Guy with .357 assists responding officer

This is a discussion on Guy with .357 assists responding officer within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Brownwood area in Texas An couple in their 50s from out of state had 2 dogs that evidently were wandering to a neighboring space in ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Guy with .357 assists responding officer

VIP Member

Guy with .357 assists responding officer

Brownwood area in Texas

An couple in their 50s from out of state had 2 dogs that evidently were wandering to a neighboring space in a trailer park, and relieving themselves. The man staying in that space warned the couple about their dogs wandering to his space and said he would shoot them.
    Well, the dogs wandered over again, argument ensued, and as the owner was walking away the suspect retrieved a handgun and shot him in the back, then shot him again at close range. The wife came screaming out of their trailer and the suspect chased her down and shot her.
    A responding officer from Early, TX PD arrived and the suspect now had a rifle and opened fire on the officer. The suspect had cover behind a tree and the officer couldn't get a shot on him. Another resident saw what was happening and from an estimated 165 yards took a shot with his .357 revolver hitting the suspect in the leg, knocking him down. He hit him four more times and the officer hit him 6 times with his patrol rifle killing him.
    youtube video of the guy assisting the officer
    Shooter who aided officer gives his account of Peach House RV Park incident - YouTube

one news article
    3 dead in Brown County RV park shooting after dispute over dogs » Abilene Reporter-News

1. GREAT job on the guy assisting the officer, he had a different angle and got good shots on him that the officer couldn't get from his position

2. shot from estimated 165yds....never say never, if you have the opportunity practice some long distance shots because you never can tell

3. absolutely ridiculous that this idiot took and argument over dogs pooping in his yard and turned it into a double homicide/active shooting situation

I want to go to Brownwood and buy this guy a steak dinner for helping a brother officer, KUDOS to him!!!!
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

2. Remove Ads

165 yards? Holy smokes....
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Wow..now that's good shooting. All the more reason to have a rifle on standby in case you need to make a long distance shot.
    ArmyMan and TonyDTrigger like this.

I doubt the officer was expecting it before it happened, would have liked to seen the look on his face when he figured it out.
    mano3, oneshot and The Old Anglo like this.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

That's why I am such an advocate of long range handgunning. 357 magnum certainly has the power to do the job on human targets at that range, and a bit farther.

I wonder if the " helper " was an Elmer Keith follower?

But I sure would buy him a drink or two or three or more and a dinner!
    64zebra, jbum, oneshot and 2 others like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionracas View Post
    I doubt the officer was expecting it before it happened, would have liked to seen the look on his face when he figured it out.
    which part are you referring to....the intial shootout beginning or the guy assisting him?
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

165 yards? The guy must have an 18-inch barrel and a sight on that .357!

Not to mention steady hands!

Maybe they meant feet?

At any rate, kudos to the guy... even at 165 feet...
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

I tend to doubt the distance. Nevertheless, that old Texas boy with his .357 is a good man to have on your flank.

Senior Moderator
    Wow, I bet it wasn't a snubnose.

I shoot out to 50yds with my Speed Six, I guess I need to push that back 50 more
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Love it!!!!

An couple in their 50s from out of state had 2 dogs that evidently were wandering to a neighboring space in a trailer park, and relieving themselves. The man staying in that space warned the couple about their dogs wandering to his space and said he would shoot them.
    Well, the dogs wandered over again, argument ensued,
    The killer obviously had a screw loose, but.........
    Well, the dogs wandered over again, argument ensued,
    Have to wonder about the dog owners lack of respect for other peoples property.

Michael
    Toorop likes this.

VIP Member
    165 yards, that is one heck of a shot, kudos for assisting the officer.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Bravo Zulu Mr. Stacy!

My thoughts and prayers to the family of the murdered dog owners..... and I'm glad that 02 waster was put down like the rabid wild monster he was.

Even a 100 yd. shot with a .357 handgun is a heckuva shot! Mr. Stacy did it 3 times, under fire!
    64zebra and oneshot like this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    which part are you referring to....the intial shootout beginning or the guy assisting him?
    The guy assisting him. From the moment he realized it to when he realized the range.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Good shooting!

I'm glad he and the officer are OK.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links