Road Rage....

This is a discussion on Road Rage.... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had a tractor trailer repeatedly run me off the road between Reno and Las Vegas once because he wasn't happy with the speed I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road Rage....

I had a tractor trailer repeatedly run me off the road between Reno and Las Vegas once because he wasn't happy with the speed I was driving. Every gas station he would stop at I would unavoidably (and inadvertently) pass his vehicle. Finally, after about the third time I stopped in Beatty and reported him to a local Sheriff.
    "Life exists at a level of complexity almost beyond our ability to comprehend. It's a well known fact that if you try to take apart a cat to see how it works one of the first things you have on your hands is a non-working cat" - Douglas Adams

"All things are governed by law" - Hippocrates

2. Remove Ads

Lew
    You should have reported him the first time. He is supposed to be a Professional, not some jerk in a truck. I have no respect for drivers like this, most companies have the phone number on the trailer and alot will disipline drivers who have a certain number of callins. I have called on several drivers and with most trucks having satellite communications, you can watch them get the "Behave yourself" message.
    There are 2 types of people, victims and the prepared. I choose to be prepared....

"Bless thee, O Lord, This handgrenade, that it may blow thine enemies to bits. Amen" ~Monty Python's Holy Grail

My Blazer Website

My new, Unofficial Cam and Company Fan site.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oilman View Post
    When I initialy called the dispatcher she told me to stop driving so the cops could come to me!

Really?!

That's scary. She actually advised you to stop and let the nutjob catch up to you and possibly then he could have confronted you with a weapon at your car!

I would have spoken with the police department after that. Sounds like she was giving you dangerous advice, and I would want to know if it was department-standard.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLion View Post
    Yesterday as I headed home I noticed a guy in his car behind me reving his engine as I drove. Well, the guy would floor, smoke his tires and run dangerously close to my bumper.

...He didn't have a license plate that said "BEATNGU", did he?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links