Attacked in fast food drive through - Page 10

Attacked in fast food drive through

This is a discussion on Attacked in fast food drive through within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by CPanther95 I'll let others gamble and play the gradually-increasingly-effective-force game when faced with an unprovoked potentially lethal attack. Lethal force attacks justify ...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Attacked in fast food drive through

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
    I'll let others gamble and play the gradually-increasingly-effective-force game when faced with an unprovoked potentially lethal attack.
    Lethal force attacks justify a lethal force response. The pepper spray is for the non lethal attacks, so that you have an option. Unfortunately, I have had too many conversations with people who swear that on a jury they would go with their opinions even when the law says otherwise. Meaning you could have someone who thinks that you are guilty because you used the lethal option, even when justified.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Lethal force attacks justify a lethal force response. The pepper spray is for the non lethal attacks, so that you have an option. Unfortunately, I have had too many conversations with people who swear that on a jury they would go with their opinions even when the law says otherwise. Meaning you could have someone who thinks that you are guilty because you used the lethal option, even when justified.
    In SC, if someone reaches in your car door and starts to choke you, the law says you cannot be prosecuted if you use lethal force to protect yourself.

You don't have to worry about a jury if you aren't prosecuted.

And before you say that you can't count on the law to protect you from prosecution, I'll say that if you believe that you should selectively ignore laws, why ignore the ones designed to protect you?

Hope its okay to post on this thread again, I have seen quite a few posts about choke holds and pepper spray and I wanted to add my experience.

I personally experienced a very similar situation a long time ago when I was in excellent shape and I tried to grab and choke my assailant as he was pummeling me and pulling me out of the passenger seat of a friends truck. My hold lasted for a few seconds then he had me on the ground and broke some bones in my face and may have knocked me unconscious if both my friends and his friends hadn't pulled him off me.

I do not carry pepper spray because the rest of my family has significant asthma. I tested a small squirt of pepper spray years ago while downwind and away and both my wife and daughter started to have difficulty breathing, it didn't bother me much.

I was in college at the time and had been out partying when we were returning home my friend driving and the driver of the other vehicle had some road rage, so a hot headed passenger in the other truck decided that I needed a beating. As I said I was in great shape and much better able to withstand a beating then than I am now, and was glad I took the brunt rather than my friends. I was okay other than a fracture of the occipital orbit which did not require any repairs. I had a significant black eye for a while.

If that were to happen today the assailant would be dead.
    TVJ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Hope its okay to post on this thread again, I have seen quite a few posts about choke holds and pepper spray and I wanted to add my experience.

I personally experienced a very similar situation a long time ago when I was in excellent shape and I tried to grab and choke my assailant as he was pummeling me and pulling me out of the passenger seat of a friends truck. My hold lasted for a few seconds then he had me on the ground and broke some bones in my face and may have knocked me unconscious if both my friends and his friends hadn't pulled him off me.

I do not carry pepper spray because the rest of my family has significant asthma. I tested a small squirt of pepper spray years ago while downwind and away and both my wife and daughter started to have difficulty breathing, it didn't bother me much.

I was in college at the time and had been out partying when we were returning home my friend driving and the driver of the other vehicle had some road rage, so a hot headed passenger in the other truck decided that I needed a beating. As I said I was in great shape and much better able to withstand a beating then than I am now, and was glad I took the brunt rather than my friends. I was okay other than a fracture of the occipital orbit which did not require any repairs. I had a significant black eye for a while.

If that were to happen today the assailant would be dead.
    This is exactly how the OP's encounter could have turned real bad, real quick. IIRC, TX's castle doctrine covers you're vehicle as well as your house. Interpret that how you will, but the way I see it, it's pretty black and white. Guy attacks you while you're in YOUR vehicle means it would have been a good shoot. People get dragged out of their vehicle and beaten to death all the time. You don't know this guy's intent, but I think any reasonable person would assume he meant to inflict bodily harm.

Pleasing that this turned out well for you.
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Links