NC shooting deemed as a good shoot.

This is a discussion on NC shooting deemed as a good shoot. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Eleven convictions...four jail terms = very slow learner...perhaps he has learned something this time, but I doubt it. Not so sure ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: NC shooting deemed as a good shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Eleven convictions...four jail terms = very slow learner...perhaps he has learned something this time, but I doubt it.
    Not so sure ret. I think he recently got SOMETHING pounded into his head that he soon won't forget.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    How do we know he wasn't? I saw nothing in the article that said what caliber gun the shooter used. Could have been a .380, or a 9MM or a .40 or even a .45.
    Maybe even the perfectly placed .22LR ocular cranial shot?

Further proof that the "Travis Solution" can work...
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    Robberies, break-ins, weapons, violations, and he spends two years total in jail. That's North Carolina for you. I think he's in for a longer vacation this time, though. And if the shooter had been using one of those .40-cal's everybody hates so much they'd have put a toe tag instead of handcuffs on this thug.
    Thats what I was thinking, he has 11 convictions in 8 years, averging over one per year and he only spends a total of two years in jail! I thought there were laws about being a habitual criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Thats what I was thinking, he has 11 convictions in 8 years, averging over one per year and he only spends a total of two years in jail! I thought there were laws about being a habitual criminal.
    We are kindlier and gentler toward our criminal here in NC. We just had an illegal alien kill someone after multiple DUIs. That's when we nab them. I mean we did give him multiple changes to change.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

I guess Jessy Jackson and Al Sharpton were busy because I didn't see their names mentioned. Maybe later.

I wish there were more about the actual shoot so we could learn more. Was it a 'draw, aim, shoot' from xxx location, caliber, distance, number of shots fired, etc. I always thought that multiple shots were better, i.e. double tap until the gun is empty ... maybe that is overkill but the use of deadly force is to completely stop what is going on.

I don't think you should just walk away. collateral briefcase - YouTube
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy1933 View Post
    I guess Jessy Jackson and Al Sharpton were busy because I didn't see their names mentioned. Maybe later.

I wish there were more about the actual shoot so we could learn more. Was it a 'draw, aim, shoot' from xxx location, caliber, distance, number of shots fired, etc. I always thought that multiple shots were better, i.e. double tap until the gun is empty ... maybe that is overkill but the use of deadly force is to completely stop what is going on.

I don't think you should just walk away. collateral briefcase - YouTube
    This is something I would like to know as well. In others discussions I have said that I would see nothing wrong if a person walking in on a robbery in progress were to shoot the robber in the back making no attempt to warn him. Without giving the robber any chance to give up. Just take the shot with the advantage of surprise on your side. There were some that disagreed with my thoughts on this.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    This is something I would like to know as well. In others discussions I have said that I would see nothing wrong if a person walking in on a robbery in progress were to shoot the robber in the back making no attempt to warn him. Without giving the robber any chance to give up. Just take the shot with the advantage of surprise on your side. There were some that disagreed with my thoughts on this.

Michael
    I might have been one to disagree.... if the clerk is held at gunpoint... what shot are you going to make that will guarantee that the gunman's finger doesn't contract on his trigger? You have to get his gun off the clerk...

The "Travis Solution"... might be one way. The "Collateral" briefcase scene, not so much... no surprise there in that scene... and the BG talks too much... if Ida been the BG in the Collateral scene... I'd have shot the cabby and Cruise.

Travis solution:

It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links