Defensive Carry banner

NC shooting deemed as a good shoot.

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  oakchas 
#1 ·
Goldsboro, N.C. — A customer who witnessed an armed robbery at a Goldsboro convenience and shot the suspect will not face charges in the incident, police said Thursday.

Christopher Jamale Vann, 27, of 110 Highland Acres in Faison, was shot in the head during the robbery, which happened about 3:15 a.m. Tuesday at the Kangaroo Express on Grantham Street. Vann was listed in serious condition Thursday at Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.

A female clerk told Goldsboro police that a man walked into the store, displayed a handgun and tried to rob the business. The customer, identified as Maurice Thomas Lewis, 26, of Goldsboro, saw the robbery in progress and shot the suspect once, police said.

Goldsboro police consulted with the Wayne County District Attorney’s Office and determined no criminal charges will be filed against Lewis, whom they said is fully cooperating with the investigation. Police also said there was no physical altercation between Vann and Lewis before the shooting.

Vann was wanted by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms on outstanding drug and weapons charges, police said.

He has 11 previous state convictions dating to 2004, including weapons, robbery and break-in charges, according state Division of Correction records. He has served four jail terms totaling nearly two years.

Customer who shot robber in Goldsboro won't be charged :: WRAL.com

See less See more
#2 ·
This how I like a story to be written. We get the whole street address of the convict fugitive shoot in the commission of his crime but little information on the justified shooter. Though I don't know if would have given the shooters full name.

#3 ·
Wanted by BATFE even. Sounds like he got the best retirement plan available in that line of work and finally cashed in. :35:

Reactions: GhostMaker
#4 ·
What did they want him for? To ask him to stop being a bad boy?
Vann was wanted by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms on outstanding drug and weapons charges, police said.

He has 11 previous state convictions dating to 2004, including weapons, robbery and break-in charges, according state Division of Correction records. He has served four jail terms totaling nearly two years.
Its not like they want to protect society from him. The only thing the Government wants him for is to use him as an excuse to pass more laws restricting the freedom of law abiding citizens.

Michael

#5 ·
Robberies, break-ins, weapons, violations, and he spends two years total in jail. That's North Carolina for you. I think he's in for a longer vacation this time, though. And if the shooter had been using one of those .40-cal's everybody hates so much they'd have put a toe tag instead of handcuffs on this thug.

#13 ·
How do we know he wasn't? I saw nothing in the article that said what caliber gun the shooter used. Could have been a .380, or a 9MM or a .40 or even a .45.

#10 ·
From the article said:
Makes your heart bleed for states that don't have a Three Strikes type sentencing structure for repeat violent felons. When will they learn.

#12 ·
Eleven convictions...four jail terms = very slow learner...perhaps he has learned something this time, but I doubt it.

#16 ·
Not so sure ret. I think he recently got SOMETHING pounded into his head that he soon won't forget. :yup:

Reactions: msgt/ret
#21 ·
I guess Jessy Jackson and Al Sharpton were busy because I didn't see their names mentioned. Maybe later.

I wish there were more about the actual shoot so we could learn more. Was it a 'draw, aim, shoot' from xxx location, caliber, distance, number of shots fired, etc. I always thought that multiple shots were better, i.e. double tap until the gun is empty ... maybe that is overkill but the use of deadly force is to completely stop what is going on.

I don't think you should just walk away. collateral briefcase - YouTube

#22 ·
I guess Jessy Jackson and Al Sharpton were busy because I didn't see their names mentioned. Maybe later.

I wish there were more about the actual shoot so we could learn more. Was it a 'draw, aim, shoot' from xxx location, caliber, distance, number of shots fired, etc. I always thought that multiple shots were better, i.e. double tap until the gun is empty ... maybe that is overkill but the use of deadly force is to completely stop what is going on.

I don't think you should just walk away. collateral briefcase - YouTube
This is something I would like to know as well. In others discussions I have said that I would see nothing wrong if a person walking in on a robbery in progress were to shoot the robber in the back making no attempt to warn him. Without giving the robber any chance to give up. Just take the shot with the advantage of surprise on your side. There were some that disagreed with my thoughts on this.

Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.