String of armed robberies at Waffle Houses here - Page 3

String of armed robberies at Waffle Houses here

This is a discussion on String of armed robberies at Waffle Houses here within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, now we know there's at least one armed IHOP employee somewhere. Jack, I used to live on Edmondson Pike but I'm now over by ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: String of armed robberies at Waffle Houses here

VIP Member
    Well, now we know there's at least one armed IHOP employee somewhere.

Jack, I used to live on Edmondson Pike but I'm now over by the dam. But I still go over to the World Market across from Southern Hills. They have the best seafood market, and gunpowder green tea. But even there I've noticed they've added an armed security guard.

I don't think those punks will go down without a fight.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

It does sound like we all run around the same area :-)
    I still feel pretty safe...I grew up over off Dickerson Road...right between the projects and "Dodge City" I lost track of how many shootings and such I heard/saw in that area growing up.
    These punks will get caught..and I'd bet they'll go down easier than one would think. They're armed bullies...if they come out to a parking lot fill of MP5s with those nice little red dots on their chests...they'll fold no problem at all. The pick the soft targets...you don't see 'em trying to hold up Gun City or Guns and Leather :-)

Sticky situation.

First, Waffle House is long and narrow so BG's will be grouped up near door, initially anyway. I'd be in far end where counter turns, only defensive location on place.

Second thought. If carrying G-23 or 1911, when the order to get to the floor is given this does two things. First gives me a reason to be moving without alarming them. Second I'm now on the OFFENSIVE and thank God for so many years of high level IPSC compition. 8 shots, on 4 targets (with less than good tactical skills) at less than 10 yards. At this point I'm in control.

Third, If carrying J-frame, comply or if alone, or with like minded, make a move for the window behind/beside me, putting a round through it as I approach it. Make it to truck and get well armed. My BAD for being under armed.

but you're not allowed to carry (legally) in Waffle Houses around here....thus the quandry.
    I wonder if on top of all the other charges these punks will be charged with...if having a weapon in a posted location will be added to it?
    At least put that BS law to SOME use.

The way I look at those posted locations is that IF, God forbid, they ever find out I have a weapon. Them knowing I have a weapon is the last thing I'm worried about.

Waffle House is by far my favorite place to eat breakfast, but I have yet to see one that doesn't have a "no firearms" sign right by the door. It is one of the few places I'll frequent even with their restrictions on CCW. When I have a craving for their food, nothing else will do.

I have wondered how WH would react to this type of crime happening in their stores; perhaps allowing permit holders the opportunity to protect themselves as well as prevent these armed robberies. It would probably help for the upper management to be exposed to threads like these.

Until that happens, I'll be eating my eggs un-armed!

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Bad situation. I ain't layin' on the floor for NO-BODY. Guess that means it's go-time. Start shooting and moving and praying. Maybe they'll run rather than shoot it out. Maybe I (and others) get killed. Bad deal. Might be time to be carrying the XD instead of the P4....

Ya' know, I've never noticed the victim friendly signs when I've gone in to eat - oh well, guess I wasn't printing huh? I'm not willing to walk into a known target like WH carrying nothing more than a folding knife so I guess my choices are: Keep it concealed, eat my breakfast and leave (like I've been doing) or stop patronizing their business completely.
    Jack

VIP Member
    Good news!

NASHVILLE - Metro Police may have broken the Waffle House Robbery case wide open with the arrest of a man they say is their suspect.

The man has been linked to two robberies so far. His name is Renaldo Sheldon Pope Jr.

Police arrested Pope Thursday night and charged with the robberies at the Roberston Avenue Waffle House. Pope was reportedly working with at least two other suspects.

In both the Rivergate and Roberston Avenue robberies, police said Pope and the two other suspects would rush the back door when someone came out. Other times they would just walk in the front door.

Its alleged that Pope and his accomplices would then order everyone on the floor and force them to empty their pockets.

Between the two businesses, police said Pope got $658 in cash, but between the dozens of customers that were also robbed, the men got away with more than $5,000 in cash. Medicine, cell phones and jewelry were also taken.

Several other Waffle Houses were robbed over the last couple of months, so Pope could face additional charges. In fact, the same night the Rivergate Drive location was robbed there was a similar robbery in LaVergne.
    LINK TO STORY
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Assistant Administrator
    Good to hear Betty. Hope Pope is soon more than suspect, and confirmed as the perp.

Just hope all the publicity does not give other BG's the idea to try and pick up where he left off!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    The Waffle House(s) around here are posted "no gun" businesses. I can't remember, were the WFs being hit in Nashville posted?

Great news Betty, thanks for posting that - somehow I'd missed it.
    Jack

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    The Waffle Houses im my area, and some in Knoxville that I've seen, are posted no weapons.

Good thing, too, huh? Otherwise people might bring in guns and rob the places!

I'm thinking, if that happens, you let fly. Hopefully a few rounds find one, two of them, and the others are back out the door as fast as they can go.

Am I just being a bit of a cowboy tonight? Maybe. But I just thought of what Betty said about having them chance upon my gun during the robbery... Not good.

Administrator
    I think you have a better chance dying at waffle house from eating that greasy slop than in a gun fight.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links