Attacked in fast food drive through

This is a discussion on Attacked in fast food drive through within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Brad426 That's hurtful. It could keep you amused while you await your trial, I suppose. And Joe Horn former New Orleans Saints ...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Attacked in fast food drive through

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    That's hurtful. It could keep you amused while you await your trial, I suppose.

And Joe Horn former New Orleans Saints wide receiver?
    Sorry to be so late getting back...... I'm in Colorado and the trout were biting.

Joe Horn cleared by grand jury in Pasadena shootings - Houston Chronicle

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    In my opinion, you did great job. A stranger invaded your space and used deadly force on you, so you threatened deadly force back. That is all it took. Glad you didn't have to use it.
    You then called the police, reported the incident, and then was able to go home.

There are 2 typs of chokes. One attacks the airway, and depending on the oxygen that you have in your body, you have between 30 seconds and about 2 minutes before you are unconscious. The other attacks the carotid arteries. If both are blocked you have between 4 and 7 seconds before you are unconscious. If you are unconcious you can not defend yourself. In my opinion, that makes chokes one of the worst ways that you can be attacked, and Im not going to allow someone larger than me to choke me while Im carrying a gun. Sorry.... no.
    Again, I believe that you did a fine job in defending yourself, I would have done the same.
    Stop whining and go make a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

This thread made me buy pepper spray.

If a guy is reaching inside MY pickup...choking ME...trying to kill me....you better believe i will use all the force i have to defend/protect myself...and it wont be no pepper spray...
    AZJD1968 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    This thread made me buy pepper spray.
    Folks really should spend as much time and effort ensuring they have less lethal means as they do on lethal means. At the cost of a box of ammo, how can you not afford to.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

When I was in college I was in the Marine PLC program; about a half dozen of us went to the local martial arts establishment to learn Hapkido. Turns out the owner was the former chief hand to hand combat instructor for the ROK Marines, after we reached green belt status he started giving us some "extra instruction" after class which included several techniques for crushing the larynx both from the front and rear take downs.

I know how easy it is to crush the larynx and I ain't spending the last 5 seconds of my life finding out my attacker is one who, for what ever reason, is unaffected by pepper spray. A potentially lethal attack deserves similar response.
    AZJD1968 and ccw9mm like this.

Ditto on the pepper spray... I read it and decided to buy pepper spray when I went to sports authority.

I have a question about pepper spray. If one was in a "good to shoot to defend theirselves situation" (legal) and did shoot, but had access to pepper spray, do you think that the jury would question why one used the gun instead of the spray?

I would think it would depend on the circumstances. If he is holding a knife or weapon at you then I would feel a firearm would be equal force to stop the threat. If in the case of this drive through attack, the pepper spray would work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by slidewayz240 View Post
    I would think it would depend on the circumstances. If he is holding a knife or weapon at you then I would feel a firearm would be equal force to stop the threat. If in the case of this drive through attack, the pepper spray would work just fine.
    Can you be sure that the spray WOULD work just fine?

Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    I have a question about pepper spray. If one was in a "good to shoot to defend theirselves situation" (legal) and did shoot, but had access to pepper spray, do you think that the jury would question why one used the gun instead of the spray?
    I don't see it; it would be a matter of how fast did it happen and did the shooter have time to use a less then lethal product. In this case he saw the man coming up on time to have time to grab a gun. He could have used the same time to grab some PS and the man would have been chucking beer.

Check your state and see what is legal. Here is TX 18% with a dash of tear gas and a limit of 4 oz. is legal and will go a number on most drunks and wreck their night

some one posted this a while back but it is good info;

I absolutely do see the point of spray. I just don't want to be in court and have the jury come to the conclusion that I may be guilty of something because I used my gun instead of the spray that I also had access to. Or have to answer the questions "Were you out to kill? Why didn't you use the pepper spray you had instead of your gun?

Ive been sprayed with the fox brand pepper spray in training. I can tell you right now, this may be a little bias, but after being sprayed with that stuff... I would consider it deadly force and I would probably be forced to kill you if I am threatened with pepper spray ever again. In the case of a drunk at a drive through, I personally feel that pepper spray would be enough. But this is just me. Pepper spray SUCKS!
    AZJD1968 likes this.

The crackles of a 750K taser should deter anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    Can you be sure that the spray WOULD work just fine?
    I'm with ya'.

I'll let others gamble and play the gradually-increasingly-effective-force game when faced with an unprovoked potentially lethal attack.

I wouldn't want my wife here on the forum answering your question with, "In my husband's case, no, the pepper spray wasn't effective - or at least it wasn't effective fast enough."

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Links