Attacked in fast food drive through - Page 4

Attacked in fast food drive through

This is a discussion on Attacked in fast food drive through within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by PEF I'm only going on the facts presented by the OP. If the OP escalated, or left some facts out that would ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Attacked in fast food drive through

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I'm only going on the facts presented by the OP. If the OP escalated, or left some facts out that would cut against his version, then yes, who knows. But if I did not initially engage, and tried to de-escalate, was boxed in and in a disadvantaged position in my vehicle with a grip on my neck that may, in a matter of seconds, cause me to black out or worse, then I would be in fear for my life.
    remember the old saying " it takes two to fight" a simple "sorry, we are moving now" would have took the wind out of the guys sails but I bet it was something totally different...just saying!

I have a question. How did you get your CHL in the mail before you took the CHL class?
    FL Lic you can get on line without a test

http://www.usacarry.com/florida_conc...formation.html

I hate drunks. I really hate drunks for this and other reasons.

I'm thinking after reading your story that I need to get some good mace/oc spray for the car.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I hate drunks. I really hate drunks for this and other reasons.

I'm thinking after reading your story that I need to get some good mace/oc spray for the car.
    I get mine off of EBay.. two 4 oz cans for 12.00

Senior Moderator
    mprp, goldshellback and Bad Bob like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Not in Texas
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

To the OP, Im glad it turned out ok. I would seek out some H2H instruction. A simple hit to his throat could have gone a long way.....
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    Good for you that you did'nt shoot him... you'd probably be the one going to jail.
    Know the laws in your State where you carry,In Tx that would be lawful self Defense,but pepper spray would more than likely have immobilized him long enough for the cops to get there
    I was unloading groceries from my Jeep last night ,suddenly I hear running foot steps coming,buy the time I see him it's a guy in Red over Black clothes exercising that flashes past me,If it would have been a thug I would have been way behind the 8 ball for defense since I'm physically unable to defend myself
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    I am not sure I would recommend OC in this situation. As many have said get out of there ASAP. But if you spray him down at that range you will get some too, you will not be driving anywhere in the near future. As he said this person was not alone so now you have driven off the initial attacker and blinded yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    At that distance, OC spray would probably gotten you and the BG, and put you at a disadvantage to defend yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by sonosam View Post
    but with her not knowing what the backlash of getting it in her own face may be, I am hesitant. I don't wish that "just sprayed" feeling on anyone undeserving
    They made the pepper gel for all of these reasons.

I carry the spray regardless, it's never affected me, I've tried everything other than spraying myself directly in the eyes (which I'm curious to try soon...), such as spraying into the wind a few inches from my face and still nothing...I thought it was just the spray I was using, but after trying 5 different brands, including MACE and Sabre Red I ruled that out, I even had a friend about 15 feet away from me when I sprayed it and he started immediately coughing real bad, but I still felt nothing...weird.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    Texas law treats a situation like this as if he had kicked in your front door and was choking you (castle doctrine applying to vehicle.) Would've been a clean shoot in my opinion. I also think if I had OC spray close I still would've shot... He's too close, he's invaded your vehicle, and his hands on your throat... He's passed OC engagement zone and found himself square in the new orifice zone. The only reason he stopped attempting to kill you (I don't know any other reason one would choke someone,) was because he realized he was about to meet his maker himself.

Also to those who say probably a clean shoot but expensive fight to prove it... This is a very dangerous train of thought in my opinion. If someone is trying to kill you perhaps one should be thinking how expensive the funeral your loved ones are about to have to pay for is vs possible legal expenses.

To the OP: I would call your actions dang near textbook. You perceived a threat, you drew (as did the buddy) the threat withdrew and each of you had presence of mind not to fire. The only difference (in my armchair quarterback opinion) in what I would've done... I would have drawn and shot immediately. A man with his hands on my throat is past the point of getting options. Take this as I mean it.... You did VERY well and I'm not sure I would have ACTUALLY done any better when some one had there hands on
    my throat.
    I am thinking that if Texas Castle doctrine applies to your vehicle also this may have been a situation where deadly force was justified. Your basically trapped in a vehicle, unable to exit the other side because your frriend is there, this guy is choking you, you did not instigate or escalate the situation. If the only time deadly force is justified is if the other guy already has a loaded gun pointed at our head, then I see no point in even carrying a gun, because in that situation your already as good as dead.
    First Sgt and goldmaster like this.

pgrass101 where do you GET those wonderful toys?!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Admittedly, I haven't read every post on this thread, so this may have been covered. Many drive throughs are video taped now, so you may have that evidence also.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    To the OP, Im glad it turned out ok. I would seek out some H2H instruction. A simple hit to his throat could have gone a long way.....

OK, here's a question, suppose you do hit this guy in the face, throat, ear box, what ever, assuming your even able to get a good punch delivered. The car in front and behind you still have you boxed in. If he keeps coming at you or manages to open your door and drag you out, is the fact that you used hand to hand on this guy at the start of the fight going to mean your now a mutual combatant, and your right to use your gun no longer is protected by law?

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    Texas law treats a situation like this as if he had kicked in your front door and was choking you (castle doctrine applying to vehicle.) Would've been a clean shoot in my opinion.

I would have drawn and shot immediately. A man with his hands on my throat is past the point of getting options.
    Ditto.
    Buckj likes this.
    "If you only knew the power of the dark side!" - Darth Vader

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    "As I was taking the slack out of my trigger I saw the springfield xd 40 cal fly by my head from the passenger seat."

Why have You still not explained this. It sounds like you are saying your passenger threw his gun at the assailant.

Aside from that, this is the reason I don't use drive-throughs. I don't like being trapped in there. I have been known to walk through however. If they won't take my order that way, I find another place to eat or wait 'til I get home.

I Like the pepper gel!

I Like the strike to the throat. Be advised-if done using your knuckles, this can crush the larynx, killing him. Another approach is to place a finger or two into the hollow at the base of his throat (the suprasternal notch), then thrust in and down. This technique causes coughing and maybe gagging. Still another choice would be to just slap sideways across his larynx with the ends of your fingers. Again, causing coughing and difficulty breathing.

If you can't reach his throat, just peel ONE of his fingers off of your throat and break it.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    pgrass101 where do you GET those wonderful toys?!
    To my knowledge there are currently no federal laws governing or restricting the ownership of flame-throwing devices. Some states have laws restricting possession of flamethrowers, but most states have no laws whatsoever concerning flamethrowers. So with a little ingenuity you too can own a flame thrower, but you would have to check with DOT to see if you have to put this KJFCA2U2WO9CA9QYUHMCATWWXC8CAA5HN0ECAPK5ARBCA2OW9FHCAJ7U6H4CAU87EB2CAP80LXHCATWP2BXCAU05I12CAQE4.jpg on your car
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links