Mountain Lion in Griffith Park, L.A.????

This is a discussion on Mountain Lion in Griffith Park, L.A.???? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I was reading the internet news forums and came across this little gem. Mountain lion sighted in Los Angeles' Griffith Park | Fox News ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By glockman10mm

Thread: Mountain Lion in Griffith Park, L.A.????

Mountain Lion in Griffith Park, L.A.????

Well, I was reading the internet news forums and came across this little gem.

Mountain lion sighted in Los Angeles' Griffith Park | Fox News

So, the next time anyone gives you a hard time about Concealed Carry in the city limits saying, "What are you afraid of," you can just tell them, well, I am not "afraid," but I do have concerns about Bad Guys..... and Mountain Lions, both of which attack from behind and are hard to fight off with your hands, reasoning or good intentions.....

Or, maybe like here in Texas at Big Bend National Park......

Texas boy, 6, attacked by mountain lion at Big Bend National Park | Fox News

And there was even a Bear sighting closer to my home in Austin.....though I cannot find that article at the moment.

Anyway, all you urban city dwellers may just have a bit more on the plate that Pit Bulls running loose, so you might keep an eye open.

And even though I may not be an avid hunter, (I have taken down Boar with a shotgun), I remind my ultra liberal hippie friends that hate guns that there was a REASON people used those evil firearms to get rid of wolves, cougars and bears. They tended to eat the livestock and children. Go figure.

Ok, I know the odds are very low, and running into a Bad Guy is a lot more in the odds.....but I prefer not to end up being identified by my DNA remains found in cougar poop, if you know what I mean......

Fortune Favors the Bold!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Experts say the cougar shouldn't pose any danger to humans because they are solitary creatures that usually avoid human contact.
    I hope the mountain lion read this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Out where my in-laws live they get cougars/mountain lions/whatever you want to all them fairly regularly. They found a gutted and stripped calf on their front lawn a couple years back. Mor efrightening than mountain lions though is the exotic cat park not too far away, from which such things as tigers have escaped on multiple occasions.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

I'm not as worried about wild animals, as I am about wild thugs. Hopefully, the lion will make a dent in their population.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Links