23 Seconds to Live or Die

This is a discussion on 23 Seconds to Live or Die within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 23 Seconds to live or die.....could you prevail in light of what these people faced? If you're not carrying a round in the chamber, and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 23 Seconds to Live or Die

23 Seconds to live or die.....could you prevail in light of what these people faced? If you're not carrying a round in the chamber, and think you will have time
    to rack the slide......not this time. While this happened in Mexico, it could happen any place in the U.S. as well. You just never know.

WARNING: Very disturbing video and extremely violent....

LiveLeak.com - Nuevo Leon, Mexico - the Lozano Garza Jewelry Store murders - 3 camera angles (March 14, 2007)
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    The morons shot one of their own.

I'm not sure having one in the pipe is going to help you much in a situation like this.

You can't win 'em all. This is why I have life insurance for my family, and store my treasures up in Heaven.

Just goes to show that people don't value human life.

We can only train so much. There is only so much we can do. Sometimes the BGs are just hell bent on putting you down. While I would never give up, sometimes the cards are not in your favor. Keep your SA up and train to the best of your ability, maybe the luck of the draw would be on your side in a scenario like this.

Edit: 23 Seconds to Live or Die......As for this. I would hope to tell my loved ones that I love them one more time.....
    mprp and Bad Bob like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

notice the man with the vest drawing a weapon and he actually gets off one round that hits the first BG in the leg. I've watched this video a hundred times and you have to look very carefully
    to see his gun discharge as he is going down.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    notice the man with the vest drawing a weapon and he actually gets off one round that hits the first BG in the leg. I've watched this video a hundred times and you have to look very carefully
    Is this the guy in the corner?
    A security guard or something?

Just a killing to kill & that is all.....
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    We can only train so much. There is only so much we can do. Sometimes the BGs are just hell bent on putting you down. While I would never give up, sometimes the cards are not in your favor. Keep your SA up and train to the best of your ability, maybe the luck of the draw would be on your side in a scenario like this.

Edit: 23 Seconds to Live or Die......As for this. I would hope to tell my loved ones that I love them one more time.....
    +1

Crazy how those 'things' have no respect for life.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

(J.R.R.Tolkien [Faramir], The Two Towers

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    You can't tell from the first angle, and the 3 third doesn't show much either, but I saw what you are talking about in the second angle about his gun going off. From the way the BG went down though, I would suspect he was hit by the second man through the door. Either way it is irrelevant. There was no intent to rob the store. This was an out and out hit on one of the 4 people in the store. Either in retaliation, or to send a message to someone.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    One thing is certain, they were not there to rob the place.
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    One thing is certain, they were not there to rob the place.
    I think they shot one of their own guys. Maybe that's what made them change their plans. Hard to say.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I would bet money it was a planned "HIT" It's very likely they quit paying protection money and the gang wanted to make examples out of them.Anybody alive after the initial barrage were shot again,notice the girl gets shot in the lower back.
    Now imagine your front door kicked in and defending against 3 guys with AK's
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Yep. I am seeing this as a hit. They were shooting as they entered instead of trying to get any property, and they were making sure all were shot multiple times before leaving.

Sadly, this will be moving north of the border to a town near you soon, and there are way too many idiots (politician or otherwise) that think gun control will stop this here.

Do we really think any of those murderous scum will turn in their weapons because of a law? They will, however, count on the government disarming civilians so they can do this safely over here on our side of the border.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

People (if they even qualify) like that are disgusting. They shot the girl, who up to that point seemed to be unharmed, in the back after the initial volley was over.

I don't care who you are, if you were one of the customers or the security guy, there is really nothing you could have done...
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I disagree the guy in the vest, who is the one facing the door appears to be reaching for a gun, perhaps, but his hand never gets pointed away from the ground and it actually looks to me like his motion of his right hand is actually a reaction to a bullet striking him in the hip/belly on his right side. I think the first gunman was indeed shot by the second gun man. The security guard never faces the first gunman, he runs right past him.

The other thing I noticed is that it's true what they say about your fine motor skills going to hell, notice that it takes the guy two tries to pick up the dropped AK.

Twenty three seconds? I call BS... It was all over in the first 2-3 seconds if that....

If you had been a customer in the store... It is my considered opinion (and only that, an opinion) you would be amongst the bodies...

You have the fatal funnel of the two counters... you are amidst the personnel in the shop... no way to act quickly enough.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links