Try this one...

Try this one...

This is a discussion on Try this one... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You and your wife have just come out of seeing the movie " Best Friends Forever" starring Jane Fonda and Barbara Streisand. On the way ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Try this one...

Try this one...

You and your wife have just come out of seeing the movie " Best Friends Forever" starring Jane Fonda and Barbara Streisand. On the way back to your car, towards a kinda dark area of the parking lot, you spy 2 men. One is on his knees on the ground and another is yelling at him with a gun drawn aggresively pointing at him. You hear the guy on the ground pleading for his life. You are carrying a .380 PPK and a Glock 19. What do you do, WHAT DO YOU DO?

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    First, I would wonder what the heck I'm doing with a Glock.

Call the PD, because if I went to that movie my wife would owe me big time and I was a hero once that night.

If before hand I would be begging the bad guy to shoot me.

Also welcome to the site
    Last edited by Dakotaranger; September 22nd, 2006 at 06:54 AM.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post

Dialing 911!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    How do you know that the guy with a drawn weapon is not an undercover cop?

How do you know that the guy with the weapon, wasn't attacked by the guy on the ground and drew the weapon in defense?

Things are not always what they seem.
    Last edited by GoodSamaritan; September 22nd, 2006 at 08:41 AM.

Very good

Good job GoodSamaritan...this was the answer I hope someone would give...reading some of the other threads, I thought someone would have said, 'well, I'd sneak around some cars that are in the back so he couldn't see me, then I'd draw and order him to stop, and if he turned around with the gun, I'd double tap."

I am glad to see we have clear heads here.

Thanks for the welcome to the site!

Quote Originally Posted by ppcpilot View Post
    You and your wife have just come out of seeing the movie " Best Friends Forever" starring Jane Fonda and Barbara Streisand.
    Clearly I am under extreme mental duress, and in no condition to be making any decisions. Call 911. I need thorazine. Oh, yeah, there's some guy with a gun who may be about to shoot someone, but with the shrill ringing in my ears from 2+ hours of listening to Fonda and Streisand, and spots before my eyes from the Hag Sisters I may be hallucinating.............

Actually, I'm changing my answer- I would just use the Glock on myself and stop the agony......

Wait. I have two guns. Anyone know of successful suicide attempts with a gun in each ear?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post

Call the PD, because if I went to that movie my wife would owe me big time and I was a hero once that night.

If before hand I would be begging the bad guy to shoot me.
    BWAHAHAHA
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

After spending 1.5-2 hours listening to and watching Babs and Hanoi Jane I'd step into the parking lot and turn my gun on myself ... maybe the blast would disrupt whatever nefarious activities were going on elsewhere in the parking lot but at that point I really wouldn't care.

Garland, NC (About 25 miles east of Fayetteville)
    Was this a trick question?
    I would never see that movie, even if forced into the theater I would fight my way out.
    "Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud..."
    -Jeff Cooper, "The Art of the Rifle"

VIP Member
    You and your wife have just come out of seeing the movie " Best Friends Forever" starring Jane Fonda and Barbara Streisand......
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
    Was this a trick question?
    I would never see that movie, even if forced into the theater I would fight my way out.

You're kidding right? I don't know ANY gun owner who would go see a movie with those two in it........
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I'm with Dakotaranger! Thankfully my wife hates both the actresses and movie theaters!!!

Next thing is to toss both of the guns in a garbage can as I hate 'em both. Now, where's my Commander or Micro Compact......

Oh yeah, call 911, stay on the line, be a good witness, protect my handicapped wife and myself first. Way too many unknowns here.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Good job GoodSamaritan...this was the answer I hope someone would give...reading some of the other threads, I thought someone would have said, 'well, I'd sneak around some cars that are in the back so he couldn't see me, then I'd draw and order him to stop, and if he turned around with the gun, I'd double tap."

I am glad to see we have clear heads here.

Thanks for the welcome to the site!
    Thank you.

BTW, it is a moot point anyway, I would have already emptied every round I had into the projector (self defense) within the first 5 minutes of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSamaritan View Post
    BTW, it is a moot point anyway, I would have already emptied every round I had into the projector (self defense) within the first 5 minutes of the movie.
    Egad! 5 MINUTES? I think I'd be in convulsions by then....but it probably would be ruled a justifiable projectercide.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    Egad! 5 MINUTES? I think I'd be in convulsions by then....but it probably would be ruled a justifiable projectercide.
    Probably not in Broward county, FL they would find some way to hang you for destroying a liberal "masterpiece" of entertainment
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links