OK Here Is A Video For You. This Is Bizarre

OK Here Is A Video For You. This Is Bizarre

This is a discussion on OK Here Is A Video For You. This Is Bizarre within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The folks actually stayed pretty calm not knowing if they were going to die in the next minute or not. This would have been over ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: OK Here Is A Video For You. This Is Bizarre

Administrator

Cool OK Here Is A Video For You. This Is Bizarre

The folks actually stayed pretty calm not knowing if they were going to die in the next minute or not.
    This would have been over before it started if some of us were sitting behind the microphone.
    The woman with the purse truly had more stones than brains.
    Bizarre Suicide By Cop. The guy actually getting perforated obviously edited out.

Any & All comments welcome.

I saw the longer version on liveleak.com

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d8f_1292403660
    I know this is serious, but still.
    I love how purse lady instantly falls to the ground and the lunatic is just like, whatever.
    Look at his first shot and the huge upward arm sweep he does to accentuate it.
    The guy who stalls did a great job talking with the guy until security arrived.
    Do pistol blanks shoot wadding? In the long version you can see the first shot does disturb some papers on the desk.
    SA MC Operator
    Kimber Ultra CDP II
    G26
    Sig P238

VIP Member
    Just so everyone is clear, THIS WAS LIVE AMMO. He just missed every shot he took except the one he killed himself with. He was shot by the security guard, but the fatal wound was self inflicted.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Ok, That's what I thought when I saw it on liveleak last week. It's a good thing that most criminals, gangstas, and lunatics are terrible shots.
    SA MC Operator
    Kimber Ultra CDP II
    G26
    Sig P238

VIP Member
    It appears this incident took place in a gun-free zone.
    abillb and nerdyvirgin like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    It appears this incident took place in a gun-free zone.
    Imagine that! I wonder if he missed the sign?
    RichB70 and gator15 like this.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

How sad that the only choice they had was to beg and plead with the attacker. An armed citizen could have so easily ended this. If the day comes and I find myself in this situation with my weapon I can assure you the BG will have a very bad day.

It be intresting to find out if the woman with the purse now carries. Of course it still doesn't help when society keeps providing No Defense Shooting Zones for the criminal.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

VIP Member
    Just curious.

Let's say for whatever reason you were allowed to carry and you were sitting in the audience with your wife.

When he told the audience to leave would you? Would you send your wife out and stay behind?

At what point do you feel you could/would you have legally intervened?

Would, in the distances presented on camera, this is a large room, would/could you make the shot with your carry gun and be effective?

Would you take the shot from where you were or angle or close the distance for a better shot if folks were behind him?

Would you give a warning? Would you wait for him to turn or shoot him in the back?

There are no wrong answers. Some would simply leave and get their family to safety and there is nothing wrong with that. Those that would stay and engage how and when would you do it?
    Bad Bob likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Family first.

If I can get my family safe, all the rest is someone else's problem. I am retired, I am no longer the Shepard. In Clint Eastwood's words "he shoulda armed himself."

If I did decide that I needed to take the shot, then yes My carry gun and me are up to the task. I will give no warnings other than the sound of steel on kydex, to announce your intentions in a deadly force encounter is foolish. Anytime after he presented the handgun and threatened anyone I would have been legally justified, but as I said MY responsibility is MY family.

Great post Tacman!
    RKflorida and mano3 like this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Once I was sure my family was safe, sure, I'd take a look at intervening.
    However, since I own no firearms, my best bet would have been to use the purse
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

sgb
    This happened here in Florida in 2010 Fla. Shooter's Wife: He's a Gentle Giant | Fox News

The Security Guard was unarmed and had to go to his vehicle to retrieve his firearm, the gunman ended himself after being shot by the guard.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Senior Moderator
    Just something interesting for me when I watched the LiveLeak version. Everyone is taking time to collect their bags and personal effects.

It reminds me of a FOF I did where I held on to my purse during the entire encounter and ensuring firefight... which the instructor made sure to poke fun at me for, too.

Things are just things. But if we don't practice leaving them behind, in the moment, we will do what we always do and stop for them. Which could be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 40Bob View Post
    Family first.

If I can get my family safe, all the rest is someone else's problem. I am retired, I am no longer the Shepard. In Clint Eastwood's words "he shoulda armed himself."

Anytime after he presented the handgun and threatened anyone I would have been legally justified, but as I said MY responsibility is MY family.

Great post Tacman!
    I'm of the same opinion.

Maybe we should pass another stricter gun law real quick and sweep this under the rug too? We could even name the new law, "Dennis's1209 feel real gooder law". Seems so many people lack critical thinking / reasoning and gravitate to a career politician.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Just curious.

Let's say for whatever reason you were allowed to carry and you were sitting in the audience with your wife.

When he told the audience to leave would you? Would you send your wife out and stay behind?

At what point do you feel you could/would you have legally intervened?

Would, in the distances presented on camera, this is a large room, would/could you make the shot with your carry gun and be effective?

Would you take the shot from where you were or angle or close the distance for a better shot if folks were behind him?

Would you give a warning? Would you wait for him to turn or shoot him in the back?

There are no wrong answers. Some would simply leave and get their family to safety and there is nothing wrong with that. Those that would stay and engage how and when would you do it?
    Once again your post reflects common sense and weapon systems choices. I like that.

I would get my family out. Period. If I go back in, my edc is plenty for this type of situation. Warning the BG as to what I might be doing would be stupid. I would act, so that he would be reacting to my actions, not the other way around. All of this is a condition on me going back in.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links