Thoughts on staging weapons around the house

This is a discussion on Thoughts on staging weapons around the house within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here are some ideas on staging weapons in the house. Trigger Time, Episode 1, Segment A, Staging a Firearm in the Home - YouTube...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Thoughts on staging weapons around the house

VIP Member

Thoughts on staging weapons around the house

Here are some ideas on staging weapons in the house.

Trigger Time, Episode 1, Segment A, Staging a Firearm in the Home - YouTube
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Not much intrest for me. I now have reinforced doors and secured windows and a firearm on me at all times in my home. Except when sleeping and showering of course. I have thought about another quick safe and loaded gun in my daughters room becuase thats our safe room. Then mommy could arm up as well, or if something happens to me before reaching that room.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I don't carry at home. But we have weapons handy, unlocked and loaded. I refuse to keep a weapon on me 24/7 in my own house unless I move to Kabul! Sometimes backing off of yellow and going to white is nice.

My thoughts are if you have weapons readily available around the house, they would be available not only to you, but anyone else who may enter your property also. If they were not armed when they came in, they could easily be once they got in. If someone came in while you were gone and you walked in on them, chances are they would be armed if you had unsecured weapons around the house. Just a thought.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Not much intrest for me. I now have reinforced doors and secured windows and a firearm on me at all times in my home. Except when sleeping and showering of course. I have thought about another quick safe and loaded gun in my daughters room becuase thats our safe room. Then mommy could arm up as well, or if something happens to me before reaching that room.
    Nice to know there are some members who do not wear or take their firearms into the shower. Seems like many threads have ventured into all kinds of human activities and adventures when it comes to carrying the little darling.
    PEF likes this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    If you do stage one make sure its the same place every time. You don't want to saying, now where did I put that?
    bigdogtx likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I think it’s an ok practice if done sparingly and in a thoughtful manor. If you plant 20 guns around your home you increase the risk that an unwelcome guest could arm themselves with one of your own weapons. It would sure be a bummer to get into a gun fight where all the weapons involved were your own. One or two stashed in a spot that would not be an obvious hiding spot for a gun is not a bad idea though.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
    --George Washington

You might think it's funny,even obtoose,but I have worn my G21 in the shower,in a Safariland drop-leg,with my M-4 leaning in the corner of the shower beside me,some other members here probably have as well.And I did'nt do it because it was popular on a forum,there is another world out there besides the "all warm and cozy"one some people live in.
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Nice to know there are some members who do not wear or take their firearms into the shower. Seems like many threads have ventured into all kinds of human activities and adventures when it comes to carrying the little darling.

I've yet to take a gun in the shower. If someone barges in on me in the shower, they'd likely shoot them self.
    Spirit51, Guest1, SWIll and 7 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Senior Moderator
    My only weapon that is staged all over the house is my 75lb mutt, I trust that he will buy me time to reach my pistol safe.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I have a variety of knives stashed in locations around my home. I also have three firearms and a shotgun in "special" locations as well. I am always armed with two of my guns at any given time (yes, even at home). The ole "hood" ain't what it used to be!
    The SG and other gun are always locked up but handy... just in case!

The only way I would stage weapons in multiple locations for ready-access inside me home would still be in "covert" locations. Meaning only I and the other potential household defenders would know where they were, even if you were looking for them. It's pretty easy to overlook a well-designed, 1.5" deep picture frame full of ugly, old Auntie Margaret hanging in the front hallway amid a wall of family portraits. But flip THAT PARTICULAR frame and there's a 1911 good-to-go. Prying hands might search through a drawer, but few will open the drawer and reach upward to the holster attached to the underside of the desktop. The area inside a closet but above the door is a great spot above the reach of children but quickly available without looking to all who already know where to reach.

Some years ago I spent the Christmas Holiday with a dangerous, lifelong criminal who happened to be my trusted friend. Behind every (EVERY) door in his well-decorated, luxury home stood a loaded & racked Remington 870 Police shotgun. I asked my host on the logic of this arrangement, noting the potential liability of him arming his own intruders. He explained the high probability that ANY intruder into his home had likely come to kill him, so they already HAD guns. He just didn't want to be caught anywhere very far from one. I asked if bodyguards wouldn't be simpler. We walked me to a front window, parted the curtains & pointed to a dark Lincoln parked across the street from the driveway. It was a unique, but very quiet, Christmas.
    HKinNY likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

My safe remains open when I'm home...plenty of loaded choices in there.
    I don't need to place firearms all over the house as I always have one on my person.
    OD* likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Most everything is kept in the safe. I have one on me at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    You might think it's funny,even obtoose,but I have worn my G21 in the shower,in a Safariland drop-leg,with my M-4 leaning in the corner of the shower beside me,some other members here probably have as well.And I did'nt do it because it was popular on a forum,there is another world out there besides the "all warm and cozy"one some people live in.
    Thats visual, LMAO....I carry at home, if Im dressed Im armed. Ill bet T-man has done that same thing....
    Guest1 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links