McDonalds do nothing robbery - Page 4

McDonalds do nothing robbery

This is a discussion on McDonalds do nothing robbery within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; put your feet up on the table and with your gun drawn underneath and wait like han solo?...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: McDonalds do nothing robbery

put your feet up on the table and with your gun drawn underneath and wait like han solo?
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Under a Tennessee carry permit we are allowed to protect the lives of others. That being said, unless I SEE a gun, I wont do a damn thing except take cover and call it in. Even if I see a gun I wont just act. It is not wrong at all to do nothing. Your primary concern should be your safety then others. Any retail chain should train its employees to comply with such demands. When I was living in Connecticut it was not uncommon to hear of people getting fired for fighting back against crimminals. It sounds extreme at first but would you really endanger lives over money?
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    put your feet up on the table and with your gun drawn underneath and wait like han solo?
    Greedo fired first, Han was just lucky.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

until he produced a weapon, and was immediately about to kill someone. I would just keep munching my burger and call 911 and let them know. however the second he started shoving a weapoin in a 16yo kids face......i wouldnt start a shootout. i would just double tap him from behind and let the cops sort the rest out. No need for a shootout.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911247 View Post
    until he produced a weapon, and was immediately about to kill someone. I would just keep munching my burger and call 911 and let them know. however the second he started shoving a weapoin in a 16yo kids face......i wouldnt start a shootout. i would just double tap him from behind and let the cops sort the rest out. No need for a shootout.
    I do agree with the surprise shot from behind being the best option. We need to get over this idea of back shooting is somehow wrong and cowardly.

Michael

This is not mickey d's but before you watch it... will the BG shoot the clerk? Was the clerk resisting? the point I am trying to make is a lot of you are preempting an armed holdup waiting to see if the BG just takes the money and leaves or are they are high on crack and bath salts and don't care. This is what they call the rabbit affect; well if I just sit here and not move maybe I will not get eaten. Well folks it doesn’t work to well for rabbits; they are low on the food chain

here in the dallas area there has been over a 100 assaults on police officer this year so far, last year was 88 for the whole year. the thugs are pushing the envelope and I hope they don't push it your way
    Last edited by barstoolguru; July 26th, 2012 at 01:11 AM.
    ArmyMan likes this.

When your defending a girl whos getting ready for prom in a few weeks, just got her first boyfriend, car and job and its all about to be ended by some thug with a "nine" who wants to buy more crack. Nothing cowardly about that. He is the coward. Ya know the saying "only cowards get shot in the back". ;-) I would have NO problems with dumping a 230g HPJ .45 round into the back of his head in that situation.
    danwdooley likes this.

this is why i said i would wait UNTIL a gun was presented. saying "i have a gun" doesnt always mean they do.

this is why i said i would wait UNTIL a gun was presented. saying "i have a gun" doesnt always mean they do.
    It does to me.

Michael

However in most states, the threat of a weapon is not the same as a weapon itself. Most laws state that you can only use a weapon such as a firearm against another deadly weapon, shooting an unarmed man who claimed to have a weapon but did not can get you pretty tied up in the legal system afterwards. Some guy with his hand on his junk is one thing, a guy presenting a weapon is another. IMO anyway. Guess it depends on the demeanor and circumstances. If his hand is in his pocket and something inside said pocket is pointing at said teenage cashier......then yeah i'd drop him. But both hands on nothing and no weapon seen.....i may hesitate a bit
    Ionracas and ArmyMan like this.

I do not think I could handle watching a kid be murdered while I did nothing but could have. Especialy when the media finds out. I am not going to be a witness in a police investigation and not tell the police I am currently armed, people will find out.

On the other hand, I shoot this guy POSSIBLY saving the kid and others, no gun is found and then what? Yes he threatened to take a life and yes I have the ability in Tennessee to protect the lives of others BUT I never saw a gun. Was I protecting lives? Yes but if a gun was never found then lives were not in immediate danger. Whether I knew that or not wont matter in court.
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    I do not think I could handle watching a kid be murdered while I did nothing but could have. Especialy when the media finds out. I am not going to be a witness in a police investigation and not tell the police I am currently armed, people will find out.

On the other hand, I shoot this guy POSSIBLY saving the kid and others, no gun is found and then what? Yes he threatened to take a life and yes I have the ability in Tennessee to protect the lives of others BUT I never saw a gun. Was I protecting lives? Yes but if a gun was never found then lives were not in immediate danger. Whether I knew that or not wont matter in court.
    Exactly. Which is why the decisions you make in those 5 or so seconds need to be very well made. You could shoot a father of 4 with no weapon whos trying to feed his kids......or you could shoot some jacked up 19 year old gang banger with a record longer than the city of Manhattan. We have no idea of knowing which it is.

The way i look at it is empty hands, Unarmed. For the time being. Wait to see if it escalates

Hands in pockets with a bludgeyness of a weapon *even if its a sharpie*......thats enough threat to the cashier for me to make a decision to use deadly force.

Actual weapon in hand. Sad to say. call his momma, tell her to buy a wreath......her son isnt coming home anymore.

However in most states, the threat of a weapon is not the same as a weapon itself. Most laws state that you can only use a weapon such as a firearm against another deadly weapon, shooting an unarmed man who claimed to have a weapon but did not can get you pretty tied up in the legal system afterwards. Some guy with his hand on his junk is one thing, a guy presenting a weapon is another. IMO anyway. Guess it depends on the demeanor and circumstances. If his hand is in his pocket and something inside said pocket is pointing at said teenage cashier......then yeah i'd drop him. But both hands on nothing and no weapon seen.....i may hesitate a bit
    I will take your word for it when you say the threat of a weapon is not the same as a weapon in most States. I can only say that where I live if you are in fear for your life or that you might be severely harmed you may respond with deadly force. You telling me you had a weapon would qualify in My State.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I will take your word for it when you say the threat of a weapon is not the same as a weapon in most States. I can only say that where I live if you are in fear for your life or that you might be severely harmed you may respond with deadly force. You telling me you had a weapon would qualify in My State.

Michael
    Here in Maine are laws are very "gray"........in order to use deadly force you must be met with deadly force. Being assaulted by fists, unless you are severely outnumbered is not even a good reason to the State Attorney. Depending on state laws this may vary, or loosen, especially states with a castle doctrorine.

I advise everyone to check the state laws on armed self defense and know them well before engaging anyone ever. You dont wanna end up on the wrong side of the law. And every state is different. Do your reasearch boys and girls :-)

Even if there was no weapon there still was a threat and I would have no problem neutralizing that threat but I think I would rather risk them making their first move than lose my gun, license and a couple of decades for a justified action. I say justified (in that situation) because even unarmed I feel a threat is a threat but that dosnt mean Im ganna go guns blazing at any threat.

We live in a country where rapists and wife beaters are out on bail before the arresting officers shift ends. A society that will no longer tolerate capital punishment for a serial killer but will gladly lock up a citizen trying to protect his family. This is not a shot against the arresting officers but the legal system that does not back the laws they try to uphold.
    accessbob and W9HDG like this.
    -Abraham Lincoln

-Agent K

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links