I was car jacked at gunpoint

This is a discussion on I was car jacked at gunpoint within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok so here's the story, this happened this morning. I woke up as I normally do at 4:30 AM take the dog for a walk. ...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: I was car jacked at gunpoint

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar

Ok so here's the story, this happened this morning. I woke up as I normally do at 4:30 AM take the dog for a walk. Grab my cell and my gun place it on my hip get ready for my 30 minute ride to work. My daily routine is to stop off at the gas station for my morning coffee. (So far just the same as every other day). As I pull up to the gas station I place my truck into park and just then a guy runs out of the front door pointing a gun at me (he is in front of my truck as this happens). Still in a jog he rounds the drivers window of my truck (my window is down) still pointing a gun at me but now it is pressing against my temple. I just realized I came up to an armed robbery of the gas station. What’s going though my head is I have my gun on my hip, but it's at my 4 O’clock and my seat belt is still on and my truck is still running. WHAT TO DO? This dirt bag has got the jump on me and there isn't a thing I can do. I then came to my senses and realized I wasn’t going to die over something as trivial as my truck. (not going lie having a dirt bag freaking out pushing a gun into my temple was very unsettling) and as many times I played it over in my head today I don’t think I would have came out ahead on this one. I gave the truck up. I would like to give two thumbs up to the Milwaukee PD. they bent over backwards to find my truck (which they did, within an hour after it was jacked).

I would also personally thank a member of this forum (I will keep anonymous unless he chooses to come forward you know who you are) and his hard work on getting my truck back so fast. (happened about 5;15 AM truck dusted for finger prints at work about 7:50 AM )

I owe you brother!
    Last edited by sid1; July 10th, 2012 at 10:05 PM.

Sorry to hear about your experience but you did right by not trying to be a hero and giving up a replaceable item.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Wow! Glad you are ok.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Smart decision. Glad you are okay.
    sid1 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Good job. Your truck is covered by insurance, your head.....only life insurance.
    sid1 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Glad you're OK. The BG doesn't know how lucky he got huh?
    sid1 likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    You now known SA does not always work. Things can and do happen fast.

Glad you got to go home safe tonight.
    sid1, KoB, 64zebra and 2 others like this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Administrator
    Well, that worked out OK.
    Smart man. You can always get another truck but, they sure can't do head transplants yet.
    Glad that you are OK.
    Any potentially deadly scenario where you can walk away just minus a vehicle is a good outcome scenario.

Massad Ayoob really warns folks to be ESPECIALLY careful before pulling into gas stations and Stop & Rob type locations.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    GLAD you are OK!!! Man, you just never know do you!!?? Too bad you couldn't have run him over when he was in front of you.
    sid1, DC and 64zebra like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

clc
    Glad you are ok.
    Its a shame you weren't able to smash the chump with the truck..
    sid1 likes this.

Very sorry to hear it Sid, glad you are OK. You did good, one of the reasons I have a car mounted holster, not to say that it would have changed anything but I feel it increases my odds of survival in many potential situations.
    sid1 likes this.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clc View Post
    Glad you are ok.
    Its a shame you weren't able to smash the chump with the truck..
    It is kinda funny when co-workers got wind of this, and was surprized because they know i have my permit, but unaware of the fine line of being a justifed shooting and me spending along time behind bars.
    For example; two co-workers said they would have shot through the back window as he was leaving. I tried to explane how bad that would have become for me for doing so.
    mprp, Secret Spuk and 64zebra like this.

Glad you had things turn out alright for you. Historically, stolen getaway vehicles end up totaled with other innocents injured.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It does give the rest of us here a scenario to think about when approaching stop and robs. From now on, I will park in the back 40 when needing to go inside a stop and rob. That would put me at a lesser probability of getting caught off guard vs. my vehicle being an opportunistic easy picking right at the front door.

But personally, I am one that doesn't give up that easy. As the dirtbag got in the driver's seat with his attention off of me and on getting away with the truck, I probably would have been in the blind spot behind the B-pillar waiting with my gun drawn waiting for him to back up into view of my muzzle. Chances are, he'd be looking over his right shoulder to back up, and I'd have the jump on him from his blind left side through the driver's window. I wouldn't care how many of my truck's windows I would have to shoot out to retire a criminal that threatened my life. Who knows how many other lives he could have endangered while in getaway mode.
    baren and MotorCityGun like this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Speechless, glad your ok.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

clc
    Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    It is kinda funny when co-workers got wind of this, and was surprized because they know i have my permit, but unaware of the fine line of being a justifed shooting and me spending along time behind bars.
    For example; two co-workers said they would have shot through the back window as he was leaving. I tried to explane how bad that would have become for me for doing so.
    Keeping your head helps you "keep your head" you done real good.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Links