Happened Saturday the 21st in Spring TX. Bankroll robbers.

This is a discussion on Happened Saturday the 21st in Spring TX. Bankroll robbers. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Happened at the adjoined gas station to my favorite doughnut shop. Doughnut shop opens at 5AM. Gas station opens at 8AM. Gas station owner arrives ...

Thread: Happened Saturday the 21st in Spring TX. Bankroll robbers.

Happened Saturday the 21st in Spring TX. Bankroll robbers.

Happened at the adjoined gas station to my favorite doughnut shop. Doughnut shop opens at 5AM. Gas station opens at 8AM. Gas station owner arrives by car, before he can get out of his car he is met by two thugs. One is carrying a rifle of some sort, the doughnut shop owner was unsure. POS#1 opens fire into the b pillar and rear window, unknown how many shots. The intent of POS#1 is intimidation. The gas station owner is then rifle whipped to give up his shops bankroll. Thugs take off and are eventually caught four miles up the road, no shoot out.

OK, you are in the doughnut shop having coffee and a kolache when the gunshots ring out. This event is happening approximatelly thirty feet fom where you are sitting, in the parking lot. What do you do?

This morning when I was taking my Sunday motorcycle ride I got the details from the doughnut shop owner. So while having my coffee I went through the scenario. I was only carrying my LCP as I typically do on two wheels. With my LCP I am pulling it and finding cover with everyone in the doughnut shop, full intent is a defensive position for me and everyone with me.

Now if I had my G17 and eighteen rounds of GuardDog, I might be inclined to go defensive, then make small strides to an offensive position to get more of the details of what is going on.

Tough scenario when the only thing you have to go on is gunshots out the window in the lot next to you.

Like to hear your thought processes.

2. Remove Ads

Probably similar to yours. Alert the people in the shop to take cover, maybe get the manager to lock the door (which might also defeat a victim outside taking refuge), get on 911 ASAP and start taking mental notes of the BGs' descriptions. Not sure what it would take for me to go offensive against a rifle.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I would have been carrying my Glock 19. I would have moved every one into the rear, called 911 Description of vehicle, tag, (wrote it on my wrist) guarded the entrance to our hidy hole.

When they had left, still live with Dispatch, gone to help the people in the car.

Links