Scenario: You come home from work & ........

This is a discussion on Scenario: You come home from work & ........ within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you who think you could take a head shot with your hands shaking and heart rate pushing 200. Good luck with that!...

View Poll Results: What is your response

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tell the guy to drop it or die

17 13.49%
  • Shoot him in the head & call the police

80 63.49%
  • Let him escape with your child & call the police

0 0%
  • Try to reason with him & tell him that his only way out is to let your child go.

38 30.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Scenario: You come home from work & ........

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    For those of you who think you could take a head shot with your hands shaking and heart rate pushing 200. Good luck with that!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    There is a time to talk and time to act. This is not a time to have a conversation.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Not having read all the comments, I am going by the idea that I get to my house and the front door is amiss and something just is not right. I do not hear anything going on inside and see no real movement. I do not even know if anyone is in the house. I call 911 and wait. I am not an LEO, I am not a negotiator, I am not a SWAT expert--I am a CCW person who is not trained for some kind of close quarters tactical situation. Period/end of story. Many replies are really easy when you sit at the computer in your underwear.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Not having read all the comments, I am going by the idea that I get to my house and the front door is amiss and something just is not right. I do not hear anything going on inside and see no real movement. I do not even know if anyone is in the house. I call 911 and wait. I am not an LEO, I am not a negotiator, I am not a SWAT expert--I am a CCW person who is not trained for some kind of close quarters tactical situation. Period/end of story. Many replies are really easy when you sit at the computer in your underwear.
    You haven't trained for close quarters or force-on-force??? Put your pants back on and train.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    For those of you who think you could take a head shot with your hands shaking and heart rate pushing 200. Good luck with that!
    You have assumed some very poor conditioning.
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    You have assumed some very poor conditioning.
    I believe some could make that shot, maybe even me. I'm just saying it won't be like at the range.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Senior Moderator
    Since I am a ninja, he would not see me until he catches a glimspe of my hand as it pulls his still beating heart out of his chest
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Since I am a ninja, he would not see me until he catches a glimspe of my hand as it pulls his still beating heart out of his chest
    It is very dangerous to assume that the attacker is not also a ninja.
    Thunder71 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    This is one hypothetical that cannot be answered on a forum.
    Totally agree.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    U.S. Navy 1965 - 1978

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I believe some could make that shot, maybe even me. I'm just saying it won't be like at the range.
    Agreed. I firmly believe we react as well as or as poorly as we train.
    sgb, sigmanluke and ericb327 like this.
    Tuco

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post
    It is very dangerous to assume that the attacker is not also a ninja.
    If he was a ninja there would have been no sign of forced entry
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Moderator
    It reality the BG has a choice, he can let my kid go or die

If he shoots the kid he dies, if he points the pistol away from the kids head he dies (ie at me)

The only way that he will survive is to drop the gun

I will explain this to him, and react accordingly

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Why does everyone assume you have a laser? And if the BG sees the laser and is willing to die your child might be toast. Look, this is not a case for bravado. There is no correct answer to this becasue there are wa too many things involved:
    Age of child, childs ability, YOUR ability to shoot under a huge amount of stress, assumption you take out the CNS and he does not pull the trigger, what the BG wants, is he drunk, under the influence, scared, confident.

This is one hypothetical that cannot be answered on a forum.
    Because I do have a Laser.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    Well thought out but too much time is passing for me. For all we know wife and daughter could be getting sexually assaulted while calling 911.
    I agree.
    No offense to JD & LT. But, their responses are best scenario answers from the bias viewpoint. (I don't fault them in the least because it's their training.)

However, calling the 911 1st may NOT always the most prudent thing to do. That may be true in most big cities. But, an hour or more can go buy before any help arrives where some people live. An hour is more than enough time to have your entire family SLAUGHTERED while you wait for the Calvary to arrive. (Not to mention, all LE departments are NOT created equal!)

In my case, seeing signs of forced entry wouldn't be enough. I'm going to call out to see if I get any response. I'll be looking for my two pits to appear and listening for a human response. (What happens then determines my next actions.)

Scenario # 1- Dogs come running, but I get no human response-
    I go inside because the family may be in the back of the house on the computer, watching tv or listening to music & can't hear me. If I get inside before I discover the danger, I'll be in it to win it! (The call to 911 will come after it's all over.)

Scenario 2- No dogs & somebody screams for help!-
    What I do will depend on the urgency of the screams. But, I slow down & begin to evaluate the situation. (911 may be called 1st or may not.)

Scenario- 3- No dogs & no response-
    I slow down try to evaluate the situation;
    • "Is anyone at home?" -
    • "Are they outside in back?" -
    • "Is (in fact), there reason to believe something nefarious afoot?"

I may need to come part of the way inside my home to determine if a call to 911 is needed. If I see my dogs laying shot dead in kitchen floor, I would call out to my family again. Depending on the response, I'll either call 911 & back out of the house & follow something similar to what LT described; or move forward very cautiously.

If I find myself in to deep where I can't back out, I'm in it to win it.
    • As long as I'm living, a BG leaving with anyone in the family is a DEFINITE NO WAY in hell!

-

If my wife's car is not there, I'm pretty sure she's not at home and I'm just going to call the cops and monitor things. If her car is there I'm going to call the cops, tell them I believe there's a robbery in progress then drop the phone and not wait for them to show up. What exactly am I going to do? Who knows. But I can't do nothing.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links