So Carolina-3 Men Block Road. Shots fired at van. What would you do?

This is a discussion on So Carolina-3 Men Block Road. Shots fired at van. What would you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just thinking if this happened to you on a dark country road how would you think you would react? Spartanburg man: Shots fired at van ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: So Carolina-3 Men Block Road. Shots fired at van. What would you do?

So Carolina-3 Men Block Road. Shots fired at van. What would you do?

Just thinking if this happened to you on a dark country road how would you think you would react?

Spartanburg man: Shots fired at van with him, 8-year-old inside
    Last Modified: Sunday, July 22, 2012 at 9:12 p.m.

A Spartanburg man told Spartanburg County Sheriff's deputies that his van, with his 8-year-old grandson inside, was damaged by gunfire on Front Street early Sunday.

According to an incident report, the victim said he was on Front Street driving toward Powell Mill Road about 12:20 a.m. when he approached a bridge. The victim said three men came out of the bushes with their arms “locked,” forming a human chain in front of the bridge, the report states.

The victim said he drove through the men and then heard about six gunshots, four of which hit his van on the driver's side, the report states. The man said he didn't stop driving until he got to his home on Powell Mill Road.

The victim's 8-year-old grandson was in the van at the time of the incident, the report stated. Deputies found two .22-caliber shell casings on the bridge on Front Street, according to the report.

The three men who approached the victim's van all wore black jackets with hoods and had their faces covered, the report states. Before the shooting call, a deputy had stopped to speak with three men dressed similarly, but none had identification or weapons on them, according to the report.

No arrests have been made.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    That is one odd story. I'm sure it's a government conspiracy for SOMETHING, I just gotta figure out what.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Sounds like he's lucky that he blew through.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Pedal to the metal.
    atctimmy, ccw9mm, abillb and 3 others like this.

I wonder how fast he drove 'through' them...

Three guys dressed in black with their arms locked blocking the road would immediately instill a 'me vs. them' mentality. My hand would have firmly gripped my pistol, and I would have attempted backing up. If that failed... well, I drove a snowplow once...

Now, if it was an innocent looking person, I would have stopped and asked if they needed help. Perhaps I would be a gonner today. Hmmm....
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

tundra, msgt/ret, phreddy and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    BugDude?
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Before the shooting call, a deputy had stopped to speak with three men dressed similarly, but none had identification or weapons on them, according to the report.

Well dang, there wasn't nothing suspicious about that. "You got any identification, like maybe a driver's license or something? No? How about your two buddies? They don't have any identification either? Are you guys like twelve or thirteen? What are you doing out after midnight all dressed in black?

Headquarters, this is Deputy Fife. I checked it out. Nothing suspicious to report."
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

As a heads up, I just merged the two threads, since the first post was posted twice. So if anyone wonders where a post may have gone, just blame me.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    BugDude?
    Not me...but I wish I did have a VW Van. I've got 2 VW Bugs though.
    Attached Images
    thephanatik likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

he had his grandson in the car. yes, i would have done the exact same thing. probably would have grabbed the kid and put him on the passenger floor board so the engine block was between him and them in case they opened fire as i tried to drive through them.

and yea, floor it and call the cops. get the kid out of harms way above all else.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Not me...but I wish I did have a VW Van. I've got 2 VW Bugs though.
    Dang Dude. That's a couple of nice looking little VW's.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    As a heads up, I just merged the two threads, since the first post was posted twice. So if anyone wonders where a post may have gone, just blame me.
    Not really. Blame me! I fat fingered something.

I actually do travel on a dark road 20 miles round trip at least 3 nites a week. Just was wondering what would happen. Thanks for the replies so far.

Press on, regardless! Phone out as soon as clear, 911.
    BugDude and tcox4freedom like this.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Dang Dude. That's a couple of nice looking little VW's.
    Thanks. They're thumpers...will scoot on down the road. I've been painting on the hippymobile for several years. Still not done. Herbie, my parents brought me home from the hospital in that car when I was born. Our family car when I was a kid. They're a blast at car shows, cruise-ins, parades, etc.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links