I was car jacked at gunpoint

This is a discussion on I was car jacked at gunpoint within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I also live in Milwaukee, was wondering where did this occur if I may ask....

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: I was car jacked at gunpoint

I also live in Milwaukee, was wondering where did this occur if I may ask.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I guess you just went ahead and threw those underwear away when you got home. Why didnt you unload on his ass when he was driving off?
    sid1 likes this.

Sure glad you are ok. I live only minutes from Milwaukee and it is very sobering to hear about stuff like this close to home. It is not always across the state line.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and Remington 12 gauge.

Glad you are ok and thanks for posting this. I just graduated from MSOE in Milwaukee and I am very glad to be out of that city. I almost started looking for jobs again in that area, but after reading this I'll stick to the Fox Cities.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger_ View Post
    I also live in Milwaukee, was wondering where did this occur if I may ask.
    See post #57 and #107.........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Even the best training, tactics or SA is not a guarantee to keep you out of trouble. Don't get me wrong, they can put some great odds on your side, but sometimes fate and bad luck will enter the picture.

Glad it worked out for you.

I really try and avoid convenience stores and fast food joints, both hazardous to your "health" in a couple of ways.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

this is from the american rifleman(NRA)

We are a society that spends a lot of time in our cars. We know that bad things can happen to us while driving, such as carjacking and the like. However, most of us really don't spend much time considering how we will access and deploy our defensive handguns from inside the vehicle.
    Carrying in the Car

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Here's what happens to carjack victims around these parts:

Two men have been arrested and charged in the carjacking death of a 23-year-old in Detroit

(I realize that you) Consider yourself very lucky/fortunate.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    I guess you just went ahead and threw those underwear away when you got home. Why didnt you unload on his ass when he was driving off?
    Because he was waiting for you to show up, stand in front of speeding truck and causing the driver to slam on the breaks, and then for you to drop your weapons, tear off your shirt and scream "C'MON! MANO A MANO!"

Dude, where were you???

“But that won’t bring him back. That doesn’t give my baby my daddy. So it’s pointless,” said Ashley Davis. Davis and Shaver have a son together, a 3-year-old boy named DeShawn. “At least we still got part of Wyman that’s the only part that’s left of him,” said Davis.
    glad we have schools up there, it's hard to hear someone getting shot but it is even harder to listen to someone talking about it

Glad it turned out well for ya Sid1. Told you I would check out this site ;)
    sid1 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    You did the right thing. Glad you're OK. Sucks to get ambushed like that.

This is one of those situations I have always thought about. I try to look at what's going on inside a gas station or convenience store when I am pulling in to try to avoid just this kind of thing. It isn't always possible to tell though.

Glad you are OK and glad you got your truck back.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    Glad it turned out well for ya Sid1. Told you I would check out this site ;)

Sid, your buddy's here. Is he the one that's going to go with you to that store next time?
    sid1 likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Sid, your buddy's here. Is he the one that's going to go with you to that store next time?
    Thanks mprp, havent been on much still dealing with my truck and a few issues with it that I thought was from the theft.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Links