I was car jacked at gunpoint - Page 3

I was car jacked at gunpoint

This is a discussion on I was car jacked at gunpoint within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have owned hundres of vehicles in my life . I would not risk my life for any vehicle, property can always be replaced....

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: I was car jacked at gunpoint

I have owned hundres of vehicles in my life . I would not risk my life for any vehicle, property can always be replaced.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    I can't wait to hear from the guys who would have done blah, blah, blah if it had only been them.

If only you had been open carrying. Then you would have had the force field around you...
    Well, I know for a FACT that I woulda snatched the guy's heart out of his chest with my bare hands like the bad guy in "Temple of Doom". Either that or peed myself and begged him not to shoot me. Definitely one of those.
    Hopyard, mkh, pfries and 6 others like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

OP did the right thing. I may have been tempted to shoot out a tire. Close range. I would imagine discharge of the weapon may cause some legal issues but it would prevent a speedy get away and may have prevented a high speed chase ending up killing innocent people.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I was was almost car jacked in the summer of 2010 here in Cincinnati at a stop light. It messed with my head and my muscles were sore for three days. My gun was in the glove box. Because my permit hadn't shown up yet. Same situation, not much I could do! Glad they saw me reach and back off.

I came home and kissed & hugged my son. Never told him.
    ericb, I can really see how this can mess someones head, and for some odd reason that I cant explain, I keep asking myself why I'm not messed up? Maybe I'm just happy it all turned out good and I'm here writing this now? I just dont know?
    ericb327 likes this.

VIP Member
    Glad you are around to tell about it. You did the only thing you could have done, as there was no way
    to get to your weapon and almost certainly too much risk to try and disarm your assailant-- though it might
    have been possible.

The only way to be prepared for such a situation is with one of these--- Andrews Custom Leather - Carjacker Crossdraw
    and even then discretion is the better part of valor. By the time you realized what was going on it may already have
    been too later to even use one from a specialty holster.

Give yourself a pat and tell as many people as you know about what happened. Not to brag, not to complain,
    not to get them all worried, but to empty your brain of the trauma. Don't keep it a secret.
    sid1, ericb327 and Hoganbeg like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Glad you are around to tell about it. You did the only thing you could have done, as there was no way
    to get to your weapon and almost certainly too much risk to try and disarm your assailant-- though it might
    have been possible.

The only way to be prepared for such a situation is with one of these--- Andrews Custom Leather - Carjacker Crossdraw
    and even then discretion is the better part of valor. By the time you realized what was going on it may already have
    been too later to even use one from a specialty holster.

Give yourself a pat and tell as many people as you know about what happened. Not to brag, not to complain,
    not to get them all worried, but to empty your brain of the trauma. Don't keep it a secret.
    Hopyard this is the best advise I have recieved thus far. Thank you for the kind words and speaking about it does help. The crossdraw does look to give a slight advantage.
    Thanks again

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    ericb, I can really see how this can mess someones head, and for some odd reason that I cant explain, I keep asking myself why I'm not messed up? Maybe I'm just happy it all turned out good and I'm here writing this now? I just dont know?
    Probably the same the same reason you were able to make the right decision under extreme pressure.

You sir have a level head!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

I'm glad you didn't have your family (wife and/or kids) in the truck. You can get another truck, but there's no way you can watch somebody drive off with a family member in the car. That's my biggest concern with car jacking is when I'm not alone. You came home ok...that's the main goal.
    ericb327 and sid1 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    I can't wait to hear from the guys who would have done blah, blah, blah if it had only been them.
    Already was one.

Glad it worked out, I can't imagine the things that went and continue to go through your head.

Posted using Tapatalk.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I'm glad you didn't have your family (wife and/or kids) in the truck. You can get another truck, but there's no way you can watch somebody drive off with a family member in the car. That's my biggest concern with car jacking is when I'm not alone. You came home ok...that's the main goal.
    Yes, definitely a game changer. If that were the case, going down shooting may be in order.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Glad you're OK buddy. I can't imagine what was going through your mind (and into your pants) when it went down. Seems to me you did the right thing.
    sid1 likes this.

Hey I would love to say I woulda done this or I woulda done that but with a gun pressed to my temple I have no clue what I would do. What matters is you are ok. Hopefully the law catches these guys and they can be put away for a long time.

Glad everyone came out without injuries. You did the best thing as has been pointed out many times here, the truck can be replaced...not your life.

I think it shows because someone has drawn a gun to your disadvantage...best to keep yours in the holster and let the BG have a vehicle. Not every drawn weapon demands a gun fight. Using your wits is a major part of your safety.
    sid1 likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    I then came to my senses and realized I wasn’t going to die over something as trivial as my truck.
    I am glad you are ok. At that point it was not about your truck, it was about your life. You did well.

Glad you're ok man, you made the right choice, no object that can be replaced is worth your life.

Good learning experience for the rest of us.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links