So Carolina-3 Men Block Road. Shots fired at van. What would you do?

This is a discussion on So Carolina-3 Men Block Road. Shots fired at van. What would you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 3 guys with "arms locked" blocked the whole road? Must have some narrow roads in S.C....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: So Carolina-3 Men Block Road. Shots fired at van. What would you do?

mkh
    3 guys with "arms locked" blocked the whole road? Must have some narrow roads in S.C.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Uh, does he not know how to drive in reverse? He gave them all the time in the world to shoot at him coming, going, and while he was next to them while not allowing himself the opportunity to shoot back. While he was driving through them, he exposed himself and kid to them for the longest possible period of time. What if they scrambled to the other side where his grandson was and they shot up that side of the van.
    The OP said it happened on a bridge. We don't know how much warning the driver had. The driver could have feared being trapped or blocked in by a vehicle suddenly coming from behind him.

Backing up & turning around could be more dangerous & take more time than just pushing through; depending on how things happened. Besides that the BGs could have had someone hidden in the woods behind the victims vehicle; where backing up may have actually placed the victim in even greater danger.

All things considered, I would most likely take the path of least resistance. (Through 3 d***a^^ bad guys.)

-

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    3 guys with "arms locked" blocked the whole road? Must have some narrow roads in S.C.
    The US interstate highway system specifies lanes must be 12 feet wide. Most city streets are not that wide. We'll say 10 feet. 3 men with even a short armspan of 5 feet could cover 12-15 feet. On a two-lane road that leaves 5-7 feet of available space, split between two sides, thus blocking the lanes. Bridge lanes are generally even narrower, and for all we know it could be an old one-lane bridge.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    The LEO had no right to demand or expect ID from these three. Dressed in black and no id does not make them criminals. This from a retired LEO. As far as the rest of the story........Didn't happen the way the complainant said.........Betcha!!!!!!!!!
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by redbeardsong View Post
    So you're saying an LEO should be able to demand to see ID from any citizen he encounters?
    YES ,,,, YES ,,,, YES ,,,,, YES,,,,, just common sense,,,,,, screw the Liberal Laws,,,,, CONGRESS, BANKS & LAWYERS ARE
    RUINING THE USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1234 View Post
    YES ,,,, YES ,,,, YES ,,,,, YES,,,,, just common sense,,,,,, screw the Liberal Laws,,,,, CONGRESS, BANKS & LAWYERS ARE
    RUINING THE USA.
    ........that is very joseph stallin and gustappo of you. ....."They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin
    jace33 likes this.

I wonder if a man makes the same sound as a deer bouncing off the front end of a van ?
    Last edited by barstoolguru; July 26th, 2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Before the shooting call, a deputy had stopped to speak with three men dressed similarly, but none had identification or weapons on them, according to the report.

Well dang, there wasn't nothing suspicious about that. "You got any identification, like maybe a driver's license or something? No? How about your two buddies? They don't have any identification either? Are you guys like twelve or thirteen? What are you doing out after midnight all dressed in black?

Headquarters, this is Deputy Fife. I checked it out. Nothing suspicious to report."
    The LEO did nothing wrong. If the people were not breaking any laws what would you have him do? And we must remember anything we believe that he should be able to do to them he will also be able to do to us.

Michael

i agree.

[QUOTE=Gene83;2330534] Before the shooting call, a deputy had stopped to speak with three men dressed similarly, but none had identification or weapons on them, according to the report.

Well dang, there wasn't nothing suspicious about that. "You got any identification, like maybe a driver's license or something? No? How about your two buddies? They don't have any identification either? Are you guys like twelve or thirteen? What are you doing out after midnight all dressed in black?

Headquarters, this is Deputy Fife. I checked it out. Nothing suspicious to report.

Ecc 12:13 This is the end of the matter; all hath been heard: fear God, and keep his commandments; for this is the whole duty of man.
    Ecc 12:14 For God will bring every work into judgment, with every hidden thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Originally Posted by redbeardsong
    So you're saying an LEO should be able to demand to see ID from any citizen he encounters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1234 View Post
    RUINING THE USA.
    This is the same gut reactions that anti gunners play on when going after our gun rights. Using a tragedy as a reason to strip people of their rights.

Michael

VIP Member
    So many pedestrians, so little time. If I am doing less than 50mph may consider shifting to 4wd before flooring it.
    abillb likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by royal barnes View Post
    The LEO had no right to demand or expect ID from these three. Dressed in black and no id does not make them criminals. This from a retired LEO. As far as the rest of the story........Didn't happen the way the complainant said.........Betcha!!!!!!!!!
    Actually they did have the right.

Under certain circumstances they dont but i believe in this one they did.

Delaware v Prouse says that an officer cannot detain someone without reasonable suspicion of crime. Wearing black ski masks, and blacked out clothing in the middle of the road in the middle of the night.......reasonable suspicion that someone has just, or is about to commit a crime.

However .....wearing normal clothes and walking....is not grounds for a terry stop, or a detainment. However sneaking around like a ninja........is haha

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    So many pedestrians, so little time. If I am doing less than 50mph may consider shifting to 4wd before flooring it.
    I bet next time they draw straws and short one gets middle.
    abillb and BenGoodLuck like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    i wonder how many GTA points these guys would be worth.........i say 125

That's the "proper" way to avoid a ambush while in 'convoy'. Keep going when possible.
    Build your own! http://www.ktordnance.com/kto/

Jetico.......BC Wipe

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links