Welcome to Florida - Steady big fella

This is a discussion on Welcome to Florida - Steady big fella within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Haven't been here more than 3 months. Still renting a room. Haven't even traded in my MD drivers liscence yet. Wake up at about 2:30 ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 2 Post By Yankeejib
  • 1 Post By PEF
  • 1 Post By goldshellback

Thread: Welcome to Florida - Steady big fella

Haven't been here more than 3 months. Still renting a room. Haven't even traded in my MD drivers liscence yet. Wake up at about 2:30 hearing a truck idling in front of the house. My foggy mind says its alteady been there too long. Peer out through the blinds to see my shirtless roommate running across the lawn. Time to fetch the .40 and see what's going on. Hear the patio door. Slip down the hallway and see my roommate in the entry. I inquired as to the situation and he explainef that he'd drank too much, gave up his car keys, and took a ride home from his friends - no house key. I asked him to knock on my window as he passed it so there was no risk of my shooting him as he entered by the back door next time. Never got the safety off and never raised the weapon. Glad it was a non event.

Some roommate...
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'd give him credit for not drinking and driving.
    He doesn't have a cell phone?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    +1 on this ^^^^^^^^
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Just an FYI that if you have a vehicle . . .

Florida DHSMV - New Residents

In the state of Florida, a motor vehicle is required by law to be registered within ten days of the owner either becoming employed, placing children in public school, or establishing residency. Registering your motor vehicle goes hand in hand with the titling process.
    Just an FYI in the event you're ever pulled over and are asked. You have time to come up with an answer.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Number ONE...I`d learn how to spell. Number TWO..I`d get a new roomate. Number THREE... I`d live by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by cz75luver View Post
    Just an FYI that if you have a vehicle . . .

Florida DHSMV - New Residents

Just an FYI in the event you're ever pulled over and are asked.
    A lot of beat cops and sheriffs live an apt. complexes and observe the comings and goings of out-of-state plates. It's the nature of the state. It's an expensive ticket vs. a simple license transfer (but a total waste of half a day in the branch).

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    Number ONE...I`d learn how to spell.
    C'mon bro. Be civil. Not everyone was born a Funk or a Wagnall.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; July 19th, 2012 at 08:01 PM.
    BenGoodLuck and scgunlover1 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Takem01 View Post
    Haven't been here more than 3 months. Still renting a room. Haven't even traded in my MD drivers liscence yet. Wake up at about 2:30 hearing a truck idling in front of the house. My foggy mind says its alteady been there too long. Peer out through the blinds to see my shirtless roommate running across the lawn. Time to fetch the .40 and see what's going on. Hear the patio door. Slip down the hallway and see my roommate in the entry. I inquired as to the situation and he explainef that he'd drank too much, gave up his car keys, and took a ride home from his friends - no house key. I asked him to knock on my window as he passed it so there was no risk of my shooting him as he entered by the back door next time. Never got the safety off and never raised the weapon. Glad it was a non event.
    So how did he lose his shirt? C'mon - Paul Harvey us.
    goldshellback likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    A lot of beat cops and sheriffs live an apt. complexes and observe the comings and goings of out-of-state plates. It's the nature of the state. It's an expensive ticket vs. a simple license transfer (but a total waste of half a day in the branch).
    When I first moved to the beach here in SC, that's how I got busted for not registering my car (and paying taxes on it) in time.

Welcome to Florida. If you go through Orlando and see a big critter running around, that's just Mickey, not one of the mosquitoes that bit you.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Also keep in mind that there isn't any one thing that makes you a resident. it is a sum total. I worked in VA for 3 year, with NC tags, but I still owned property in NC. Legally I could have made a case that I wasn't a VA resident.

Had similar situation back in my college days..... Roommate showed up WAY after hours and had forgot to grab his appt. key off his car keys..... this was LSU so partying was an understood. I awoke to someone jimmying the lock on the backdoor. When my RM entered and saw my 1911 pointed at him........

A 'heads-up' is all that's required. We both were shaken by the event and never again did that mistake get made, by either of us. This happened before the days of everyone owning a cell phone....

Everybody's alive and a lesson learned. good job.
    chlbusa likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

way to not shoot him dude. bet you he won't make that mistake again.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Sponsored Links