I was car jacked at gunpoint

This is a discussion on I was car jacked at gunpoint within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glad you made it out of the situation unscathed (for the most part). I fully understand the need to speak with a therapist after an ...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: I was car jacked at gunpoint

Glad you made it out of the situation unscathed (for the most part). I fully understand the need to speak with a therapist after an incident of that nature. I can see where having a gun placed to your temple would send your psyche into a tail spin! It is unfortunate that we have to live amongst scumbags that would even consider doing something like that. That is the sector of society that justifies CCW. I hope you can put the psychological trauma of this event behind you and return to a more peaceful state of mind. You are definitely doing the right thing in explaining your experience here, as well as seeking advice from a professional.

2. Remove Ads

Sid, glad you're ok!

To those who think shooting as the jacker drove away is a good idea, I would kindly suggest that such an act would put others in danger. Bullet misses, and heads off into a home, another car, or business or something... or deflects to the same end result.

Keep that in mind, along with the lesson that Sid provided. If the BG got the drop on you, your number one goal is to minimize the danger for yourself and other innocents.

My 2c.
    mprp and GeorgiaDawg like this.

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad everything turned out okay and you still have your life!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

(J.R.R.Tolkien [Faramir], The Two Towers

Glad to hear you keep your cool and came out on the safe side.

If you don't mind can you give the location of the incident. Thanks.......
    sid1 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

OD*
    Glad you walked away from the incident unharmed.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

It's a heck of an experience to happen to anyone...glad you came out unscathed.
    I hope the dirtbag is caught soon.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

1. Glad you were alone. 2. Truck shmuck. I wouldn't care if he rolled it and got ejected after he drove off if it were me. Wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit. Sometimes a firearm can and must be what saves your life but this time it was your thinking and calm reaction that paid off. That's the goal and you did a fine job. A shout out to your PD too. You are a fine example of how to survive a bad situation by using your head. Thanks for posting! Another reminder of any time, anywhere.
    sid1 likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

If a guy is running out of a convenience store and towards my truck... and in front of my truck.... with a gun in his hand and pointing it at me..... he is about to get run over and find out how much being hit by a truck is going to hurt. End of story...

Would I , I have.... and it was not a gun, but 3 guys.... armed with iron bar, chain, and a baseball bat. Two got out of the way ... barely... and the 3rd one wasn't as fast.
    Chaplain Scott likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Bad day. Could have been much worse. Glad you're ok.

I am now wondering, though, if the guy had actually shot you, how many people here would have read the story posted as a carjacking ending in the death of the driver and posted what heroic acts they would have done to kill the rubber/carjacker and become the hero of the day.

You being alive to tell this story is a better lesson in reality than ANY story about the good guy being dead for doing something stupid.
    ericb327, sid1 and mprp like this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Glad you are ok... Thanks for sharing.

My personal Kudos to your handling of the situation Sid. I dont believe that anyone could have done any better.
    IMO there a lesson to be learned here. I also go to work in the early morning hours. And stop a 7-11 for coffee and a pastrey. MY usual tactic was to park as close to the entrance as possible, and observe the goings on in the store from the safety of my car. Based on your experience I'm going to change that. Now I'll take a slow ride by and look in, then park further away. Hoping this will give me a bit more reaction time, and a few more options.

Sid again I am glad how things worked out for you. IMO you have experienced a terrifying and dangerous even. Kept your cool, and survived by your wits. Sir I tip my hat to you.
    Last edited by Secret Spuk; July 11th, 2012 at 10:42 PM.
    sid1 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Glad to hear you keep your cool and came out on the safe side.

If you don't mind can you give the location of the incident. Thanks.......
    Sure Crowman,
    The Mobil station just off the freeway Hwy100 and Silver Spring. It was one of those wrong time wrong place thing. It is believed he parked his car three blocks away in an industrial park, and as I pulled up, his getway now became my truck instead of running on foot to the place LEO found my truck.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    1. A shout out to your PD too..
    I agree wholehearted, these (LEO) guys really went out of their way to locate my truck, even trying to call the a local company to see if they can locate my truck over GPS through an aftermarket device I have installed in my truck. When they found my truck it was parked behind a warehouse that wouldnt have been viewable from the street.

It's easy for people to quarter back from the safety of their computer,I am glad you are safe,pray that you recover fully.NOW!,how about a vehicle class,find a credible instructor in your area,learn the ins and out s of vehicle defense,may not be as simple as a CJ next time.
    First Sgt and Harryball like this.

It is why I carry all the time now. I was robbed at gunpoint (small neighborhood/wealthy area pharmacy at closing time) a while back. Certainly changed my way of looking at and living my life. Still have "flashbacks" at times, but I am (you too) alive to talk about it. Glad your incident turned out okay, but it was scary, huh? Until you experience something like that, one cannot say what they would do, only speculate. Good luck, Sid, enjoy life!
    Best Regards,
    "Doc" aka Bill
    SLAINTE VAR!!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links