String of armed robberies at Waffle Houses here

This is a discussion on String of armed robberies at Waffle Houses here within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; LINK String Of Waffle House Robberies Remains Unsolved Folks stopping by Waffle House for a late night breakfast have gotten a lot more than waffles ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: String of armed robberies at Waffle Houses here

VIP Member

String of armed robberies at Waffle Houses here

LINK

String Of Waffle House Robberies Remains Unsolved

Folks stopping by Waffle House for a late night breakfast have gotten a lot more than waffles in recent weeks - they've been put in the middle of armed robberies. Police departments in three different cities are investigating a series of robberies at Waffle House restaurants.

The restaurant’s location on Rivergate Parkway in Goodlettsville became the latest target late Tuesday night. Police said in each of the robberies, four armed men have come into the restaurants, robbed the customers and taken off with the money in the register.

“The perpetrators are coming into the store and making them all lie down, telling them if they move, they're going to kill them and scary things like that. It's very frightening,” said LaVergne Police spokeswoman Angie Mayes.

Police are looking for four black males between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-11 inches tall, weighing between 130 and 160 pounds.

Witnesses told police they think the men are between 17 and 21 years old.

The suspects wore bandanas and grey hooded sweatshirts and left the scene in an older white Cadillac.
    What a scary scenario! You're minding your own business eating, and four armed guys come in and tell all of you to get down on the ground. Four targets instead of one is a difficult scenario, and yet if you're flat on the ground and allow yourself to be robbed, they may find your gun and take that, too, and maybe decide to "give you one" in the back of the head.

Waffle Houses are ideal targets. The simple, windowed design makes it extremely easy for the robbers to scope out the place from the outside, the simple layout inside is very open and easily controllable by armed robbers so it's difficult for people to escape or hide, and if you decide to take a shot, you've got a lot of innocent heads in the way.

"Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    The Waffle Houses im my area, and some in Knoxville that I've seen, are posted no weapons.

Only a fool would hold up my local Waffle Houses. Its where the City LEO's hang out.

What a scary scenario! You're minding your own business eating, and four armed guys come in and tell all of you to get down on the ground. Four targets instead of one is a difficult scenario, and yet if you're flat on the ground and allow yourself to be robbed, they may find your gun and take that, too, and maybe decide to "give you one" in the back of the head.

Waffle Houses are ideal targets. The simple, windowed design makes it extremely easy for the robbers to scope out the place from the outside, the simple layout inside is very open and easily controllable by armed robbers so it's difficult for people to escape or hide, and if you decide to take a shot, you've got a lot of innocent heads in the way.
    Alright Betty,
    I think its time for you to stop watching the movie "Pulp Fiction".

Assistant Administrator
    When you get up to those numbers of BG's things get real tricky.

One can but think of having to eat with extreme vigilance and hand all but hovering near your gun. Even then - this is not a good situation

Or - as will probably happen - folks will stop patronizing those places.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    Wow, four armed BGs, likely dispersed, they got the drop on you, that's a nightmare. The only worse nightmare is if when they tell you to get on the floor. Of course we now know that they didn't hurt anyone, but the floor thing would just about be my do or die signal. But drawing and firing at four armed BGs, esp. when you're in a booth with limited mobility - tough situation!

Of course it could be that if you shot one, the others would panic and run, that'd be an optimistic scenario.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    One would only hope that with all patrons on the floor you'd have a "Raid on Entebbe" type thing going.

That's only if you could be off the floor to draw and target the BG's. This would be a very bad thang,for sure. --------

All of the Waffle Houses I have been to have been posted criminal friendly.

Whenever I Have...

been in a Waffle House in Gainesville (no signs...ever), I am always sure there is more than one weapon in the 'House'. I can't say that there are a lot of LEO's, but there are certainly a lot of open print shirts.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I would think one of those toothless waitress's would be a deterrent.
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Decision time

To quote the Duke, a man's got to know his limitations. Decide before the fact the point of no return for you. For example, you may give up your wallet, but will fight ratrher than give up your gun. You may decide to shoot back if the bank gets robbed...if you're alone, but not with the wife and kids next to you. If they want the cash from the register, you'll be a good witness...But what if they want to march the customers into the cooler? What is the point for YOU that you'll get in a 4 to 1 gunfight instead of giving up. Maybe you're carrying a full sized 1911 with two spare mags (you are, right?). Maybe you've got a P-32 in your pocket and a 1911 at home. I submit to you that the time to decide this is not when the incident occurs, but now in safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Waffle Houses are ideal targets.

Around here they are posted No Weapons and Cash Only!

They're practically BEGGING to be robbed.

Best thing for your health is to avoid the places (armed or not ... the food alone will kill you)

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I don't think I'd want to go to the waffle house without a partner.

If caught alone, I'd hide behind my bulletproof briefcase while I drew my twin LDA 45s. Of course I've practiced just this type of incident, and can shoot bullseyes simultaneously while in a meditation induced trance. Wait, no, that was a dream I had last night. Never mind. Eat at home.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Lew
    I have been in 2 Waffle house's and the food was terrible. The fact that they are posted is enough to never go back, but the fact that my wife and I do not smoke and they do not have a non smoking section, (and everyone in there smokes) is a huge nogo for me now. I used to smoke but the waffle houses are so small and confined it makes it intollerable.
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

Senior Moderator
    My wife and I both enjoy Waffle House on driving trips. Most are good places to eat (check the bathroom if they clean it, then they care about their jobs). I must agree with what Superhouse said, you have to decide I what point you would say "NO" and draw and probably die in the attempt to take out 4 armed BG's who have the drop on you. I pray that I never run into a situation as bad as this one.

retsupt99,
    I can't say that there are a lot of LEO's, but there are certainly a lot of open print shirts.
    Try the one on Archer RD. at 03:00, there and Perkins on Newbury RD.

If you go to the Waffle house on 13th st., you might just get robbed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links