Scenario: You come home from work & ........

This is a discussion on Scenario: You come home from work & ........ within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is the scenario, right before leaving work, you put your carry piece on, you arrive home to find that even though the door is ...

View Poll Results: What is your response

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tell the guy to drop it or die

17 13.49%
  • Shoot him in the head & call the police

80 63.49%
  • Let him escape with your child & call the police

0 0%
  • Try to reason with him & tell him that his only way out is to let your child go.

38 30.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Scenario: You come home from work & ........

Scenario: You come home from work & ........

This is the scenario, right before leaving work, you put your carry piece on, you arrive home to find that even though the door is closed, there are obvious signs that the door was forced open. You draw expecting trouble & everything is silent. When you get to the bedroom, the door is closed & locked. After knocking, or calling out loud to see if everything is alright, there is still no sound except for a low whimper. You force the door & find your wife & child(dren) held hostage in the room by a home invader. He has your youngest child at gun point specifically pointing at there head. What do you do?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Put the laser three-quarters of an inch low and to the right of his nearest eye, walk toward him and pull the trigger whenever and however he reacts. He will react.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Fight to the end. Here is an article that addresses this sort of thing. Can't buy into the "Run out and get help", but my wife and I have discussed this and agree that we won't be tied up or taken to another location.

The Truth about Violence : 3 Principles of Self-Defense : Sam Harris
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Myself I would tell him that his only way out is to let my child go because he isn't going anywhere & if he harms one hair on her head he will surely die. I would try to talk him down as well.
    johnny44 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot View Post
    Myself I would tell him that his only way out is to let my child go because he isn't going anywhere & if he harms one hair on her head he will surely die. I would try to talk him down as well.
    So he takes you at your word and shoots you. Now what?
    BkCo1 and Bad Bob like this.
    Tuco

I would try to talk him down enough to at least move the gun,as the laser is on his head, and as soon as the gun is moved from my kids head, BANG.....
    Regoria75 likes this.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Keep him talking. He will eventually make a mistake you can capitalize on.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Administrator
    That's what is known as being caught between a rock and a hard place.

The first thing you need to do is find out what the bad guy wants because he is holding all of the cards and the deck is stacked heavily against you and yours.
    johnny44 likes this.

I'm going to shoot him as soon as I see him, his reactions are no faster than mine! I would have been ready prior to entering the bedroom.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    So he takes you at your word and shoots you. Now what?
    My bad, I didn't explain far enough. No I would kill him the moment he complied & my child was safe. As you just pointed out, he is still a deadly threat. I would probably empty the entire clip in his head out of rage (sorry to say but true). Scum like that deserves no mercy.

Why does everyone assume you have a laser? And if the BG sees the laser and is willing to die your child might be toast. Look, this is not a case for bravado. There is no correct answer to this becasue there are wa too many things involved:
    Age of child, childs ability, YOUR ability to shoot under a huge amount of stress, assumption you take out the CNS and he does not pull the trigger, what the BG wants, is he drunk, under the influence, scared, confident.

This is one hypothetical that cannot be answered on a forum.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot View Post
    My bad, I didn't explain far enough. No I would kill him the moment he complied & my child was safe. As you just pointed out, he is still a deadly threat. I would probably empty the entire clip in his head out of rage (sorry to say but true). Scum like that deserves no mercy.
    Complied with what?
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I'm going to shoot him as soon as I see him, his reactions are no faster than mine! I would have been ready prior to entering the bedroom.
    You would have been prepared to see the BG holding your child???Sure, everybody makes this shot in the movies...this is RL.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Why does everyone assume you have a laser? And if the BG sees the laser and is willing to die your child might be toast. Look, this is not a case for bravado. There is no correct answer to this becasue there are wa too many things involved:
    Age of child, childs ability, YOUR ability to shoot under a huge amount of stress, assumption you take out the CNS and he does not pull the trigger, what the BG wants, is he drunk, under the influence, scared, confident.

This is one hypothetical that cannot be answered on a forum.
    No assumptions, since I do have the laser. I just ran through a very similar scenario in a tactical class, and it played out as I described in my original response.
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Complied with what?
    Perhaps I misunderstood you, you said, "So he takes you at your word and shoots you. Now what?"

I assumed this meant that he let my child go & then fired on me. Do you mean he simply raises his gun to fire on me after I say it?

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Links