NC shooting deemed as a good shoot.

This is a discussion on NC shooting deemed as a good shoot. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Goldsboro, N.C. — A customer who witnessed an armed robbery at a Goldsboro convenience and shot the suspect will not face charges in the incident, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: NC shooting deemed as a good shoot.

Goldsboro, N.C. — A customer who witnessed an armed robbery at a Goldsboro convenience and shot the suspect will not face charges in the incident, police said Thursday.

Christopher Jamale Vann, 27, of 110 Highland Acres in Faison, was shot in the head during the robbery, which happened about 3:15 a.m. Tuesday at the Kangaroo Express on Grantham Street. Vann was listed in serious condition Thursday at Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.

A female clerk told Goldsboro police that a man walked into the store, displayed a handgun and tried to rob the business. The customer, identified as Maurice Thomas Lewis, 26, of Goldsboro, saw the robbery in progress and shot the suspect once, police said.

Goldsboro police consulted with the Wayne County District Attorney’s Office and determined no criminal charges will be filed against Lewis, whom they said is fully cooperating with the investigation. Police also said there was no physical altercation between Vann and Lewis before the shooting.

Vann was wanted by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms on outstanding drug and weapons charges, police said.

He has 11 previous state convictions dating to 2004, including weapons, robbery and break-in charges, according state Division of Correction records. He has served four jail terms totaling nearly two years.

Customer who shot robber in Goldsboro won't be charged :: WRAL.com
    beararms and ColoradoLady like this.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

This how I like a story to be written. We get the whole street address of the convict fugitive shoot in the commission of his crime but little information on the justified shooter. Though I don't know if would have given the shooters full name.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Wanted by BATFE even. Sounds like he got the best retirement plan available in that line of work and finally cashed in.
    GhostMaker likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Wanted by BATFE even. Sounds like he got the best retirement plan available in that line of work and finally cashed in.
    What did they want him for? To ask him to stop being a bad boy?
    Vann was wanted by the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms on outstanding drug and weapons charges, police said.

He has 11 previous state convictions dating to 2004, including weapons, robbery and break-in charges, according state Division of Correction records. He has served four jail terms totaling nearly two years.
    Its not like they want to protect society from him. The only thing the Government wants him for is to use him as an excuse to pass more laws restricting the freedom of law abiding citizens.

Michael
    Adameeski and beararms like this.

Robberies, break-ins, weapons, violations, and he spends two years total in jail. That's North Carolina for you. I think he's in for a longer vacation this time, though. And if the shooter had been using one of those .40-cal's everybody hates so much they'd have put a toe tag instead of handcuffs on this thug.

The only problem I have is that now he'll be a tax-payer supported ward of the state in his vegetative home-served lobotomy condition. Too bad the GG didn't finish him.
    mprp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    What did they want him for? To ask him to stop being a bad boy?

Its not like they want to protect society from him. The only thing the Government wants him for is to use him as an excuse to pass more laws restricting the freedom of law abiding citizens.

Michael
    Well if he was wanted by BATFE then I'm sure that there was a reason beyond all of the stuff that he's already done time for. If for some reason, what you have stated is why they wanted him, then they should also throw into the argument that it was also a gun that stopped him. So I would call your argument a wash.

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I know somewone will sleep better tonight

sgb
    Got to Love Happy endings
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    Makes your heart bleed for states that don't have a Three Strikes type sentencing structure for repeat violent felons. When will they learn.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Well if he was wanted by BATFE then I'm sure that there was a reason beyond all of the stuff that he's already done time for. If for some reason, what you have stated is why they wanted him, then they should also throw into the argument that it was also a gun that stopped him. So I would call your argument a wash.
    Sorry if I did not make my point correctly. My point was that he should have been dealt with when they had him. Instead of just letting him back out into society to terrorize the honest folks. I have no confidence that if the BATFE had caught him they would have done any better at protecting society from him.

Michael

Eleven convictions...four jail terms = very slow learner...perhaps he has learned something this time, but I doubt it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    Robberies, break-ins, weapons, violations, and he spends two years total in jail. That's North Carolina for you. I think he's in for a longer vacation this time, though. And if the shooter had been using one of those .40-cal's everybody hates so much they'd have put a toe tag instead of handcuffs on this thug.
    How do we know he wasn't? I saw nothing in the article that said what caliber gun the shooter used. Could have been a .380, or a 9MM or a .40 or even a .45.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Thank goodness no friendlies were hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Sorry if I did not make my point correctly. My point was that he should have been dealt with when they had him. Instead of just letting him back out into society to terrorize the honest folks. I have no confidence that if the BATFE had caught him they would have done any better at protecting society from him.

Michael
    Roger that. But I guess if you've made the BATFE list you've got some explaining to do for yourself. I guess he wasn't a problem that a CCer couldn't take care of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links