Thoughts on staging weapons around the house

This is a discussion on Thoughts on staging weapons around the house within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Reasons I find not to stage weapons around the house. They are unsecured and would be accessible to visitors and burglars that might invade your ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Thoughts on staging weapons around the house

Reasons I find not to stage weapons around the house.

They are unsecured and would be accessible to visitors and burglars that might invade your home. I don't want me or the cops to be on the wrong end of the barrel of any of my guns.

I always have a gun on or am near the safe where there is one that is accessible. If your gun is always with you you have no need to find a staged gun.

Now if you don't have kids and lock your guns up when people visit or every time you leave your home, I guess that is ok. I find it hard to believe that most people who have loaded guns around the home lock them up every time they leave. At least that is what I have found in talking to people who do this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

good point, i know I will have one in a quick access safe incase I need one downstairs

I have some in multiple locations in the house because I wont carry one on me at home and you never know when you will need one. I dont have kids in the house and no one that is not a friend or family member ever comes in my home. My friends wouldnt bother my weapons. If they were the type of person that would, they would not be my friends. I do have an 80 lb lab with attitude there as well.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

I don't stage them or feel the need to do so. I do carry at home, more so I know what it is like to do everyday tasks with a holster on, than because I need to be armed for safety's sake. My black lab is an excellent early warning system.

The bedroom is the safe room and I have a 12 ga there. I live in a safe, low crime area, but I will admit that it isn't getting safer.

At some point, it may become dangerous, but it will happen in other places first, like Detroit, Pittsburg, Houston, etc. If things got dangerous, a gun on the belt beats a gun in the drawer everytime.

Of course, I know of no one who does this, but I have heard that if one places a shotgun (or defense weapon of choice) on "nails" directly above the door of a closet, the gun is readily available and completely unseen by anyone who walks into said closet. I don't know about any readers out there, but I never look directly above me, on the inside of the outward wall of a closet. It seems like a fairly safe way to "Stage a self defense weapon. Of course, I have also heard of someone with a fairly extensive library who took one fairly large book and carved out a space within the book for a revolver - or was it a Beretta 92. Not sure which. I would imagine, that particular book would be in the same place all of the time and it wasn't a book that anyone would normally take out and look at.

I have always thought they were good ideas. Maybe someday, I'll copy those ideas.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links