne had his in the shower
    Never know when you need it....:roll eyes:

I am all for it, but now that I have a little one running around I have to give it more thought!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links