So Carolina-3 Men Block Road. Shots fired at van. What would you do?

This is a discussion on So Carolina-3 Men Block Road. Shots fired at van. What would you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BugDude Thanks. They're thumpers...will scoot on down the road. I've been painting on the hippymobile for several years. Still not done. Herbie, ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: So Carolina-3 Men Block Road. Shots fired at van. What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Thanks. They're thumpers...will scoot on down the road. I've been painting on the hippymobile for several years. Still not done. Herbie, my parents brought me home from the hospital in that car when I was born. Our family car when I was a kid. They're a blast at car shows, cruise-ins, parades, etc.
    They are just a blast..period. Thanks for sharing the pics.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

2. Remove Ads

Uh, does he not know how to drive in reverse? He gave them all the time in the world to shoot at him coming, going, and while he was next to them while not allowing himself the opportunity to shoot back. While he was driving through them, he exposed himself and kid to them for the longest possible period of time. What if they scrambled to the other side where his grandson was and they shot up that side of the van.

After midnight, you and your eight year old grandson need to be home. Nothing good happens after midnight.
    BugDude and 10thmtn like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Uh, does he not know how to drive in reverse? He gave them all the time in the world to shoot at him coming, going, and while he was next to them while not allowing himself the opportunity to shoot back. While he was driving through them, he exposed himself and kid to them for the longest possible period of time. What if they scrambled to the other side where his grandson was and they shot up that side of the van.
    i thought the same thing, but i said i probably would have acted the same. how dark was it? how curvy was the road? how slow did he decelerate to before discerning a course of action. these are all things to take into account when weighing options on his split second decision.
    atctimmy and Badey like this.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

If that LEO had ID'd the 3 individuals he stopped that claimed not to have any ID they would have a good lead.
    BugDude likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I would have swerved around them if possible and if I saw them reaching for their weapons. I would make them apart of my car as I plowed on through them with no brakes. If I reversed and start taking fire and let's say crashed just like in the movies, I would then open fire on the three ghouls, eliminating them.

The Deputy who let these guys off should at the very least be reprimanded for poor work. Three guys dressed in black with no identification should ring bells and a search of their person should be conducted. Get back rolling also since you're dealing with three weirdos.

They could be a cult looking to torture the very first person who stops and rolls down their window. Get them out the car and kill them for a satanic ritual.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ComplexKaos View Post
    I would have swerved around them if possible
    I was always taught not to swerve for animals on the road. ;)
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I would have......i dont know. Faces covered, blacked out. Blocking the road at midnight. Sounds like reasonable fear for my safety at LEAST. Probably drawn to my lap and used some vulgar words to entice them to get the heck out of the way. And seeing as they were armed.........well lets just not think of what i may have to do next. Certainly a scary situation.

All black clothing with faces covered...holding arms and blocking the road, is not a girl scout midnight cookie sales post.
    Hit the gas and scoot...call 911 when clear.
    BugDude and msgt/ret like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm sure they were standing arm in arm singing Kum-ba-ya...doesn't everyone do that at midnight dressed in blaack with their faces covered?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If that LEO had ID'd the 3 individuals he stopped that claimed not to have any ID they would have a good lead.
    So you're saying an LEO should be able to demand to see ID from any citizen he encounters?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Pedal to the metal.
    Yep, especially late at night. Then call police and ask why there were 3 speed bumps at the bridge.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I'm sure they were standing arm in arm singing Kum-ba-ya...doesn't everyone do that at midnight dressed in blaack with their faces covered?
    Only in NYC, Chicago, Detroit and the DC.
    Chaplain Scott likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

So Carolina-3 Men Block Road. Shots fired at van. What would you do?
    Human chain firing on my car? Then I'm pretty sure I'd explore the effects of 6500 rpms, as quickly as I knew how. And if it resulted in their close-up exploration of the minutest details of my hood ornament, so be it. Basically, "Hit the gas and scoot, afterwards calling 911 to report."
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    All black clothing with faces covered...holding arms and blocking the road, is not a girl scout midnight cookie sales post.
    Hit the gas and scoot...call 911 when clear.
    I agree... I'd have either blown through or slammed the brakes and high-tailed it the other direction.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links